Does anyone do anything creative with their old key cards?

we have saved most of our SeaPasses... I want to do something to save them all in one place... I thought of getting a wallet... I've thought of getting badge holders and tying them together with ribbon... just wondering what others have done with theirs if they have saved them.

I make a scrap book (not real fancy but I try :)) with pictures of the cruise and I always put the seapass cards in it! Just a fun way to remember . Besides my DH gets real tired of me swiping it at the bedroom door and then complaining about how room service quit as soon as we got home :rolleyes:.

I haven't actually done it, but someone once mentioned to me that they turn theirs into fridge magnets... sounded like a useful way to display them. :)

That's a neat idea! Sounds simple too, just some hot glue and magnets.

The cards from more important cruises go in scrapbooks for me. I think I may try the magnet idea for the less important cruises.

I actually have an old Ving card room key (from the era before the cards) in one of my scrapbooks. Now THAT would make a great magnet.

I can't remember where I saw the pic but someone took all the cards (ships and hotels and theme parks) and covered a wall in their den. It was so cool. Every trip they went on they would add the new cards. Glued them right on the walls.

I haven't actually done it, but someone once mentioned to me that they turn theirs into fridge magnets... sounded like a useful way to display them. :)

That's exactly what we do - but no need for glue; go to Staples/Office Depot and buy a package of business card magnets (the size of a business card and peel and stick); they may need to be trimmed a bit and we put them on our fridge - we started at the top and the plan is to hit the floor! Seven cruises complated and #8, #9 and #10 are booked.

They're such a nice reminder of wonderful vacations!

JasYHZ

Funny you posted this, I was thinking about something similar over the past few days. I want to get those clear glass ornaments and fill them with sand from each port. Maybe there is some unique way to make an ornament with the cards?

I collect Christmas ornaments from all of our travels. I took my sea pass cards, punched a hole added red ribbon & tied them on my "travel tree". This tree only has travel ornaments & sea pass cards. It's so much fun each year as I unwrap these special ornaments & add them to my tree. It brings back lots of great memories that we talk about all season. Plus it's fun when family & guests in our home want to know what we enjoyed most about each port of call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's what I've done then there's never a question when it comes to where we've been and when!:D

On our last cruise when we went to the Windjammer for lunch after embarking, another passenger had all his old Sea Passes attached to his carry-on. There must have been at least 50-60 of them! :eek:

A bit off topic. But, I know someone who ended up using their old SeaPass card as proof of a prior sailing for purpose of having the right Crown & Anchor status. I think it happened right around the time Royal changed how they calculated their cruise points (from number of cruises taken to number of days sailed). The person should have been grandfathered in at the Emerald level (maybe it was Diamond, I can't remember), but was one level lower. Royal had no record of a prior sailing. So, she found a 10 year old SeaPass card in a scrapbook, took a scan of it and attached it to an email. Voila. Problem solved.

Funny you should mention old seapass cards--just the other day I moved out an old cedar chest for cleaning and found my husband's seapass card from our Sovereign of the Seas, 1992 cruise. It was our first cruise with our son and very special to us. I never knew I even had any of our old seapasses. I feel like I should frame it or something--just can't throw it away.

Even though I have been a Princess cruiser and am looking forward to my first RCL cruise next year, I thought I would chime in on what I do with my cards.

I download the pictures from my cruise to a flash drive (always choose a flash drive that has a hole in it for attachment), put a hole in my cruise card and attach it to the flash drive with a small ring from a business supply store. I have a round fish bowl in my travel room/office that contains all my flash drives. Sometimes I even add a souvenir keychain from one of my favorite ports on that cruise. If I want to check out my previous cruises, I just pop the flash drive into the computer for viewing rather than keeping my pictures on my computer.

Archived