Prinsendam Newbie - Q re Port Shuttles

Windsailer

I've been on a number of other HAL ships...and the port shuttles to town (if provided) were not free. But I thought I read somewhere that the shuttles from the Prinsendam in many ports (Dublin, Galway. Plymouth, Waterford etc) were free. Any recent Prinsendam passengers have the answer? Free or no? Thanks in advance!

It seems to vary by the port. Not sure of the reasoning, but I think Prinsendam visits some ports where a cruise ship is an unusual event and the port will provide a shuttle. HAL may sometimes provide a free shuttle but that seems to be the exception. I do remember that on my Arctic cruise last year it was free at at least one port in Scotland and also in Edinburgh (oops, 2 ports in Scotland) but there was a charge in Rekyjavik.

Roy

It depends on the type of cruise. On shorter cruises they do not normally provide free port shuttles. But if you are on a Grand Cruise (or even a segment of a Grand Cruise) they have been providing free shuttles in most ports.

Hank

We were on for 20 days last year - part of a collectors' cruise. I don't remember having to pay for a single shuttle but one. I think Roy is right - the ship does tend to visit some ports where a ship is an unusual thing - the ports are so happy to have us they gladly put on complimentary shuttles.

The ship put one on for us itself in Barcelona:)

I wouldn't expect it - better to be pleasantly surprised - but it does seem to be the trend on longer cruises:)

Archived