Luggage Tags

Sox59

This September we will embark on our third cruise with Celebrity..I just got off the phone with them and was informed that they are not sending luggage tag packets out to their guests on this cruise...Your luggage tags are part of your Guest Ticket Booklet, and you must print them out and bring them with you to the pier..where, the directions are to staple or tape them on...as if I will have either of those items with me after flying from N.Y. to Southampton...

REALLY- am I the only cruiser that feels this is cheap beyond cheap on Celebrity's part? just askin' :rolleyes:

Sad :( Love getting luggage tags! It is the start of our vacation. I know some people won't understand. Printing them off and stapling them to the luggage won't work for us either...It's not like we drive to a port...Having pre-printed, sticky fold-over type tags was very convient and I, for one, am very sad that X has gone this route :(

This September we will embark on our third cruise with Celebrity..I just got off the phone with them and was informed that they are not sending luggage tag packets out to their guests on this cruise...Your luggage tags are part of your Guest Ticket Booklet, and you must print them out and bring them with you to the pier..where, the directions are to staple or tape them on...as if I will have either of those items with me after flying from N.Y. to Southampton...

REALLY- am I the only cruiser that feels this is cheap beyond cheap on Celebrity's part? just askin' :rolleyes:

Well I don't know about all cruise lines but I know RCL is rolling this out on all of their cruise lines. I bought clear plastic envelopes in which to insert our self-printed luggage tags. You can find them online at amazon or Favors by Serendipity. You can also just take the tag with you to the port and have a porter make one for you. They always have blank luggage tags. You could do the tape part before you leave.

d

Cheap??? Maybe just catching up to the times. I was scratching my head prior to my first X cruise. Why e-doc the boarding pass but mail the tiny little luggage tags. I was pleasantly surprised on Monday when we got our e-docs for our next cruise and were able to print out much larger luggage tags. I read a post where the lady complained that they sent her too many luggage tags in the mail. Seems like a small thing to me.

Royal Carribean made the anouncement lasst week.

No more luggage tags for anyone unless you are in a Suite or PINNACLE!!!!!

I was assuming that Celebrity would be following suit shortly.......

I booked a cruise on 8/3 ordered my luggage tags on 8/4 online and got them in 5 day's. I know RCCL is only mailing out tags to suites and above I heard.

Life was simpler before the digital age began.

J.

I was assuming that Celebrity would be following suit shortly.......

Hi Cherylroslyn,

I'm trying to find out what Celebrity's plans are. If I hear anything, I will post on this thread. Stay Tuned.

No you are not - it is beyond cheap. You would think that they would try to keep Celebrity as a more upscale experience and providing tags is one way to do it. Who wants to fool around with staplers and tape or have the hand filled out ones from the baggage handlers thus making one more line to wait in while embarking? (I also feel badly for those who are not very computer literate and can't print them out - they will likely have to pay their TA's fee to have them printed ).

I was able to order my luggage tags on line. When I went in to do my online check in there was a message at the bottom that asked if I wanted to order my luggage tags. I went in and ordered them and they were sent to my house.

I did it for Bermuda last May and our up coming Alaska cruise. I know if you did not do it early enough you had to print them out or get them at the port.

My sister on the same cruise to Bermuda got a message that they were out of them to deliver. Our Alaska cruise is next week and we were able to order them about two weeks ago and I got them fast. Check when your e-docs are ready on the online check in page. It is nicer to have them. Good luck!

I was able to order my luggage tags on line. When I went in to do my online check in there was a message at the bottom that asked if I wanted to order my luggage tags. I went in and ordered them and they were sent to my house.

I did it for Bermuda last May and our up coming Alaska cruise. I know if you did not do it early enough you had to print them out or get them at the port.

My sister on the same cruise to Bermuda got a message that they were out of them to deliver. Our Alaska cruise is next week and we were able to order them about two weeks ago and I got them fast. Check when your e-docs are ready on the online check in page. It is nicer to have them. Good luck!

Yes, that has been our exact experience on our past two cruises...Thanks for the alternate methods and we will check into those on Amazon...As for "it's just luggage tags", I think you mis-read my point or have not used the tags that Celebrity provided..In any case, we lucky folks on the Eclipse September/October sailings will let you all know how we make out on the pier!

Be assured, it will not dampen our spirits on the trip!!!

Bag Tag Mailer Updates: Please be aware that for the Royal Caribbean International brand, effective for all guest documents issued on, or after, August 8, 2012, we will be eliminating the ability to order a Bag Tag Mailer for all guests/bookings with the exception of Crown & Anchor Pinnacle members and Suite guests (Grand Suites and above). For all other Royal Caribbean International bookings, bag tags will now be included as a page within the eDoc ticket booklets, which can then be printed and attached by the guest. At this time, while we will still allow a bag tag mailing address to be entered within the CruiseMatch booking engine, please be aware that after August 8, 2012 no mailers will be sent to any addresses that are provided here for Royal Caribbean International bookings. At this time, these changes do not impact guests/bookings on either the Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises brands.

We are on Solstice 10/2. Today was the first day luggage tag order was available on the online checkin page. I filled the form out and sent it off, and I confidently expect to get my tags. On the other hand, if they stop doing it, I will enlarge and print them from my cruise docs and then laminate them with wide tape, put them with my other cruise docs, and attach them as we arrive for the cruise. I've done that before, too. There has always been someone with a stapler at the pier for us in the past. I too get tired of the cruise lines whittling away at our cruise experience, one perk at a time. But if this will help them keep cruises affordable for us, go for it!

Pat

My husband and I are sailing on the Equinox in September. I just finished my on line check in and requested my luggage tags. Here is the response I received only minutes ago,

"Your ship luggage tag request has been submitted for processing. You can expect to receive these tags by mail within several business days. Please print a copy of this confirmation page for your records. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.".

Kelly

Princess has been having you print your tags for over a year now. My TA has sent them to me so it is their cost, not mine to copy. Princess tags are 1/3 of a page of paper, printed in the middle (the long way). You are to fold that into thirds and then place around suitcase. I get them ready ahead of time by using book tape or other clear wide tape. I tape it all! This makes them very strong, waterproof, and ready to place around the case. If we are traveling a long way and staying the night before, I ask the people at the hotel desk for a stapler to get the tags secured on the case. If you are going straight from plane to ship, but have to pick up your luggage, ask someone at one of the many desks you go by on your way to the kind people who help you get to your ship. It's no trouble and a way to keep costs a little lower.

We are sailing out of soton on 19 September on constellation. At online check in, I ticked the box requesting bag tags to be mailed to me but then saw in the FAQ that from September celebrity were no longer doing luggage tags for out of uk sailings, you had to print them yourself from your e ticket.

I did this and they weren't very good copies, so I rang my TA and asked for her help. She confirmed that there were no tags coming from celebrity anymore, but that she would send me some TA branded ones two weeks before sailing.

The following day, I received proper celebrity luggage tags, which judging from the envelope appear to have come direct from celebrity and not my TA!

I'm hopelessly confused as to who did what when, but the upshot is I have my correct tags. I suggest therefore, tick the box on online check in, contact your TA too if you has one, and between the two of them you stand a good chance of getti getting luggage tags!!

We are on Solstice 10/2. Today was the first day luggage tag order was available on the online checkin page. I filled the form out and sent it off, and I confidently expect to get my tags. On the other hand, if they stop doing it, I will enlarge and print them from my cruise docs and then laminate them with wide tape, put them with my other cruise docs, and attach them as we arrive for the cruise. I've done that before, too. There has always been someone with a stapler at the pier for us in the past. I too get tired of the cruise lines whittling away at our cruise experience, one perk at a time. But if this will help them keep cruises affordable for us, go for it!

Pat

We are on that cruise also.

The cruise documents came via email yesterday and I saw the paper e-copy luggage tags. I just assumed that that was it. Not a big deal but I was kind looking forward on seeing these luggage tags. Some years ago I bought a little stapler for this purpose when I cruised with other lines. Both Princess and Carnival use the paper e-copies and NCL sends you cheap paper luggage tags. I now will have to go back check the documents and order ;). Thanks Vistapat

Now my two upcoming cruises I have to print my luggage tags. RCL and now Celebrity. Oh well I guess they are all trying to cut cost. We had to do that with NCL, Princess and Carnival so far so I guess everyone is doing the same.

I wonder if you can get luggage tags at the pier and just do it that way.

Does anyone know?:confused::confused::confused:

Archived