PH Priority Embarkation

wannaberetired

Hello, expert cruisers,

I was under the impression PH suites could embark at 11:00, not noon. My cruise booklet indicates noon. On our Athens cruise last year, we had a concierge level room and were allowed to embark at 11:00. Wondering if embarkation times are different on each cruise or if the time in my booklet is a mistake. We are sailing on the Lisbon to Rome Riviera cruise on 9/14. Thanks!

Hello, expert cruisers,

I was under the impression PH suites could embark at 11:00, not noon. My cruise booklet indicates noon. On our Athens cruise last year, we had a concierge level room and were allowed to embark at 11:00. Wondering if embarkation times are different on each cruise or if the time in my booklet is a mistake. We are sailing on the Lisbon to Rome Riviera cruise on 9/14. Thanks!

The boarding times are not written in stone, and they do vary dependent on the port and a number of other factors, however:

In your case, the ship will have overnighted in Lisbon at the end of the previous cruise, so if your embarkation time is listed as noon, they may be doing some light maintenance on cabins in your section of the ship, or there may be an event for Portuguese travel professionals on the ship that morning.

(We've been delayed before, for both reasons).

If the extra hour makes a real difference to you, I imagine that they will allow you into the Terrace Restaurant earlier than noon, if you make an issue of it.

We are in a nonconcierge cabin - B4- just before your cruise, embarking in Barcelona. My documents say 1pm and our friend's who are concierge - not a PH, just A- are told noon. I don't know if PH is given the same time in their documents.

We are in a nonconcierge cabin - B4- just before your cruise, embarking in Barcelona. My documents say 1pm and our friend's who are concierge - not a PH, just A- are told noon. I don't know if PH is given the same time in their documents.

Yes, but you're comparing apples to oranges because the port is different and in your case the ship is not overnighting in Barcelona before your cruise starts.

The thing to get from this thread is that Embarkation times DO vary as the ships travel around the World.

Maybe they are staggering embarkation time since there are many more PH & suites on the O class ships & do not want everyone trying to get on at 11am

There would be line-ups then a bunch of crabby people having to wait in line;)

Plus as already mentioned they may have a TA tour/lunch planned that day

Archived