Booking while cruising

pingpong1

It is good to have another option. Booking a "fake" cruise has worked for us but we know that our one allowable change will be for the cruise we eventually select. It would be nice to book a cruise we actually want and still have the option for one change.

Unless this has changed, my understanding of booking onboard is that you receive a suite onboard booking credit for $250 that is transferable to another cruise. As far as I know, that is the only way to get this particular transferable credit. As others have said, one can still obtain the discount if you book within 30 days after disembarkation; however, it cannot be transferred at that point. So as was also mentioned, some people book "placeholders" while on the ship and receive the discount, knowing that they can transfer both when an intinerary that they really want becomes available.

Unless this has changed, my understanding of booking onboard is that you receive a suite onboard booking credit for $250 that is transferable to another cruise. As far as I know, that is the only way to get this particular transferable credit. As others have said, one can still obtain the discount if you book within 30 days after disembarkation; however, it cannot be transferred at that point. So as was also mentioned, some people book "placeholders" while on the ship and receive the discount, knowing that they can transfer both when an intinerary that they really want becomes available.

Your post prompted me to go back and check the bookings we made onboard last December. I do not know where you are seeing a "suite" onboard credit for $250 transferable to another cruise. This amount does not appear anywhere in our paperwork. When we cancelled a cruise (booked onboard in December) and transferred to our Mumbai to Bali itinerary, $850 (for two) transferred over along with our double loyalty nights.

Since we have never booked within 30 days after disembarkation, I was not aware of the fact that you cannot transfer onboard benefits to another cruise. This is a very strong reason to book onboard. Thanks for the info.

I am only saying that the special $250 onboard suite booking promotion that we received when we booked using the cruise consultant was transferable once to another itinerary. Within 30 days after disembarkation, if you book a cruise, I think that you may still receive that $250, but that cannot transferred again. There may be other onboard credits that can be transferred.

• 1 month later...
There is something new that was offered on our recent cruise. Instead of actually booking a cruise while on board, we purchased an "Open Voyage Future Deposit Certificate". The charge was $2,000. We have two years to select a cruise to apply it to. The certificates are fully refundable for two years. They are redeemable for up to 2 years towards a future voyage. The certificate says we will have an "Onboard Savings" of between $300 to $8,000 per suite, depending on the sailing and category selected. Once a cruise is selected, no further deposits are required until the applicable final payment date (unless the cruise is 26+ nights, which would require an additional deposit). The certificates can only be purchased on board and are not transferable. Once you apply it to a reservation you can't transfer it. Just thought I'd let everyone know what Regent is now offering on board.

Is that $2000 per person?? Do you also get the 5% discount for OBB?

Thanks

Archived