Payment Dilemma. Or is it?

Nutinsider

Hey guys, I booked a cruise on December 1st departing out of port canaveral. Carnival Dream is the ship. It is 7 nights and cost per night is 80 dollars. I have learned that cruise prices (most of them except maybe some during peak demand spots) seem to drop significantly 30-50 days before the cruise departs.

That being said, I paid for my cruise, departing december 1st, in full. Can I expect the rate to get any cheaper than 80/night (this is for an interior cabin, no window)

Should I cancel the booking, should I amend the booking and make payments?

Thanks!

I book a cruise when I find the itinerary I want, at the time of year I can take vacation, at the price I can afford.

It sounds like so many people here book, and then get angry when they don't get a bunch of price drops. I wonder why they book if they aren't willing to pay the price at which they booked? And if the price doesn't drop, then doesn't that mean you bought at the right time? :confused:

You can get price drops with ANY fare up until time for final payment. Just because you paid-in-full (and I also don't understand why people pay earlier than necessary unless you booked a Pack-and-Go rates), doesn't mean you can't get a price drop.

It's just the Early Saver (with all the restrictions) that allows you to get price drops after final payment date.

I almost never book ES just because of the restrictions. I'm comfortable with the price I'm paying or I never would've booked in the first place!

Final payment date is 90 days prior to sailing for 7 days or longer; 75 days for 6 day cruises, 60 days for 2-5 day cruises.

I book a cruise when I find the itinerary I want, at the time of year I can take vacation, at the price I can afford.

It sounds like so many people here book, and then get angry when they don't get a bunch of price drops. I wonder why they book if they aren't willing to pay the price at which they booked? And if the price doesn't drop, then doesn't that mean you bought at the right time? :confused:

You can get price drops with ANY fare up until time for final payment. Just because you paid-in-full (and I also don't understand why people pay earlier than necessary unless you booked a Pack-and-Go rates), doesn't mean you can't get a price drop.

It's just the Early Saver (with all the restrictions) that allows you to get price drops after final payment date.

I almost never book ES just because of the restrictions. I'm comfortable with the price I'm paying or I never would've booked in the first place!

Final payment date is 90 days prior to sailing for 7 days or longer; 75 days for 6 day cruises, 60 days for 2-5 day cruises.

Good advise. do believe final payment date is 75 days for 7 day cruises.

Prices drop based on supply and demand of the particular cruise. I have had prices drop and have had prices go up.

But have you ever noticed no one complains about not getting the higher price when they increase.

I have learned that cruise prices (most of them except maybe some during peak demand spots) seem to drop significantly 30-50 days before the cruise departs.

Believe me, there is no rhyme or reason to price drops. If bookings are soft they may drop. Heck, I would have said the most drops I have seen are about 8 days out, not 30 to 50 days out.. everyone has found drops at different times.. or prices might not drop, but Carnival bookings seem to be very soft to me. Thats why they are trying all kinds of extra things to boost earnings, they are missing their numbers.

OP if prices do drop .. would you be interested in a upgrade to a higher category. If there is a higher category that matches what you paid, there should be no problem moving you to a higher category.. which is always fun too .. to me it feels like free money once Im paid in full.

Good advise. do believe final payment date is 75 days for 7 day cruises.

You are correct. I looked at the Europe & Canal cruises. You would think I would know that, since I just made final payment for Leg 2 of my B2B (the 7-night leg). :o

It's all here in the Ticket Contract. Scroll down to #6.

http://www.carnival.com/legal/ticket-contract.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_84

People constantly start threads bragging about their $20 price drops, but I don't know how many of them are AFTER final payment and, consequently, thanks to ES. If it is before, then it isn't ES that's "saving" them all this money, since anyone can get the drop.

Nutinsider - If you booked Early Saver you can get price drops (in the Early Saver Rate itself as long as it's offered, or for any of the promo rates like PastGuest, yourstateResident, Senior, Military..., that you are eligible for, up to 2 business days before sailing. When you see a price drop you're eligible for, YOU (or your TA) fill out and submit the on-line ES Price Adjustment form.

If you booked other than ES, then you can get price drops up to your Final Payment Deadline date - it doesn't matter that you paid in full at time of booking, the final payment deadline date itself is the cutoff. When you see a price drop you call your Booking Agent for the price adjustment. After the Final Payment Deadline, if your fare drops you cannot get price adjustment but may be able to get an upgrade.

ken

You are correct. I looked at the Europe & Canal cruises. You would think I would know that, since I just made final payment for Leg 2 of my B2B (the 7-night leg). :o

It's all here in the Ticket Contract. Scroll down to #6.

http://www.carnival.com/legal/ticket-contract.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_84

People constantly start threads bragging about their $20 price drops, but I don't know how many of them are AFTER final payment and, consequently, thanks to ES. If it is before, then it isn't ES that's "saving" them all this money, since anyone can get the drop.

Glad someone here reads the contract.icon7.gif

Archived