Hotel Arts (Ritz Carlton), Barcelona

FrenchPeach

Hello fellow cruisers,

Has anyone stayed at this hotel and if so:

• Is it a long cab ride from the airport (how long and how many euros)
  • How far is it located from Las Ramblas, by foot and by cab (how much is the ride?)
  • What is the spread like at the breakfast buffet?
  • I'm told that the hotel is located close to the port, perhaps a 10 euro cab ride?
  • Would you recommend staying here?

If you can share your experience, I would most appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hello fellow cruisers,

Has anyone stayed at this hotel and if so:

• Is it a long cab ride from the airport (how long and how many euros)
  • How far is it located from Las Ramblas, by foot and by cab (how much is the ride?)
  • What is the spread like at the breakfast buffet?
  • I'm told that the hotel is located close to the port, perhaps a 10 euro cab ride?
  • Would you recommend staying here?

If you can share your experience, I would most appreciate it!

Thanks!

Its an excellent 5 star hotel for those that like excellent expensive 5 star hotels. You will pay approximately 30 Euros for a taxi from the airport although once they realize you want to go to the Arts they will try to charge you 60 :). You are about 2 miles from the cruise ship port and a good mile from Las Ramblas so you can certainly walk, ride a bike, hire a baby carriage (now that would be a site), or even take a taxi (would be about 8 Euros). As to the buffet we have no clue other then being a Ritz property it will be very overpriced unless you have it included in your rate. Otherwise, it is a lot more fun to eat at some local establishments that have local atmosphere such as one of the stands in the Bocqueria Market (its a fixture right off the Ramblas).

Would we recommend staying there? Absolutely, if you want to be in a very plush 5 star property that reminds you of Spain about as much as a Ritz in Paris. Personally, we have learned to avoid such properties since we have much more fun staying in smaller European-style hotels or B&Bs. But its all just personal taste and the Arts is arguably one of the best hotels in Europe.

Hank

I stayed there in 2007 and loved it there. It is walking distance from the port but not with luggage. Will be about a 10 Euro cab ride because in Europe you aren't going to get a cheap cab ride no matter how close the port is. Las Ramblas and other areas- can easily be reached via the HOHO bus which picks up out front of the hotel. I used it and it was great. There is an Aquarium nearby. You can walk to the funicular which takes you up to Montjuic which I loved and is a great place to go at night- with fountains (will need to taxi back at night).

The hotel rooms are huge. I didn't try the buffet breakfast (slept in too late) but the room service was great.

We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel.

Have stayed there and enjoyed the hotel. One of the nice things is that it is in a more quiet area.

You can walk to Las Rambles but the walk is about 30 to 45 minutes depending on how fast you walk.

We stayed on the club floor so enjoyed breakfast there.

The drive from the airport was about 30 minutes.

Keith

• 2 months later...

We stayed here in 2009. It's a beautiful property and well situated in Barcelonetta. Great views too. We enjoyed eating paella in Barcelonetta, and walking about at night. It's an easy walk to the metro, and there's a bus that runs from Parc Guell to the front of the hotel. I really liked The Arts Hotel (the rooms are nice, bathrooms are great), but I think it's over-priced and a bit on the "big box" side, so next Fall when we return to Barcelona, we will stay at a smaller more intimate hotel.

Archived