Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

No there really isn't any mystery or unknowns on that front at all. With the obvious exception of aft cabins and larger suites, all balconies are the same tiny 32 sq ft size (including balcony staterooms and mini suites) unless one upgrades to a cabin that clearly states "large balcony" (i.e., the B6's or M6's). So just because it is called a mini suite, that means nothing wiht regard to balconies; you would have to have a upgraded mini suite category that states that it has a large balcony. :cool:

I was speaking specifically of the cabin sizes themselves, not the balcony. You are correct, it's the balcony cabins that have the varying indoor cabin sizes, my bad (mini suite I think varies only with the aft -wheelchair accessible- cabins being larger). On some sources, it says that Balcony category cabins vary from 172-204 sf. For cabin only, not including balcony. But (on the EU site) I can't find a single instance of a 204 sf balcony cabin - but there are errors there (listing the aft balcony cabins with a 32 sf balcony, same with the "Large Balcony" B6 cabins). It's probably wheelchair accessible B category cabins, which I can't seem to single out (for example can't find cabin #9922 on any sailing I've checked - I think that one is larger).

Robin

Excuse me, but those of us who spent the extra money for the larger balconies would like to actually be able to use and enjoy them to the fullest extent (i.e. to get our money's worth) them in some way other than sitting two tiny chairs and a laughably small Smurf table. That's just like if someone paid the big bucks for a huge suite, but then found out they only put the same amount of furnishings in it as the do a normal cabin. And in both cases, by all means explain to me what exactly one paid for? Just the added space to "walk around" or stand in? With all due respect, please don't go all extreme and start tossing around the "entitlement" word, no need for that. :cool:

I totally get that you want/should have a lounger. I said I wanted one too on my aft balconies when we cruised Disney but maybe it was just the way the post came across. When you start saying "extra money" "big bucks" that is where I would think entitled.

If NCL says no loungers, it "sounded" like you would not care and do as you please and go get a lounger. If you didn't or don't feel like that only you know.

Whatever it is, enjoy. I guess your question on what exactly you paid for is more towards NCL since they can only really answer that. Enjoy!

Will anyone be posting menus from the 1st cruise to Bermuda, if not sooner?? :) We leave the 19th so I'm hoping to see them before I go! I'm really interested in the dining room menus. Never been on Epic so I'm not sure what Taste/Savor/Manhattan Room will be like. I've read the 1st night is a good night in the dining room for surf and turf but is that in any of the dining rooms??

Thanks!!

Thank you :), agreed 100%. Now regarding the option of bringing stuff (hammock, etc), I'm just on the fence right now as I'm hoping the weather is good. If it is 65 and cloudy/windy/and or rainy then there will be no deck time for us, in which case that would be a waste. So I'm thinking bringing the hammock is not a major packing commitment, so I can get that and if the weather is crappy then its not a big deal.

It may be 32 degrees out but I have booked a balcony and I am going to lounge on it even if it kills me :eek:

Actually, I'm not really a hot weather person. I'm usually happy to sit out on my balcony wrapped in a blanket watching/listening to the water. Hmm, note to self, may need to "acquire" necessary blankets ;)

Deck 7 looks like a great place to relax, just wish they had some lounges there.

BJI7agpCQAI0JhL.jpg:large

You know I have not seen any outside places like this area that have any loungers set up.

It is nice sometimes to be away from the noise and people and go read a book with a drink out of the sun. I wonder if they will get put out once they hit NY or if it will remain that way?

It may be 32 degrees out but I have booked a balcony and I am going to lounge on it even if it kills me :eek:

Yep I hear ya there, that is my attitude to an extent, at least with regards to what we're packing for clothing. I'm going to pack for warm weather only, not bringing any jackets, sweat shirts, or long sleeves. Just a bit worried right now as extended forecasts barely put the temp above 70 in Bermuda for our 5/19 cruise. Our #1 activity while at sea is laying out in the warm sun in bathing suits with a drink, basically our favorite part of cruising. So if we have cooler/cloudier weather we're not going to know what to do all day, other than push our ship drinking tab to record heights :D

I am not sure, hopefully someone starts it at some point, but at this point I don't think ill sailing Getaway anytime soon. I paid a premium for Breakaway and I not sure if I plan on doing the same for getaway. It seems to me that it is much easier to get really involved in these threads if you see yourself in the cruise at some point in time.

Agreed. I couldn't see me doing a repeat 'Everything' thread for Regal Princess next January. I don't think some people truly realize how much work and dedication it takes to personally keep this type of thread going for five months.

Hello,

Am incredibly excited for Breakaway. Wonder if you saw or heard how the cabins on Deck 5 or with noise? My mom is interested in booking a Ocean View for the summer but I notice there are all on Deck 5 with the very busy Deck 6 above? Many thanks.

I'm in an Oceanview on deck 5, and there is no noise at all. I'm somewhere under the Atrium area I think.

The cabins are small, but very nice. I'm on my own though, so don't need much space.

Does anyone know if people can smoke on the waterfront??

Yes. It's becoming the main use for the waterfront this week, as its quite cold out there.

It is a great place to walk round though. You just have to nip through the ship between the two ends.

Apparently there are 2,852 passengers on the Transatlantic, so it's less than three quarters full.

Considering the outside areas are not as full as they will be in better weather, the ship feels pleasantly uncrowded.

I'm logging off now to save my Internet, but may check back in later in the week. If anyone posts any questions I'll see what I can do. No promises though. :)

Yes. It's becoming the main use for the waterfront this week, as its quite cold out there.

It is a great place to walk round though. You just have to nip through the ship between the two ends.

Thanks. That's good to hear

Down here soda is weird and pop is a sound. Everything is Coke :) I want a coke! what flavor? Dr. Pepper.

I actually had a friend in law school who's first job out of school was driving around issuing cease and desist orders from Coca Cola to any restaurant that would ask which flavor if he asked for a coke. He gained a lot of weight hat year.

Being from the south also, this cracked me up!!! :D

I just posted some new albums of the Haven, Pool Deck, Deck 6, 7 and eight in my gallery! Enjoy them here:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

Andreas

Thank you Andreas

You have been amazing. You are an ace photographer and we all love your work here. Thanks again for thinking of us and taking the time to post your photos.

Archived