2 Wait or not 2 wait that is the question

I started tracking additional cruises last week for 2013 and this morning I saw a good deal for a sailing we would like to do next year.

Now I will be cruising next week and I can't decide whether to book now or wait till we board. Can somebody help me out here and tell me how the on board offerings are working these days ? Do you still get the following : 200 euros off per cabin, OBC depending on lenghth of cruise, one room level upgrade at no additional charge e.g M to L.

Any inputs you guys have may help me decide..

I always recommend if you see something, then book it. You are so far in advance there is no cancelation fee. If you see something you like at a good price grab it. Its not worth the credit if the price goes up. If it doesn't go up, book it on board and cancel the one you book now. There is no way to lose if you book it now and cancel it in a couple weeks

I always recommend if you see something, then book it. You are so far in advance there is no cancelation fee. If you see something you like at a good price grab it. Its not worth the credit if the price goes up. If it doesn't go up, book it on board and cancel the one you book now. There is no way to lose if you book it now and cancel it in a couple weeks

Thanks Galatz, unfortunately the booking rules are different for Europeans and we would loose any deposit we put down if we don't go ahead with the cruise...

We book early, normally using a next cruise certificate, selecting the cheapest catagory we would be satisfied to sail in. Then if the price goes down, we upgrade to something better. If it goes up we sail happy. In your case, I would wait a week to get the benefits of onboard booking. Note that if you are Platinum and above and book a balcony you get benefits even if you do not book onboard. One big differance is that the deposit for an onboard booking is much less than not booking onboard. As a Brit, if you have to cancel ( without insurance applicable), booking onboard gives you less to loose.

Thanks Galatz, unfortunately the booking rules are different for Europeans and we would loose any deposit we put down if we don't go ahead with the cruise...

Wait until you board next week because of your European deposit rules...much easier for us USAer's to book & cancel...sorry it's not the same for you ;):)

I started tracking additional cruises last week for 2013 and this morning I saw a good deal for a sailing we would like to do next year.

Now I will be cruising next week and I can't decide whether to book now or wait till we board. Can somebody help me out here and tell me how the on board offerings are working these days ? Do you still get the following : 200 euros off per cabin, OBC depending on lenghth of cruise, one room level upgrade at no additional charge e.g M to L.

Any inputs you guys have may help me decide..

From our experiences, usually just the OBC depending on length of cruise when booked on board, no to all the other perks (think you are getting mixed up with Celebrity on level upgrades??). However, you can transfer the booking to your TA and get their offerings as well as RCI's OBC i.e. TA discount, TA OBC etc.

Archived