Loyalty points

momofmeg

The only proviso on Orators comments is the dates of your cruises. Cruises in premium cabins and of more than 7 days do not get the extra point before the program was instituted...Not sure of the date but its was about 3 or 4 years ago.

The other way to easily figure it out is go to MY Celebrity where they will show you your status and also provide you with a sailing history.

I was unsure on exactly how many points we had also but I finally just called Celebrity. I was unsure how many in our earlier cruises were counted as it had been almost 5 years since we had cruised with Celebrity. One cruise was a 5 day in 2006 on the Zenith, the other a 12 day on the Connie was in 2007. Well, we have 6 points. Since we were just in a balcony on the Connie, we have the correct amount of points.

We are doing a 4 day on the Connie in Jan. and we are in CC so we get 2 more. Hubby wants to do a Baltic in 2014 he hopes, possibly 2015 or 2016 if I get what I want- some remodeling in our house-LOL! So anyway, hopefully we can do another Connie 4 day in winter 2013-2014 when they will finally have aqua. If we do that we will be elite for the Baltic which is my goal anyway!

Momofmeg I am with you I can never figure it out we have 3 7days and 1 11 day and are going on a12 day in 11days. I have no idea what we are , I will be curious to see.

Have fun! I would think you could be select? possibly elite if you do Aqua, CC or suites. However, if you just had balconies on all of the cruises that 11 day counts the same as a 7 day-in that case you would need one more point to be select.

Have fun! I would think you could be select? possibly elite if you do Aqua, CC or suites. However, if you just had balconies on all of the cruises that 11 day counts the same as a 7 day-in that case you would need one more point to be select.

One could take the 2 day Connie in January and receive a point. Get 2 points in a Concierge, AQ, or Suite. People use these short cruises to rack up the points. They also have 4 and 5 day cruises. So take the 2 day and 4 4 days in Concierge or higher (total 18 days) and you're Elite.

One could take the 2 day Connie in January and receive a point. Get 2 points in a Concierge, AQ, or Suite. People use these short cruises to rack up the points. They also have 4 and 5 day cruises. So take the 2 day and 4 4 days in Concierge or higher (total 18 days) and you're Elite.

I saw that but that is just 2 short and it falls over MLK weekend which I am afraid will mean there could be a lot of " hard partiers."

I will never forget when HAL Westerdam had a 3 day cruise in 2008 after one we did before re-positioning. Several on my rollcall did both cruises. They were horrified by some of their fellow PAX. Many were very rowdy and one young woman actually vomited in line waiting to go into dinner. That is enough to kill your appetite. It seems you get a different type of PAX on these really short cruises even on the lines with a rep for older more settled PAX.

Besides 4 days is short enough. We are combining it with several days in Tampa precruise. Plus I just do not care for Grand Cayman or Jamaica the choices on the Connie's 5 day-However the 5 days for the season after this coming season will be from Ft. Lauderdale and will be Cozumel combined with Key West, so I will go for a 5 day then.

However, I can see some may not be bothered especially if they booked a nice suite and avoided public areas of the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding cruise points....I was on the Silhouette in August and when they handed me my card it had Select instead of Elite. I have Elite level on Celebrity and Diamond (Plus after December) on Royal. My wife's card had Elite and when I asked about mine, I was told to speak to the loyalty desk.

It turned out that they used a different Captains Club number from another passenger with the same name. It was corrected and they made me a new card and I received 2 credits for the cruise.

You won't find breakfast at the departure lounge for Elites. They serve coffee, orange juice drink, and pastries. Paper cups, too. Not the version of "modern luxury" you might envision. It is nice not to be so crowded, but on some itineraries there are so many Elites that the departure space is just about as full as the other options.

Archived