Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I just ordered my Bar setup and reserved 3 of our 4 restaurants.

Blue cannot be booked online for 2 people so that will have to wait until I board the ship. I have to admit that I was a little bummed about that since I really did not feel like boarding and running to Blue to make a reservation. But at least the other 3 venues are taken care off. So it is a quick jump to Blue and then exploring the ship :)

NCL can you fix this?

That's strange? We're on the same cruise and I have a reservation for 2 @ Blue the last night we're on board. Have you checked every night or just one night that you're interested in? Why don't you call NCL directly and make the reservation that way?

That's strange? We're on the same cruise and I have a reservation for 2 @ Blue the last night we're on board. Have you checked every night or just one night that you're interested in? Why don't you call NCL directly and make the reservation that way?

Called already and I asked her for any day and she said she could only book for 4, just like online...

I have been trying to book show and dining reservations for my June 2nd cruise on and off all day today but the website isn't letting me. Right now I'm on hold with NCL for 20 minutes and they can't seem to book anything either so are looking into it.

Gambee, I know what you mean about the Coke. Both my dh and my mom, both cruising with me in July only drink Diet Coke and there is no way Pepsi will cut it. We don't live far from the port and driving so we will need to bring some 12 packs of Diet Coke. They drink the Diet Coke in the morning like I drink my coffee and a couple during the day.

Does anyone know if we can empty the mini fridges ourselves in our cabins or are there sensors under each item like RCCL, where we need to ask to have our fridge removed. I would much rather do myself while unpacking.

Also, does anyone know if at 45 days out if we can prebook the spa for a massage for a certain date/time? I'll need to be calling NCL to book a few restaurants, one for 10 people, so would also do the spa while on the phone.

My sister/her family and my family will be doing the UBP and my mother was able to put the amount for what it would cost for each cabin as OBC today on each cabin which is SOOOO nice of her. Well, actually, I called and did it as my mom but she did it for us.

Can't wait to see new pictures of the ship! Already have our mani/pedis and massages booked for the day before the cruise and we begin the cruise morning with mimosas at my mother's home. Can't wait!

I did call them :(, the online system is a mess right now and the only way I could book he other 3 was by calling.

I think I am going to try calling during the upcoming weeks and see if I manage to get it done. It is not a deal breaker, but it seems like every time I board a ship I end up rushing to the specialty venues to get my reservations right and I am growing tired of it.

In the other cases I was forced to do that, due they were packages. I was looking forward to not have to do that aboard Breakaway since I am not booking a package.

Thank you for the heads up.

Hi Gambee. I am right with you. It seems every time we cruise, we are running to the spa while another one of is running to the specialty restaurants, etc. It would be WONDERFUL to have everything done prior to boarding.

May I please ask if you received any discount booking three restaurants together? I plan on booking three and someone mentioned on here that there may be a discount, I THINK. Either way, not a deal breaker just wondering if it had to be done on board or not (which I rather call and have it done then wait for the discount).

Thanks.

Hi Gambee. I am right with you. It seems every time we cruise, we are running to the spa while another one of is running to the specialty restaurants, etc. It would be WONDERFUL to have everything done prior to boarding.

May I please ask if you received any discount booking three restaurants together? I plan on booking three and someone mentioned on here that there may be a discount, I THINK. Either way, not a deal breaker just wondering if it had to be done on board or not (which I rather call and have it done then wait for the discount).

Thanks.

Cost is $57 per person for the Signature Dining Trio - Cagney's, LeBistro and the Italian restaurant. Savings of $8 per person. Needs to be booked ahead of time and your credit card will be charged at time of booking.

Yeah the seemingly floating or decapitated Statue of Liberty...and actually I think that's the part that I don't like about the whole hull art - the fact that the Liberty head is just floating out there. Imagine if it were, for example, the top 1/3rd of the statue, with the outstretched arm, that would have fit a bit more. Now the Lady's head is floating like a damn planet out in space, that to me is the part that is odd about the whole thing. Oh well!

IMHO, I believe that the 'floating head' Statue of Liberty is iconic Peter Max, and since I'm sure when NCL commissioned him for the hull design, they wanted to be sure they got their moneys worth and that it would be instantly recognizable as a Peter Max design. Although Max does do some full length Lady Liberty's, I think more people are familiar with the 'head shot'

Thanks.

I read somewhere that if you booked 3 restaurants (the ones they choose) they offered a $10 discount. However I do not see this listing in my ncl as an option to purchase, you might be able to get by calling them directly but I am not sure.

The reason I did do it is because I don't want to do la cucina and that one is one of the choices.

IMHO, I believe that the 'floating head' Statue of Liberty is iconic Peter Max, and since I'm sure when NCL commissioned him for the hull design, they wanted to be sure they got their moneys worth and that it would be instantly recognizable as a Peter Max design. Although Max does do some full length Lady Liberty's, I think more people are familiar with the 'head shot'

I don't think anyone will have any trouble recognizing thats its a Peter Max....they named the ship after him!!

Cost is $57 per person for the Signature Dining Trio - Cagney's, LeBistro and the Italian restaurant. Savings of $8 per person. Needs to be booked ahead of time and your credit card will be charged at time of booking.

Thanks. I don't think those are the restaurants I was going to choose on Breakaway.

Oh well. No savings for me LOL

Thanks.

We always bring a case of DC and just put a luggage tag on it. It gets delivered to the room. The room steward will empty the fridge is you ask him.:)

Thanks. Can I empty the fridge myself if I want?

I read somewhere that if you booked 3 restaurants (the ones they choose) they offered a $10 discount. However I do not see this listing in my ncl as an option to purchase, you might be able to get by calling them directly but I am not sure.

The reason I did do it is because I don't want to do la cucina and that one is one of the choices.

It is a $7 savings. Have to book it ahead of time. Should be offered ahead of time.

Thanks. I don't think those are the restaurants I was going to choose on Breakaway.

Oh well. No savings for me LOL

Thanks.

Thanks. Can I empty the fridge myself if I want?

You can but it is best if you have the cabin steward do it so they can account for everything. You don't want to get charged for anything.

I don't think anyone will have any trouble recognizing thats its a Peter Max....they named the ship after him!!

Now that's funny :D.

Thank you ;)

No need to be snarky. You have the right to not like it and give your opinion, I have the right to like it, and defend it.

I guess you won't be attending any of the Art Auctions, since Park West LOVES Peter Max.

No need to be snarky. You have the right to not like it and give your opinion, I have the right to like it, and defend it.

I guess you won't be attending any of the Art Auctions, since Park West LOVES Peter Max.

Apologies for the sarcasm.

I get NCL are trying to be creative and do something cool on something that is usually plain. I also understand that his oversized signature is part of his "art" and is partly what he is known for. I personally think it makes a very modern and clean lined ship look very tacky and the signature placement is in a stupid place.

But honestly I don't really care as I wont be spending too much time staring at it and if other people love and enjoy seeing it then thats great!

It is a $7 savings. Have to book it ahead of time. Should be offered ahead of time.

You can but it is best if you have the cabin steward do it so they can account for everything. You don't want to get charged for anything.

jdvmd, thank you VERY much! You were also a big help to me when I took my first NCL cruise on Sky last year with my mom and dd.

I am going to book the restaurants, HOPEFULLY, on the phone since I don't feel/want like running around once on board and I will ask the steward to please clear out my fridge since I certainly don't want to be charged. I greatly appreciate your help with NCL :)

Thanks!

Do you think mid-ship balconies on 12th deck may be noisy because of the Kids Splash Academy? Kids also could be running all over the hallways.

Thanks,

I remember someone else asking that before. I guess it is a possibility, we are on deck 12 but all the way at the aft of the ship, so I am hoping it won't be loud back there.

You might want to wait until the cabin reports start pouring in, that should be soon :)

Lol, just read this. Actually what would be phenomenal is if that idea actually caught on and people (especially local New Yorkers) started referring to the Breakaway as the Norwegian Peter Max :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Well that was fun! The site was user friendly and it was sorta fun to plan what we are doing each evening! Now I'm more excited than ever. :)

Since I live in LI and work in NYC I was thinking about how great it would be to be at the shoreline watching her arrive in the NY harbor. Anyone know exactly when she will be docking for the first time in her new home?

I like what Peter Max did on the Breakaway. I like it very much.

Hi Gambee,

First of all thank you for sharing so much wonderful information, as a lurker I really appreaciate it. :D:D

Wanted to let you know that my other half was able to book Ocean Blue for the two of us, he did this by calling NCL. Give that a try before you plan a mad dash on boarding day.

Hope this helps.

Gambee ... I reserved Blue for 2 also. Right on the site with no issues. I had only one time to choose - 9:30, but that was fine with us.... Did you try a few different dates? Maybe the one night you were interested in was sold out??

Archived