Hi all...Captain Dan here!!

Danno

Just a quick note to say hi to all my CC friends...I haven't been around much lately...our first sailboat, Quiet Resolve, just went in the water after 9 months of hard work overhauling her. She only 27' but to us she looks like Century...

This conbined with no cruise booked has kept me away from here...poor excuse but the only one I have. I have been checking in from time to time but I'm starting to see the summer cruise group being more active, while my group, the winter cruisers, seem to hibernating...Hi LOIS!!!

Enjoy the cruising all...and enjoy this board...I know I always have.

Lake Nipissing it is!!

My dream is one day to sail up your west coast, spend time near wine country, move on up to BC then to Alaska...kinda like an X cruise without the great food, the great service, the entertainment, no clean sheets, no fresh towels, no new friends, no strawberry soup...why did I buy this boat??? Could have paid for at least 6 cruises with what I spent!!

Somehow I don't think I'm going to be immune to sea sickness the way I am on X :( .

Danno, it'll have its upsides and downsides- no chair hogs, no one veering from the dress code that much, and if anyone misbehaves, I believe you're good friends with the captain, so you can eject them at will.

But the rock climbing wall is really just the ladder up from the dingy, and the wrap around teak deck might not wrap around (and might not be teak) The buffet consists of a Chinette plate and a paper serviette handed up the companionway, and the wine cellar- well, wait, there'e no excuse for not having good wine!

Hope you get to sail the West Coast someday. Not for the feint of heart, but beautiful. You could join a bunch of CC'ers on my little yacht when we sail from Vancouver to San Francisco in August. Not much of a yacht, but fairly seaworthy- although I had some propeller problems earlier this Spring. I named it GST Infinity, and there's plenty of room!:D

So Danno --

Do you prohibit announcements apart from one daily position report and morning disembarkation clearance events?;) If so, when will you be announcing your 2006/2007 schedules and pricing? A ride on a 27' version of the Century is about all some of us will be able to afford if prices keep increasing!

A ride on a 27' version of the Century is about all some of us will be able to afford if prices keep increasing!

I have $30,000+ into this "lifeboat" (it's a boat and it seems to have taken over my life)... X seems like a heck of a bargain now!!!

...and absolutely NO ANNOUNCEMENTS!! No TV's, radio only for weather, VHF on for emergencies, NO WALKIE TALKIES!! AND NO BINGO!!!

Hi LOIS!!...missed you!!

I have $30,000+ into this "lifeboat" (it's a boat and it seems to have taken over my life)... X seems like a heck of a bargain now!!!

...and absolutely NO ANNOUNCEMENTS!! No TV's, radio only for weather, VHF on for emergencies, NO WALKIE TALKIES!! AND NO BINGO!!!

Hi LOIS!!...missed you!!

If I understand what you've probably got there, $30,000 means you've got about a bazillion hours of sweat equity into it now and it's worth quite a bit more than you paid for it!

Good to hear about the announcements. As you're a crew of one, we'll try to be reasonable about our requests.

• As long as the 'sommelier' always has a decent cold brew on ice, we won't enquire about the vintage, and we'll call that a success; but we do expect to be able to bring our own booze on board without having to smuggle it in our carry-on.
  • We're prepared to cook our own steaks, and if we burn 'em, we'll acknowledge guilt rather than yelling at the guy who brought the grill.
  • We won't bitch about how well the (non-)stabilizers work. In terms of weather, all we expect from our captain is requisite attention to any small craft warnings.
  • If we want better entertainment at night, we'll either ask you to sing -- or not (how's your singing voice?) along with us.
  • The first person that even USES the phrase "dress code" goes overboard, along with any cell phones found to be in use during at any time during the voyage.

How we doing so far? Do we qualify as "your kind" of passengers?

Canderson....:D...the first activity our cruise staff has planned (me) is a CELL PHONE THROWING competition. The winner gets to throw all the walkie-talkies overboard.

The dress code, while prefered is not practical, but you must wear something!! (The captain can veto this rule if the offender is really good looking)

The rest I haven't figured out yet...I'll keep you informed.

Thanks Ma!!

Oh ya...another thing...for 15 years I have been trying to get a tour of the bridge and engine room on X, with no success...should ANY officers from X ever board my boat they WILL NOT be allowed in the cockpit nor will they be able to see my 8HP Yanmar single cyl diesel engine...SO THERE ;) !!!

Jill and I have a bottle of 1999 St.Francis Merlot to enjoy after our first solo sail...we will toast our good fortune, our delight in having had a son who makes us proud each day, our friends from days on "bigger" water (that would be you folks) and continued good health for all.

The dress code, while prefered is not practical, but you must wear something!! (The captain can veto this rule if the offender is really good looking)

This may be the one area of ship's policy where the first mate has the option of an automatic override of the veto, yes?

Hi Dan:) Thank you. Missed you too.

Changed my plans and so I won't be sailing on your favorite X ship. I will be on Summit in October and won't be on Horizon before she leaves the fleet.

I was disappointed but am now very happy and satisfied with my choice:)

Glad you are enjoying your new toy so much:D

Canderson...sad but true.

Hi Garry...and thanks!!

Lois...I'm soory too, but I have no doubt that you'll have a great time on Summit...if that falls through you are always welcome on our little ship :D .

Yup...ice is out...the water is still cold enough to seriously chill beer and wine...in other words, the perfect temperature.

However I'm having trouble with the head...I've called the front desk several times (Jill) she has called engineering repeatedly (me) but engineering has been way too busy chilling beer to care...kinda like a Carnival Cruise ;) .

Archived