VA aft vs SZ guarantee?

alexspepa

I think I know the answer, but please weigh in:

We are currently booked in VA 8134 on the Noordam TA crossing leaving Oct. 22; this is an aft cabin. We had an aft cabin on a Caribbean cruise a few years ago and loved it more than any cabin we ever had.

It looks like I could get a Superior Suite guarantee for a little less than what I am booked for now - assuming I could change - not sure about that since I have made the final payment.

We have never sailed on HA - is there enough difference in the cabins to chance the move? Looking at the wonderful HAL stateroom sticky here, I think I should stay where I am, but please feel free to let me know if you think otherwise.

thanks in advance,

Keith

Yes you would definitely be past final but it can be done but there will be no refund of money plus even though this is a Suite because you are asking to go to this category and not purchasing you will not get the Double Mariner Days. But HAL should let you move to this category. It really is a bit nicer having that SUperior Verandah Suite.

I think I know the answer, but please weigh in:

We are currently booked in VA 8134 on the Noordam TA crossing leaving Oct. 22; this is an aft cabin. We had an aft cabin on a Caribbean cruise a few years ago and loved it more than any cabin we ever had.

It looks like I could get a Superior Suite guarantee for a little less than what I am booked for now - assuming I could change - not sure about that since I have made the final payment.

We have never sailed on HA - is there enough difference in the cabins to chance the move? Looking at the wonderful HAL stateroom sticky here, I think I should stay where I am, but please feel free to let me know if you think otherwise.

thanks in advance,

Keith

Because you are past final payment, I would stick to where you are. I mean it could be done, but don't know if it is worth all the hassle. Lisa is right even if you can do it, there would be no dollar refund. You could have a nicer cabin though.

It's a hard decision since you like the aft cabin. However, in my opinion, I much prefer the superior verandah cabin mainly because of the size. I think you'd be very happy with it.

Let us know what you decide and if you take the superior one how you liked it.

OK - You Guys Talked Me Into It!

got a SZ guarantee at no extra cost, and a chance of being upgraded even further!

thanks so much for the advice; we are really excited to see where we will end up.

I hope you like it - it's very spacious - and yes, you could very well end up someplace else or even get an upsell offer:):)

The superior verandah suites are very nice IMO:D

Archived