Shuttle from Ft Lauderdale to Miami?

Has anyone ever used a shuttle service from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami? My son is sailing out of Miami in Sept. and the flight is cheaper flying into Ft. Lauderdale.

Go to the Florida Departures board. You will find all of the information you can soak up.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Has anyone ever used a shuttle service from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami? My son is sailing out of Miami in Sept. and the flight is cheaper flying into Ft. Lauderdale.

I have used www.ridesas.com great service and usually around $15.00pp one way....use them for the return and book a round trip.

I hope this helps,

I always fly southwest into ft lauderdale when I take the magesty from Miami. When I do I take the FREE shuttle to the tri rail station. It's 4 bucks either direction and then free shuttle to port of Miami .

We always use Carlos of CMV Tramsportation

Carlos M. Vargas

CMV Transportation Group

305-527-0843

Just send him an email here (carlos@cmvtransportation.com) with the details and he'll send you back a reply like this:

Hi Mike,

Received your request for November 11 and we will be at the airport waiting at your arrivall; if any changes please let me know. As always call me when your ready with your bags for the pick up; any question just give me a call, thank you.

Best regards

He works with SAS transport sometimes and he's always prompt and very polite. Can't go wrong.

I hope this helps,

I always fly southwest into ft lauderdale when I take the magesty from Miami. When I do I take the FREE shuttle to the tri rail station. It's 4 bucks either direction and then free shuttle to port of Miami .

and how long does all that take to save $10.

Where do you put luggage in the train?

I hope this helps,

Good advice as long as your pre-cruise Miami hotel is close to the station; the TriRail does not drop you at POM -- you still need a cab to the port.

The smart cruise always arrives at least one day early ;) -- don't let a cancelled or delayed flight cause you to miss your cruise. :eek: The easy solution is to stay near FLL (where hotels are cheaper) and then shuttle to POM the next day with SAS, QLS or Go Airport Shuttle.

Good luck! :)

we do this trip all the time to get between Miami and F Lauderdale but we are European and used to trains, this one is excellent and loads of room for luggage.

We have always used the shuttle service located just outside the baggage claim area and found the service to be quick, efficient and reasonably priced and the shuttle will take us to our hotel or to the pier. :)

Well the trip is about fifteen minutes, tons of room for luggage as the earlier poster had stated, and your right it doesn't take you to POM but I always fly in a day earlier and my hotel in Miami has free transport to POM. And the reason I do this is because I'm on vacation, taking the train provides some nice views of the coast and nice quiet ride without traffic to talk and undwind from the flight that sitting in the back of some dudes taxi just can't compare to... But YMMV

-Jimm

Archived