Liquor shop

karenw

Does anyone know what brands of tequila they sell onboard in the liquor shop? Margaritaville maybe?

My one word of advise is to look for the 100% agave on the label and buy something good if you are going to bother. Why buy a cheap bottle and deal with the aggravation of bringing it home and having it delivered and so on.

Ive never seen that cheapo margaritaville that bon voyage pushes. (ratings are very low, but I guess if you arent picky it would be ok) .. this is not 100% agave.

Jose Cuervo which is not 100% agave is the cheapie they sell

Ive bought Milagro several times.. blanc and the aged ones

Patron is almost on every single sailings.. the other kinds can vary.

They sell the one that isnt 100% agave and usually a few other good ones.

PS Ive seen the Patron in the little gift set with all 4 kinds, 1 liter bottles of the different kinds by aging, quite a large selection.

Im a tequila drinker and bought quite a large selection between the onboard stuff and the stuff in the ports I brought home.

I found a price list for the Fun Shops that was left in my cabin from Dec 2011 (Spirit).The tequilas listed are:

Cuervo Gold

Milagro Mini 3 pack

Milagro Select Barrel Reposado

Milagro Silver

Parton 375ml quad pack

Patron Resposado

Patron Silver

Patron Silver 1.75 liter

I'm not saying that's every type of tequila they carry but it gives you an idea~ I have the prices also if you want them but they may have changed since Dec 2011

Im a tequila drinker and bought quite a large selection between the onboard stuff and the stuff in the ports I brought home.

Off topic, but if you have a Costco in the area, give the Kirkland brand blanco a try ($18 for 1.75 litre!!). It's priced like Cuervo, but it is 100% agave. Mix 3oz of their tequila with about 3/4 oz of Kirkland margarita mix, then squeeze half a lime on top. This is a cheap date you can write home about.

I used to get the Hornitos at costco for $34 for 1.75 bottle. But after trying the Kirkland brand for about half price, I'm a believer.

Now back on topic. All I've seen on the West Coast boats is Milagro, Cuervo, and Patron.

Off topic, but if you have a Costco in the area, give the Kirkland brand blanco a try ($18 for 1.75 litre!!). It's priced like Cuervo, but it is 100% agave. Mix 3oz of their tequila with about 3/4 oz of Kirkland margarita mix, then squeeze half a lime on top. This is a cheap date you can write home about.

I used to get the Hornitos at costco for $34 for 1.75 bottle. But after trying the Kirkland brand for about half price, I'm a believer.

Now back on topic. All I've seen on the West Coast boats is Milagro, Cuervo, and Patron.

Float a little Grand Mariner on top and you've really got something. The Kirkland Anjo is awesome also. In the low $20s for a one liter - great for sipping :D

They used to have one more brand, but I have not seen it in the last year, so maybe they discontinued it.

I used to belong to Costco but dropped our membership. We have a ALDIs right close that prices are much better for staples.

They used to have one more brand, but I have not seen it in the last year, so maybe they discontinued it.

I used to belong to Costco but dropped our membership. We have a ALDIs right close that prices are much better for staples.

fyi....Costco liquor stores in Texas (and probably elsewhere) do not require membership. The store is in its own separate shop usually attached to the main store.

http://costcoliquors.com/

Also prescriptions at the pharmacies do not require membership. It is prohibited by federal law.

fyi....Costco liquor stores in Texas (and probably elsewhere) do not require membership. The store is in its own separate shop usually attached to the main store.

http://costcoliquors.com/

Also prescriptions at the pharmacies do not require membership. It is prohibited by federal law.

But its in the same building here and you have to go thru the same check outs.

.. so maybe not all are the same.. as I have never seen a separate check out inside the store just for liquor. Interesting though.

I have found out how to buy pizza at the deli without a membership .. I just go in the exit door. They will take cash without a card.

But its in the same building here and you have to go thru the same check outs.

.. so maybe not all are the same.. as I have never seen a separate check out inside the store just for liquor. Interesting though.

I have found out how to buy pizza at the deli without a membership .. I just go in the exit door. They will take cash without a card.

Are you sure your local Costco sells liquor in the warehouse? My understanding is that it is unlawful for liquor to be sold anywhere but a licensed liquor store in Texas.

Are you sure your local Costco sells liquor in the warehouse? My understanding is that it is unlawful for liquor to be sold anywhere but a licensed liquor store in Texas.

It sells wine.. I guess legally thats different.

I actually live in a dry area, and have to drive out of the area to buy booze period.. and costco isnt that convenient .. thats why I quit going there. not worth the drive

In Texas.... Costco is not allowed to sell their Kirkland brand due too TX distibutors not getting there cut of the booze dollars.

The Costco in Houston area sell liqour in a seperate area attached to the main building but is closed on Sundays. They are not allowed to have it in the main part of the wherehouse

In California they have all the good Kirkland brands highly recommend them. All right next to the great California wines and cases of beer

For me the best Tequila on board ship in the stores is Milagro reposado/Silver.

Archived