August 30 Cruise

hondorner

Good morning! We're in Chattanooga, at the KOA South in Ringgold. Today, we're doing a little driving tour with freinds. They leave tomorrow, so we'll tour around some more Saturday, then check into the Sheraton Read House on Sunday afternoon. We board American Queen on Monday.

Weather is good but hot, much hotter than Florida! We saw temperatures over 100 on the drive through Georgia yesterday. Unfortunately, the roof air conditioner on my RV took this moment to melt a capacitor, but as hot as it is during the day, it's comfortably cool at night. We'll survive. The good thing is we were originally going to pay to park the RV at the long term parking at the Chattanooga airport; now the Camping World service department will keep it for us until we return.

We're super impressed with the arrangements that American Queen is making due to the low river water. We don't have to worry about departing or catching a flight, because we're stayingh aboard for the August 30 voyage to Louisvilloe. The lagniappe trip up the Cumberland River leaves jusr 4-1/2 days in Memphis, and it looks like AQ has laid on a full complement of tours. I have full confidence that everything will work out great!

We visited Chickamauga Battlefield yesterday, preparing for our Civil War themed voyage. Today we rode the Tennessee Valley Railroad over Missionary Ridge - steam locomotive today, steamboat Monday! Took a scenic drive on Lookout Mountain. Weather still great.

Sunday --- a little downtown touring (Chattanooga Choo Choo was not what I pictured), checked into the cruise hotel -- Sheraton Read House -- nice room. Includes breakfast tomorrow, then check in for the cruise at 1:30 here in the hotel. American Queen will transport our luggage to the boat and a steamcoach will take us to the boat. Sailing at 4 PM.

Dropped our RV off at Camping World for the repair work, took a taxi back to the hotel. Taxi Driver said one of the hotel rooms is supposed to be haunted!

Wednesday -- in Decatur, Alabama, departing in just a few minutes.

Cruise has been better than perfect so far! Boarded Monday after a comfortable night at the Sheraton Read House and a good breakfast, transported to the river by Steamcoach. Between Check-0in at the hotel around 10:00 AM and the bus at 1:30 PM, we enjoyed a quick visit to the Delta Queen, serving as a hotel on the North Shore of Chattanooga., via free electric bus shuttle provided by city. We walked back to the hotel to help shed a few ounces.

Our cabin (455, on the Observation Deck directly above the paddlewheel) was readywhen we arrived, with our luggage already in it. Sailing was supposed to be at 4 PM but was delayed until 5 PM. Dinner was at 5:15, so we dressed before sailing and hurried out to hear the Caliope duel between American Queen and Delta Queen.

Sail=-away is just minuted away in Decatur, so I'll add more this evening. Internet is spotty in our cabin at the stern but strong here in the lobby by the purser.

Finally! I've created a few minutes to catch up to date.

But first, a Mea Culpa -- I started writing this a few days before the cruise, and titled it "August 30" -- I don't know where my head was! Of course, it's the August 20 cruise. Betsy (my DW) says she worries about me...

In my defense, we're also scheduled on the August 30 cruise to Louisville, and I did book that one first. So, that's what was on my mind. Or, at least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

So, here on the August 20 cruise from Chattanooga, it's already Thursday evening, and I haven't posted anything since Monday afternoon. Why? There's no time to get bored on an American Queen cruise. Tou can choose to sit in a rocker and read, or just watch the river, if that's your intention, but if you take advantage of the lecturers, Riverlorian, various chats, entertainment, piano music in the central lounge, Dixieland band concerts in the late afternoon, calliope concerts when leaving ports, port tours and all the opportunities for meals, you'll find yourself almost running to keep up!

Monday evening, after a great dinner, we were entertained by the resident cast of singers, two fellows and two girls, with a medley of river songs. They were really good -- as good as I have seen on any ship or boat. We spent some time getting familiar with the boat, then, knowing we had a big day the next day, we got to bed early.

Tuesday was a "steamboating" day, no ports. After breakfast, We attended out first lecture. We have two distinguished Civil War historians on board, Will Greene and "Bud" Robertson. Will talks about the military strategies and battles, and Bud talks about the human element, outlining how the soldiers lived -- and died.

With only a 15 minute break, we had a talk with Lt. Colonel Jame DeLapp, Commander of the Nashville District of the Army Corps of Engineers, who discussed their responsibilities of navigation so boats like ours can enjoy the waterways. Sdly, he also had to discuss the failing infrastructure caused by budget cuts, and left us wondering what the future of river commerce might be.

After lunch, we had the second lecture on Civil War history, followed by a River Chat with the Riverlorian -- an expert in just about anything connected with American rivers. The Captain's "Welcome Aboard" Reception was next, followed by another outstanding dinner.

That evening, the entertainment was Songs of the Civil War by Bobby Horton, who has provided music for almost all of the films shown by the National Park Service and many of the PBS historical programs by Ken Burns. Playing guitar, banjo, mandolin, violin, harmonica and more, he's a first rate entertainer.

There was dancing and later night entertainment, but as old fogies, we hit the sack again.

Wednesday found us in our first port, Decatur, Alabama. Before we got off the boat, we attended a pilot house tour with the Riverlorian, then watched the National Park Service movie about the Shiloh Battleground, which we will be visiting on Friday (music by Bobby Horton, of course).

We took the included "Hop On, Hop Off" tour on the Steamcoaches (buses that look like the steamboat), then a walking tour of historic houses in Decatur. A beautiful, extremely well-kept town, it almost made us want to move to northern Alabama, except that it gets too cold for us Floridians.

Back on board, I had a couple of moments to post the message previous to this one, then went to watch us sail away form Decatur, with the boat's band, the Steamboat Syncopators, playing Dixieland Jazz on the top deck, and a calliope concert as we sailed away. Then, we had to rush to make dinner (we're at early seating at 5:15, table for two alongside a window).

Also on the voyage are General Ulysses S Grant and General Robert E. Lee and his wife. Actually Civil War re-enactors, they circulate around the boat, hold chats, and meet with everyone, in full uniform and period dress, always in character.

After dinner, the entertainment was Lewis Hankins as Mark Twain, perfectly in character and riveting, absolutely convincing in every mannerism. Then, more dance music and late-night entertainment in the Engine Room Bar, which we again skipped.

There was a Premium afternoon tour, at a modest extra cost, to the Huntsville, AL space center, but we chose not to do that.

Today, Tursday, we were in Florence, AL, another pristine northern Alabama town, home of the University of Northern Alabama, birthplace of Helen Keller and W.C. Handy, father of the Blues, and the location of the only Frank Lloyd Wright house in Alabama, all of which we visited, along with a historical Tavern loaded with antiques. We got back just in time to grab a late lunch on the Front Porch of the boat, then attend another River Chat with the Riverlorian, "Anatomy of the River".

Another Dixieland Jazz sendoff, another calliope concert, then quickly down to the JM White dining room for dinner, stopping for a few minutes for the piano music in the main lounge, then Bobby Horton again as the entertainment, this time with "Songs and Stories of Faith: 1861-1865" He sang such emotional songs he got caught up in them and started to visbly choke up. He's so good, we did something we have rarely done with any entertainer aboard vessels, and bought a couple of his CD's.

Then, I finally made some time to write this.

Tomorrow, Savannah, TN and Shiloh Battlefield, with the historians on the buses as tour guides, but first another River Chat and a hisory lecture.

A couple of random observations: The weather has been absolutely perfect. Going though locks, including a 100' drop last night at 10 PM, and going under low bridges, is great fun. The staff has been exceptional. The biggest glitch, if you want to call it that, is that the room stewardess left a cleaning cloth on our dresser. The temperature in the theater got a little too cold, but it was moderated today. The bed is comfortable, the antique furniture is a treat, the water is strong and hot, everything works -- what more could you want?

The food has been fabulous. I may do a special post just about the food! Our waiters, Ricky and Kirk, are a perfect pair -- Ricky is all business and efficiency but with a smile always lurking no matter how hard he tries to be dignified, and Kirk, his assisant, is always bubbling over. They complement each other perfectly.

Ricky and Kirk...

184223.jpg183409.jpg

The boat's cast...

185516.jpg

Phil at the piano...

193528.jpg

Ricky is a top notch waiter, and so was his father Allen. I well remember Allen, whom was a tall and quiet chap. He had to duck while carrying trays groaning with plates full of steamboat food each time he went through the kitchen doors on the DELTA QUEEN.

By now, nearly everyone has heard that low water on the Mississippi is keeping American Queen no further south than Memphis. Our first cruise was supposed to stop in Memphis on Aug 28, then end in Vicksburg on the 30th and our second leg was to commence in Vicksburg later the same day, then stop in Helena, AR on the way back to Memphis on Sept 2.

Instead, AQ added a port in Dover, TN on the Cumberland River, with a tour to Civil War site Fort Donelson (this is a Civil War-themed cruise). We will now arrive in Memphis on the 29th. For folks disembarking, arrangements have been made for a bus to Vicksburg on the 29th and a hotel stay to the original disembarkation date.

For those few, like us, who are staying aboard for the next cruise, they have offered to bus us to Vicksburg, tour the battlefield, put us up at the hotel overnight, then bus us back to Memphis on the 30th with the folks who are embarking. They will also be offering tours in Memphis on the 29th and 31st, and will apparently depart from Memphis on the 31st or the 1st of September. My guess is they will add an additional port or two to that cruise to make up the extra days.

All the tours, premium tours, hotel stays and such will be complimentary. By the way, all the civil war tours on our current cruise, to Shiloh and Fort Donelson, for example, have also been included.

I have been certain that AQ would take the best care of us even though this is an Act of God, and they have come through with flying colors! This cruise has been extraordinary, the arrangements are better than anyone could expect, the crew and the food are fabulous, and no one should show the slightest hesitation in booking a cruise with them if even slightly tempted to try an American river cruise.

My only complaint is that they offer so much, and schedule so much to do, one sometimes has to choose between the lectures and activities on the one hand, and just watching the river on the other!

Well, the adventure continues. The bus trip to Vicksburg has been cancelled. American Queen is going to do its best to entertain us in Memphis. Why? A little disturbance known as Hurricane Isaac -- bearing down directly on New Orleans as I write this, and likely headed up the Mississippi River. At present they're still going to be busing folks to Jackson, MS to fly home, but no battlefield tour. Too risky.

They're encouraging folks who can, to change their travel plans and fly out of Memphis instead of New Orleans. There will be no train to New Orleans. The boat will be in Memphis until August 31, and passengers can stay aboard as AQ's guests until sailing. They have also offered a phenomenal deal for those who have a flexible schedule -- stay aboard to Louisville on 9/7 for a very low price! Of course, we'[re already booked to go on to Louisville, so our plans won't change.

I had been informed that we would not be leaving Memphis until the 1st of Sept, but they announced today that we will be sailing 8/31, and adding a couple of ports.

This will be a voyage to remember! We're very happy with the way that American Queen Steamship Company is handling the situation.

Today we're in Memphis; arrived late last night. Weather continues to be beautiful, as ity has been all through the voyage. We took the Hop-on Hop-off b us this norning, then a tour this afternoon that included the Mississippi River Museum, Confederate Park and more. Tonight, there's a BBQ and party on the pool deckand River Grill deck atop the boat.

Tomorrow will be the official end of the first voyage, with a new cast of passengers embarking for the voyage up river to Louisville. That one will sail Sep 31, with at least two new stops -- New Madrid, and Paducah, as well as the scheduled stop in Henderson, KY, the home of James Audobon. We're excited about the Paducah stop, as we had a shortened stop there while coming down from Chattanooga, and didn't get to see everything we wanted to se.

It's hard to imagine how they can improve on the voyage we're completing. There was a question on our comment card about whether we would prefer open dining (current practice is assigned table at fixed seating, early or late). We indicated that we would much prefer open dining, as that is what we are used to on Oceania and Regent. ?That would be an improvement for us if it happens.

The answer to every request we have made while on board has been, "Of course!" I don't think they have the word "no" in their vocabulary.

Earlier, I said I'd try to do a post about food. I wish I had taken notes; this will be from memory over the last 10 days.

Dining is in the J.M. White Dining Room, the River Grill or the Front Porch. The J.M. white DR, the main dining venue, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Front Porch has a less varied, but quicker, breakfast and lunch available. The River Grill is usualy only opened for dinner.

In the main dining room, breakfast and lunch are either by buffet or menu. At breakfast, the buffet varies slightly -- for example, there are always scrambled eggs (from real eggs, and the best I've had on a vessel) but also some variation of "stuffed" scrambled eggs -- cheese and ham, suasage and bacon, etc. Roasted potatoes, bacon, sausage patties or links, toast or english muffins, often small pancakes with strawberries or blueberries, and always cook-to-order waffles, Fruit, cottage cheese, sweet rolls and danish, and more, often eggs benedict.

On the main breakast menu, there is a classic brakfast, eggs and such, with Brown sugar Bacon. Get this at least once, or just order the Brown Sugar Bacon with your buffet breakfast. It comes perfectly prepared, on skewers to keep it long and straight, coated with a brown sugar rub, and is "to die for". Also, Regina's Andoullie sausage hash is great at least once! I didn't try the other couple of menu opfferings. They don't change, and are available every morning.

The Front Porch breakfast is scrabled eggs, bacon and sausage, rolls, etc, essentially a junior version of the buffet in the main dining room.

Lunch in the main dining room is again from a menu or fromnm a buffet. Both vary somewhat each day, and both also hav e standard offereings. Lunch can be as light as you like, or your main meal if that's what your prefer.

Hotdogs are availabe at the Fron Porch 24 hours a day, sometimes with finger sandwiches. The popcorn machine is always full 244 hours a day, and the coffee machines, soda dispenser, juice dispenser (lemonade and other juices) and the soft ice cream mach9ine are also always available. Tip -- bring a large, insulated drink container, as the available paper cups are smallish. i used mine (holds 28 ounces) for Diet Coke and Betsy used hers for coffee (holds two cups).

I don't drink coffee, but noted there were two sources. There were urns with regular and decaf, and one of the auomatic machines that brews a variety -- Americano, Cappucino, latte, mocha and more, even hot chocolate. This is the type of machine with coffee bean containers on top and custom grinds each brew. Betsy siad it was very good. They have syrups to add French Vanilla, Hazelnut and chocolate flavors, and half&half was always available. Sodas are Coke products, from a fountain machine. Ice Cream is Vanilla, chocolate and swirl. Homemade cookies and small packages of chips or Doritos are always available.

In the evening, the river Grill offers a selection of meats, potatoes, salads, rolls annd such. We nited Andoullie sausage (almost always available), pork chops, meatloaf, roast beef, sliced brisket (always tender, the best I've had) and other choices, and on the last night, a BBQ and entertainment party with ribeye steaks custom grilled, giant BBQ turkey legs and fabulous pork ribs. The only thing wrong with the River Grill is they are currently using plastic plates and plastic cutlery, because they don't have dishwashing facilities there (they do wash glassware from the bar), and they are concerned about breakage, since it's on an outside deck. They are working on this, and may go to a very nice, heavy duty melamine shortly.

When the weather is as nice as we have had the last 10 days, there is nothing better than sitting on that top, aft deck, watching the river and the sunset, while enjoying dinner.

Still, we preferred the main dining room for dinner, because we like being served elegantly. The boat has had fixed dining (same table, same seating) until now, but we understand the next voyage (which we will be on) will experiment with open seating. I hope this works out, as I prefer to spontaneously choose my dining times and table mates, but the kitchen is necessarily small and cooking to order will most likely consume a longer time.

The menu at dinner consists of two appetizers, a soup, a salad and four entrees. Entrees always consist of one meat (beef, pork or lamb), poultry (usually some variety of chicken), a seafood (salmon, catfish, grouper, shrimp, scallops, etc), and a vegetarian offering. Only one of our meals was less than oustanding -- we ordered prime rib, medium, and it came out more towards well-done and was consequently a little tough. It was not so bad that we returned it. We had medium rare roast beef at the River Grill, and it was great.

A couple of items stand out -- anything done with brisket is super. The scallops were large, perfectly seasoned and slightly carmelized on top, and served with a risotto that was cramy and al dente -- a great meal. I already mentioned the BBQ pork ribs at the River Grill.

I'm sure I forgot several things; I'll no doubt have more observations from the next leg of the voyage. If there are any specific questions, I'll get answers.

Don

Is it set dining where you have the same dinner companions each night or can you sit anywhere but at the same time???

On our recent European river cruise dinner was at 7pm each night but you could sit anywhere with whom ever

A good way to meet your fellow ship mates

Thanks

Lyn

Thank you for the information about food and dining. Most of it sounds very good.

I'd definitely prefer to choose my dinner table mates, too, and the time to eat if they can do that, if not, at least I don't want to have assigned table mates.

One very big letdown for me would be the River Grill plastic plates and cutlery, and especially the cutlery. I suppose a very high quality, ample-sized melamine might be alright for plates (i.e. nothing disposable), but the plastic cutlery sounds awful to use and also wasteful. They really need to change to standard metal cutlery. If they don't have the ability to wash it nearby, then they can cart it off somewhere else to do it.

Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

Until now, it has been fixed seating and table mates at fixed times, 5:15 and 7:45. This week, they're experimenting with open dining like Oceania. Last night, the first night, everyine showed up at the same time, and it was a disaster. That will even out as the week goes on/ There was also an overload last night, as there were passengers staying the extra day offered due to the storms plus new passengers plus some Memphis folks invited aboard.

It will work out, as the Hotel Manager, David Kelly, came from Oceania, the VP of Sales and Marketing, Tim Rubacky, came from Oceania, and the President, Christopher Kyte, who I met a couple of nights ago in Memphis, stated his favorite ocean cruise line is Oceania.

As I said previously, there has been a reason for the plastic cutlery at the River Grill, but it is being worked out. With unbreakable plates and dishwashing facilities, standard cutlery will be re-introduced. One has to remember that the River Grill was never more than a bar from 1995 until re-luanching in April of this year. I think it's the only a;lternative dining anywhere on a vessel of this size and type.

We had dinner with the Captain a few nights ago, and he stressed that American Queen is first and foremost a maritime operation learning to be a hotel. That's a very good strategy when navigating among so many rivers with so much river traffic, under constantly changing conditions, the safety oif the passengers comes first. But, they are learning the "hotel" side of it very quickly; the last voyage was very much up to the standards of Oceania, and with beer and wine included at dinner, and all the free stuff at the Front Porch (the other, more casual dining alternative), and the included tours, they are nearing the standard of Regent.

Next -- I'll report a little about the boart itself, what it's like aboard, and as much as I have been able to learni about the cabins. Again, I'd like to hear all questions.

Thanks for the update

Nice to that David joined the company ..he is very good things will be ship shape in no time ;)

Say HI to Tim for us unless he is reading along ;)

Have a good trip & hope the weather is kind

Lyn

Thanks so much for the update! How are the desserts onboard? Has the entertainment been generally good?

There are usually two "main" desserts at every meal, such as bread pudding, chocolate mousse cake, blueberry pie, cherry cobbler, apple tarts, etc. They're excellent as far as I have tried them -- I've started to avoid them, because I came on board at 170 lbs and am now 230 (only a slight exaggeration ;)). They also always have ice cream, and if you have a special request, they'll try their best to accommodate it. For example, they've been offering strawberry sorbet every night for the past 11. Now, I love sorbet, but strawberry is not my favorite flavor. So, last night, the waitress found some raspberry sorbet just for me! On the first leg, from Chattanooga, one gentleman kept requesting coffee ice cream. So, at one of the ports, someone went ashore and bought a gallon of coffee ice cream as a surprise for him. But, the waitress told him he had to eat it all! :D

The entertainment has been phenomenal -- at least as good as any I've seen on any ship or boat. They have two groups of singers that rotate between voyages; they are all talented. The "Steamboat Syncopaters" are the boat's 6-piece "orchestra" (piano, trumpet, combination sax-clarinet-flute, combination electric bass-bass fiddle, percussion and combination guitarist-banjo); they also are two groups that rotate between voyages. Last voyage we had Bobby Horton, a civil war musician and musical scholar who has provided most of the music for the Ken Burns historical series on PBS and most of the National Park movies. We also had the 97th Regiment String Band, who have continued on to this voyage, consisting of bass fiddle, guitar and mandolin/banjo, who perform civil war songs, nautical songs, songs of faith, and "snappy patter" (silly jokes). They also put on an outdoor concert on the Fron Porch one afternoon.

There is also a lounge pianist/vocalist several times a day, dance music by the band, and entertainers (currently Jay & Bob) in the engine Room Bar for late night entertainment.

There is music nearly everywhere on board most of the day. As I write this, sitting on the Front Porch, the mandolin player from the 97th Regiment String Band is sitting nearby on a rocking chair, noodling on his mandolin.

Thanks for the update

Nice to that David joined the company ..he is very good things will be ship shape in no time ;)

Say HI to Tim for us unless he is reading along ;)

Have a good trip & hope the weather is kind

Lyn

Hi Lyn,

I am indeed reading along! It is great to still be working with David after all these years and he has been a true gift from the gods in helping us define and refine the product and service on the Queen.

And I had the distinct pleasure of lunching with Don and Betsy during their stay here in Memphis - it was truly a treat! And they regaled me with tales of the Riviera and caught me up on all of my O-family happenings.

I hope all is well with you and that you've got some exciting travels lined up?

Tim

PS - Hi to Jim & Stan as well!

Hi Lyn,

I am indeed reading along! It is great to still be working with David after all these years and he has been a true gift from the gods in helping us define and refine the product and service on the Queen.

And I had the distinct pleasure of lunching with Don and Betsy during their stay here in Memphis - it was truly a treat! And they regaled me with tales of the Riviera and caught me up on all of my O-family happenings.

I hope all is well with you and that you've got some exciting travels lined up?

Tim

PS - Hi to Jim & Stan as well!

I knew you would be reading along;)

Hoping to sail on the Queen in the New Year

Nothing firmed up as yet

Hope we can meet someday

All the best

Lyn & Mike

The melamine dinnerware showed up; it's in use at the Front Porch, and I assume the River Grill as well -- it's been a bit windy and we haven't been up there in a few days (remnants of Isaac). The dinnerware is very heavy duty and looks just like white china, I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Every time we turn around, we see the onwer, John Waggoner (I think that's how it's spelled) all over the boar with his clipboard. I'm sure he sees things that look fine to us, but is always looking for imporvement. He's obviously a very hands-on owner!

The Lincoln historians are great. The theater is filled every time they speak. Tonight, George Buss will be portraying Lincoln -- we can't wait; we've met him, and he looks exactly like him evenb before he gets garbed.

We've booked another voyage for 2013 -- Cincinnati to Pittsburgh on August 4. We'll be in the area for a high school reunion (no longer saying how many :rolleyes:), and my birthday falls on the voyage, so it seemed like a good idea. On our bucket list is St. Paul to St. Louis in the Fall Foliage season, and New Orleans tto New Orleans at Christmas time, some time in the next few years. We probably have more than 200 days aboard various ocean cruises, and we aren't going to give them up, but this is our new favorite.

The melamine dinnerware showed up; it's in use at the Front Porch, and I assume the River Grill as well -- it's been a bit windy and we haven't been up there in a few days (remnants of Isaac). The dinnerware is very heavy duty and looks just like white china, I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

That sounds good. They got around to it very quickly after the issue was brought up. That's a good sign.

(Sigh) It's all over. We docked in Louisville late last night and disembarked this morning. Because we had booked back-to-back voyages, we enjoyed a pre-cruise hotel in Chattanooga (Sheraton Read House) and have a post-cruise hotel stay in Louisville (Seelbach Hilton), included with the cruises. I'm writing from the hotel, now. A bus transfer to the hotel was included, but we opted for a city tour that included a long stop at Churchill Downs. It was a reasonable option at $59 per person. Folks who had a flight later than 2 PM were offered the same option, and we dropped them off at the airport before we were taken to the hotel.

We walked around the city, enjoyed several shops and museums, then headed back to our hotel, stopping on the way at Fourth Street Live, a fun, active restaurant area that is blocked off on some evenings. We had dinner at Gorden Brier Brewery. Tomorrow I take the free hotel shuttle to the airport to pick up our rental car. After coming back to the hotel for the luggage (no sense in toting it on the shuttle), we'll head off to Chattanooga to turn in the rental car and pick up our van.

Noting has changed my opinion. American Queen has more than met our expectations and set a high bar for other cruise lines to match. We'll never give up Oceania Cruise Lines, but we now have two favorites! We officially love river cruises -- at least as long as they're in our own country.

Thank, American Queen!

Thank you for posting your thoughts of your trip on the AQ. It sounds sooo nice I've already informed my husband we really need to go steamboatin' :D

We looked into it years ago, but somehow never booked a trip. :confused:

Re this part:

we enjoyed a quick visit to the Delta Queen, serving as a hotel on the North Shore of Chattanooga., via free electric bus shuttle provided by city.

I'm sure you're already aware of this, but a local businessman is trying to buy and bring the DQ down to our area to use as a hotel (over in New Smyrna Beach). Makes me very sad, but I guess others disagree and it's probably going to happen ;) I'm really glad you got to see her while she's still in Chattanooga.

Hmmm it's a rainy old night here tonight. I'm thinking it's a perfect evening for me to check out and price some AQ sailings!

Archived