TV programs

Rafaella

HAL lists 'complimentary dvd library' in the room descriptions. Don't blame your TA or steward for not mentioning it.

Do they have this on Amsterdam? I don't recall seeing anything about DVD.

Didn't see it on Zaandam either but that was several years ago so maybe it was added?

Do they have this on Amsterdam? I don't recall seeing anything about DVD.

Every cabin on every ship has a DVD player. DVDs are available at the Front Desk. There is (or should be) a booklet listing all the available DVDs, either on the TV shelf, or on the desk, mixed in with the folders.

I ordered a DVD on the masdam on a cruise last fall. In my case, I called the front desk and gave them the movie name and number. It took about 20 minutes and a staff member delivered a random movie that I did not order to my room. I thought it was strange so I looked up the movie in the book and they had delivered a movie with my exact room number to my room.

With 9 sea days in front of us on our next cruise and knowing HAL will offer some recently released movies - pretty sure there will be a time that we will either watch a movie or get a dvd;)

Each to their own and every cruise is different - but we had a great time one night doing room service and watching a movie we hadn't seen:D It's just a change of pace:)

Who wants to watch TV while on a cruise?

Why not. I hardly ever watch TV at home, and never go out to the movies. The DVDs offered on the ship allow me the chance to see some movie classics I never saw, or watch them again. It's especially nice on a rainy afternoon at sea when I don't want to sit outside.

And it doesn't impact anyone else! Except them missing the pleasure of my company while I watch, of course. ;)

Why not. I hardly ever watch TV at home, and never go out to the movies. The DVDs offered on the ship allow me the chance to see some movie classics I never saw, or watch them again. It's especially nice on a rainy afternoon at sea when I don't want to sit outside.

And it doesn't impact anyone else! Except them missing the pleasure of my company while I watch, of course. ;)

I love your answer Ruth. *LOL*

If they want the pleasure of your company , they can bring some Goobers and Raisinettes and watch the movie with you.

And if its a Classic TMC type movie , I will be right there with you :)

RuthC,

You rock! I am all the way with you! The problem is when you ask one question, some people feel like they need to twist it and make it sound like what you have asked for was something they "would not do on the cruise... oh, no..." this is too funny because everyone needs to do what they please ...And no need to say " I will stay home watch TV , why do I need the cruise for that? " - That is your problem and opinion, I did not asked what you PREFER to be doing on the cruise - watch TV or be somewhere else on the cruise at that time.. I have ONLY asked about the TV programming and DVD choices, and that was it, no one , really , cares if you are watching TV or not. The most importanly - I will be watching if I want too..

Peace, again and best wishes.

PS. RuthC, get some popcorn ready, I am on my way!

Archived