Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I like the lines of the ship better, including the more tapered aft and the less pronounced suite "hat" on her. I'm still fond of the Epic as my first "mega ship", but hull art aside (still don't like it) the Breakaway is a better looking ship IMO.

I seem to remember seeing those feet a lot from the Maiden voyages of the Epic.:)

I remember sailing on the Dawn when she was brand new. We were given a little flyer when we boarded' date=' sort of a map of the ship. I wonder if they will have this for the Breakaway? I hope so, or there will be a lot of lost passengers roaming around.[/quote']

Pretty sure I will be roaming around aimlessly, map or not...... I do it on every cruise ship for the first day or so. I just enjoy seeing them.

The prices depend on the sailing. Anyway, the aft-facing balconies tend to be larger than the regular balcony cabins. I think that may be what the OP is refering to.

Thank you for your help! I am in cabin 14846 which I believe is below the Garden Cafe, so I was thinking maybe I should move, but was wondering what deck. But, I guess the deck really does not matter in my bc category(regular balcony).

Hmmm.....I just upgraded to a spa balcony, that salt room, WOW!!:eek::D:p

I'm thinking it's a "hump balcony". But to make sure what's is a hump balcony? Is having one a good thing? I'm in room 14150. Could someone point the room out on one of those lovely pictures.;):D it's on the port side.

Thanks,

Krystal:D

Hmmm.....I just upgraded to a spa balcony, that salt room, WOW!!:eek::D:p

I'm thinking it's a "hump balcony". But to make sure what's is a hump balcony? Is having one a good thing? I'm in room 14150. Could someone point the room out on one of those lovely pictures. it's on the port side.

Thanks,

Krystal:D

You have one of those odd (not a bad thing) shaped balconies, it is the one where the hump starts. Your balcony is larger than the rooms next to you, here have a look. Plus you also have that forward facing view, it should be a nice balcony.

K5S_1488_zps1dde27a6.png

K5S_1498_zps7da7846e.png

Aah Gambee I was oping you were still up to help me!:p

Now what's that above me??

Hmmm my cvs told me it's towards the middle and not forward.

I'm too excited. Was hoping for a bigger balcony. Thought about getting the large balcony but they were only available on the 8th floor, directly above the auditorium!:eek::eek:

Thank you for your help! I am in cabin 14846 which I believe is below the Garden Cafe, so I was thinking maybe I should move, but was wondering what deck. But, I guess the deck really does not matter in my bc category(regular balcony).

IMHO you should stay where you are; on the hump and in a convenient location.

How many suites have access to the pool?

All the suites have access to the haven on Breakaway and Epic.

Yes I'm doing a mini stat comparison.

On the Breakaway 80 suites have access to the haven pool.

That's, at max a possible 320 people. All suites maxed - unlikely.

But a realistic 70% occupancy during peak times, or inaugural periods, yields 224 on Breakaway.

I was curious and ran these # compared to Epic.

The Epic has 75 cabins w/haven access.

Max folks at full occup in suites. = 390

unlikely, so same 70 % = 273

Basically from my #'s the Breakaway has 22% less folks with haven access than the Epic.

Is the Epic haven 22% lager than the Breakaway's Haven?

Also- regular guests in haven(1/2 suite guests) = Breakaway 122 / Epic 136

Again 22% variable. The difference in # of suite guests between the B and E.

Given the # from my calculations the Haven on Breakaway will be just as crowded as the Epic if not more. The Haven on the Breakaway is smaller. Is the Breakaway Haven 22% smaller? I don't have sqft to work with yet. ;)During the first few sailings the Haven should be sparsely populated as folks explore a new ship. Once that wears off I have concerns with these #'s.

I will add the space ratio per pass is the same as Epic. (30)

I eagerly await trip reports from the Breakaway.

With the Ems River conveyance coming up this weekend I thought that I would link a thread from last year showing screen grabs of Celebrity Reflection departing on hers, just in case some of you may not have ever seen one:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1705058&page=2

Be sure to check out all of the pages of that thread too as it shows screen grabs from downriver as well! :D

Aah Gambee I was oping you were still up to help me!:p

Now what's that above me??

Hmmm my cvs told me it's towards the middle and not forward.

I'm too excited. Was hoping for a bigger balcony. Thought about getting the large balcony but they were only available on the 8th floor, directly above the auditorium!:eek::eek:

It seems like above you there will be chairs from the pool deck, but towards the very end. I usually don't like the overhang covering balconies, but many love them. Look how well the AQUA cabins sell on the S-class ships and they are all covered by an overhang. Different folks different strokes :)

I also wonder about the large balcony on deck 8, many on S-class ships claim the noise from the theater is not an issues at all. Hopefully it will be the same for Breakaway.

You're near the RR next to where the cabins start.

BreakA__15_Deck_460_R_101912.png

EDIT: WOW, that is a large image, I was not expecting it to be that big, LOL :D

With the Ems River conveyance coming up this weekend I thought that I would link a thread from last year showing screen grabs of Celebrity Reflection departing on hers, just in case some of you may not have ever seen one:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1705058&page=2

Be sure to check out all of the pages of that thread too as it shows screen grabs from downriver as well!

Hi Dave!

Quick question, why do they take them in reverse? it is easier to navigate that way?

Thanks for sharing the link.

But a realistic 70% occupancy during peak times, or inaugural periods, yields 224 on Breakaway.

Basically from my #'s the Breakaway has 22% less folks with haven access than the Epic.

Given the # from my calculations the Haven on Breakaway will be just as crowded as the Epic if not more. The Haven on the Breakaway is smaller. Is the Breakaway Haven 22% smaller? I don't have sqft to work with yet. ;)During the first few sailings the Haven should be sparsely populated as folks explore a new ship. Once that wears off I have concerns with these #'s.

Cruise Critic reported that Breakaway has fewer suites than Epic. I forget the number but I think it is over 12 which is significant. 80 suites on Breakaway, wow!

Do you want to do my taxes this year?

Archived