Dietary Restrictions

skiladyldp

Hello we are going on our first cruise in October. My husband is on a low fat diet. When we dine in restaurants, my husband is used to asking to remove items such as cheese on sandwiches or mayo on the side etc. Restaurants are very accomadating to these types of requests which Oceania be as accomadating?

They are very accommodating

If you notify them well ahead (like now) they will give your DH menus the night before to submit to the kitchen so his will meals will be prepared without the ingredients or you can just ask the waiter to make sure there is no offending ingredients in his order

I usually get the low sodium or sodium free items this way....

When the waiter takes the orders I just let him know I have a special meal & my cabin number so my food is ready & served along with the rest of the table

Also don't forget that every menu has "healthy choice" options on it. These are always low fat. My problem on my cruise was that I eat high fat/low carb but this was not problem at all. I ordered everything without potato or bread and managed to lose weight on holiday instead of gain!

If it is just a matter of leaving the mayo off or dressing on the side do not worry about it

If he truly needs a fat free diet then speak to Oceania or your TA can put a note on your file, follow up with the Maitre'd once onboard

Never had a problem with getting some special requests like that

Lyn

I can strongly second all the positive comments being made concerning Oceania's care with restricted diets. My wife and daughter have Celiac Disease and on the MV with the Riviera this past summer the attention to detail with the menu planning process was amazing.

Even if you "punt" and dine in the Terrace Cafe, the staff was always more than willing to find one of the main chefs who would come out to discuss each of the dishes on display.

Dining in the specialty restaurants was also easy to coordinate.

Kudos to Oceania.

I agree completely. I have numerous food allergies and found that my allergy list followed me from the GDR to each of the Marina's specialty restaurants without a single hitch. A GDR head waiter was tasked with making certain that no allergens were included in my meals & he did a tremendous job. He even accompanied me to various food stations in Terraces on several occasions, so that he could check with the chef about ingredients in the lunch dishes. I felt so reassured eating on board this Oceania ship!

Archived