Loyalty points

momofmeg

We are now Select. I am not sure what that means-what do we get for being "Select"? On our last cruise a fellow cruiser who is Elite said she gets free laundry. Is that true for elite?

I was hoping someone could tell me what it is we get at each level? I do know classic only meant we got a few coupons. I am more interested in what Select and Elite benefits there are.

We are now Select. I am not sure what that means-what do we get for being "Select"? On our last cruise a fellow cruiser who is Elite said she gets free laundry. Is that true for elite?

I was hoping someone could tell me what it is we get at each level? I do know classic only meant we got a few coupons. I am more interested in what Select and Elite benefits there are.

Check out X's web site and look under 'Captain's Club' for a list of benefits.

Hello momofmeg! We're Select too. If you go on a cruise that's 12 nights or more, your first bag of laundry will cost you $20 no matter what clothes you put in it, and subsequent bags will go for regular laundry prices. When you become Elite, you get the same deal BUT they throw in one bag of laundry for free. :D

Hello momofmeg! We're Select too. If you go on a cruise that's 12 nights or more, your first bag of laundry will cost you $20 no matter what clothes you put in it, and subsequent bags will go for regular laundry prices. When you become Elite, you get the same deal BUT they throw in one bag of laundry for free. :D

Our last Celebrity cruise was 12 nights-and we did not get that coupon-we got it on our second cruise as classic members though. That cruise also was a 12 day. (transatlantic) However on our last cruise, the laundry service was messed up and not available anyway till toward the end of the cruise.

I thought that woman had it wrong. I knew you guys would clarify.

She said she was diamond plus on RCI and she said because she was diamond plus that made her Elite on Celebrity and she would get free laundry service.

BTW-thank you everyone. We have only taken 3 Celebrity cruises but 2 were 12 day and we were able to upgrade to a skysuite from a balcony this last cruise as the prices dropped tremendously. So now we have 6 points.

We do a short cruise on the Connie this coming Jan. and we are in CC-so two more points! I am hoping we can do another short Connie in Jan 2014 when they will finally have aqua rooms and our final 2 points. That way we would be Elite by summer 2014 when we hope to do a Baltic.

We have done 20 cruises and do not have much of any loyalty points on any cruiseline yet-LOL-I guess it is time we settled down to one line for the most part-which I hope will be Celebrity.

BTW-thank you everyone. We have only taken 3 Celebrity cruises but 2 were 12 day and we were able to upgrade to a skysuite from a balcony this last cruise as the prices dropped tremendously. So now we have 6 points.

We do a short cruise on the Connie this coming Jan. and we are in CC-so two more points! I am hoping we can do another short Connie in Jan 2014 when they will finally have aqua rooms and our final 2 points. That way we would be Elite by summer 2014 when we hope to do a Baltic.

We have done 20 cruises and do not have much of any loyalty points on any cruiseline yet-LOL-I guess it is time we settled down to one line for the most part-which I hope will be Celebrity.

Meg, when you are Elite, both you AND your husband (if he's Elite as well) will receive laundry coupons that, altogether, will entitle you to:

2 free bags of laundry (washed and folded--but sometimes mine arrives back on hangers)

2 free dry-cleaned items (a suit counts as one item)

4 free pressed items

2 further bags of laundry discounted to $20 each.

By using both my husband's and my coupons for free laundry, I can take care of pretty much everything we need laundered, pressed and dry-cleaned. I have never needed to use the $20 coupons.

We always dry-clean my DH's suit on board now...I give it to the cabin steward the first afternoon we get on board, and we always have it back the next day, which is often the first formal night. Relieves us of the problem of worrying about packing wrinkles. :)

Happy Cruising!

Meg, when you are Elite, both you AND your husband (if he's Elite as well) will receive laundry coupons that, altogether, will entitle you to:

2 free bags of laundry (washed and folded--but sometimes mine arrives back on hangers)

2 free dry-cleaned items (a suit counts as one item)

4 free pressed items

2 further bags of laundry discounted to $20 each.

By using both my husband's and my coupons for free laundry, I can take care of pretty much everything we need laundered, pressed and dry-cleaned. I have never needed to use the $20 coupons.

We always dry-clean my DH's suit on board now...I give it to the cabin steward the first afternoon we get on board, and we always have it back the next day, which is often the first formal night. Relieves us of the problem of worrying about packing wrinkles. :)

Happy Cruising!

Yes, we have cruised together. Heck he will like the select perk of getting shirts pressed and the wine seminar. it will be nice the laundry deal then next time we take a longer cruise. for a 12 day that is a nice perk.

We are finally Elite.

I am so looking forward to NOT packing 15 shirts and 15 tee shirts for our upcoming 14 day cruise for my husband!

It's a great perk.

We just came back from 25 days in Europe. We had a week before the cruise, and when I arrived on the ship (12-night cruise), I sent out a bag of laundry, used all the pressing and dry-cleaning coupons, then a few days before we left the ship, sent out the second back of laundry, and we were good-to-go for the rest of the trip.

I have a lot of clothes that I can just rinse out in the sink and they hang to dry overnight and are wrinkle free, so that cuts down on our laundry needs too. Gotta love miracle matte jersey. :)

This trip we took 1- 25" suitcase each. I had a small tote back and DH had a small back-pack for the airplane, and that was it. Made for easy European land trips, as we used the train several times, and often you are hauling your luggage up and down stairs. If I can't carry it, I can't take it. :p

One bag per CCmember so couple gets to bags free.

One bag per CCmember so couple gets to bags free.

Yes, I ought to have made that clear. I checked our receipts for the 12 nights and our two bags of laundry were charged $20 each time. We made our money back on that one. I rolled everything into such tiny little packages that I swear I must have fit 20 pounds of clothes into that little paper bag. My mama's girdle never compressed as well as I did that laundry. :D

If you go on a 14 day cruise in Con class or higher do you get 3 or 4 points?

1 point for taking cruise. 1 point for 12 days or longer1. 1 point for Concierge or higher.That would be 3 points. Three is the maximum.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the Celebrity website looking at the benefits. I saw this statement.

Equivalent recognition between program membership levels works as follows: Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Select level is equivalent to Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Platinum and Emerald levels and Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage Explorer level. Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Elite level is equivalent to Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels and Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage Discoverer level.

I'm Diamond on RCL. I only have just over 100 days. With Celebrity I have 19 points. By Feb I will have 24 points. In the old days with RCL you became Diamond Plus with 24 days. Will I now have Diamond Plus level with RCL? Or do we have to wait until Celebrity adds another level? Thanks, Richard

bigbenboys -- can you point us to the page that you are quoting? Haven't seen that before. On the FAQ it says:

Does Celebrity's Captain's Club program offer reciprocity with Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor program and Azamara's Le Club Voyage program?

Yes. Captain's Club Classic members receive Le Club Voyage Adventurer benefits. Captain's Club Select members receive Crown & Anchor Platinum and Le Club Voyage Explorer benefits. Captain's Club Elite members receive Crown & Anchor Diamond and Le Club Voyage Discoverer benefits. The same holds true for Crown & Anchor members and Le Club Voyage members when sailing on Celebrity.

No mention of Diamond Plus or Pinnacle on that page, so would like to know where you found your quote -- for future reference!

Momofmeg I am with you I can never figure it out we have 3 7days and 1 11 day and are going on a12 day in 11days. I have no idea what we are , I will be curious to see.

Really very easy to figure: 1 point for just taking a cruise. You will have 5 points for that

An additional point for 12 days or longer: You will have 1 additional point.

1 extra point for a Concierge cabin or higher. Don't knoe from your information if you've had one of these categories. If not, you currently have 4 points. After your next cruise (12 days) you will have 6 points.

You will see your up to date total if you go to "My Celebrity" on the Celebrity site.

bigbenboys -- can you point us to the page that you are quoting? Haven't seen that before. On the FAQ it says:

Does Celebrity's Captain's Club program offer reciprocity with Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor program and Azamara's Le Club Voyage program?

Yes. Captain's Club Classic members receive Le Club Voyage Adventurer benefits. Captain's Club Select members receive Crown & Anchor Platinum and Le Club Voyage Explorer benefits. Captain's Club Elite members receive Crown & Anchor Diamond and Le Club Voyage Discoverer benefits. The same holds true for Crown & Anchor members and Le Club Voyage members when sailing on Celebrity.

No mention of Diamond Plus or Pinnacle on that page, so would like to know where you found your quote -- for future reference!

Here is the full quote. If you go to Celebrity Home page, Captian's Club, membership benefits, then down near them bottom is Captain's Club Terms and Conditions. In this section it has this statement.

Reciprocity Between Brands

Equivalent recognition is one of the benefits of being a Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor Society and/or Le Club Voyage loyalty member. It offers loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits with matching tier status - both pre-cruise and onboard - when sailing with one of the three brands. Members of one loyalty program must enroll in a sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits. Cruise credits earned on one brand are not combinable with cruise credits earned on another brand. Cruise credits earned on one brand remain according to actual cruises taken with that brand and are calculated using that brand's program level accrual system. The benefits of the Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor Society and Le Club Voyage loyalty programs remain independent and cannot be combined.

Equivalent recognition between program membership levels works as follows: Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Select level is equivalent to Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Platinum and Emerald levels and Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage Explorer level. Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Elite level is equivalent to Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels and Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage Discoverer level.

Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club Classic level is not part of the equivalent recognition benefit.

How do you take the meanings of between and equivalent. Thanks, Richard

Really very easy to figure: 1 point for just taking a cruise. You will have 5 points for that

An additional point for 12 days or longer: You will have 1 additional point.

1 extra point for a Concierge cabin or higher. Don't knoe from your information if you've had one of these categories. If not, you currently have 4 points. After your next cruise (12 days) you will have 6 points.

You will see your up to date total if you go to "My Celebrity" on the Celebrity site.

The only proviso on Orators comments is the dates of your cruises. Cruises in premium cabins and of more than 7 days do not get the extra point before the program was instituted...Not sure of the date but its was about 3 or 4 years ago.

The other way to easily figure it out is go to MY Celebrity where they will show you your status and also provide you with a sailing history.

Archived