FLL to MIA port: help please!

jswrpw83

Hi everyone,

We are travelling on Carnival for the first time this spring. We anticipate flying into FLL the night before our cruise leaves Port of Miami.

Anyone have some ideas about the best way to get four people back and forth? We aren't looking for anything too expensive as we won't arrive until evening.

Do we get transport when we land to a MIA hotel that might offer free transportation to the port the next day? I don't know if they still do that...

And what is the earliest time you'd get a flight out of FLL if coming from MIA...is a 10am flight to early if we hustle off the ship first chance?

THanks so much!

And what is the earliest time you'd get a flight out of FLL if coming from MIA...is a 10am flight to early if we hustle off the ship first chance?

THanks so much!

Way too early. Miami's port can have delays on top of any other delays with transp. and TSA. I wouldn't take a flight before noon if you want to do things without too much worry.

You need to decide if you want to spend the night in FLL or Miami. Hotels nearer airports are generally less expensive. FLL generally less $$ than Miami. Depends on date of stay.

Use a taxi when arriving at FLL for a nearby hotel. Many available in Ft Lauderdale depending on your budget. Some may even offer a hotel shuttle from the airport and breakfast..

Morning of cruise use a shuttle company like www.ridesas.com to take you from hotel to the POM...You can also use this company and book a roundtrip back to FLL for your return flight...

I wouldn't book that return flight from FLL before 12:00pm...Enjoy !!

Hi everyone,

We are travelling on Carnival for the first time this spring. We anticipate flying into FLL the night before our cruise leaves Port of Miami.

Anyone have some ideas about the best way to get four people back and forth? We aren't looking for anything too expensive as we won't arrive until evening. Check www.sunny.org for FLL area hotel info -- several near the airport with free airport shuttles or cheap taxi fare.

Do we get transport when we land to a MIA hotel that might offer free transportation to the port the next day? I don't know if they still do that... Stay near FLL and go to POM the next morning - shared shuttles with SAS, QLS and Go Airport Shuttle start at about $15 per person each way (yes, they can take you from POM back to FLL after your cruise).

And what is the earliest time you'd get a flight out of FLL if coming from MIA...is a 10am flight to early if we hustle off the ship first chance? It is a 40+ minute drive -- I would not book anything earlier than noon.

THanks so much!

Good luck and have a great cruise! :)

We are in the same boat but I found it cheaper to rent a car at FLL & return it in Miami, than to use SAS for 4 people. Plus you then have more flexibility to pick up last minute items if need be.

Do a search here. I got lots of information about CSR rentals & some great coupon codes for Budget.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

We are in the same boat but I found it cheaper to rent a car at FLL & return it in Miami, than to use SAS for 4 people. Plus you then have more flexibility to pick up last minute items if need be.

Do a search here. I got lots of information about CSR rentals & some great coupon codes for Budget.

Cheaper for 4 - yes. Flexibility - yes! More hassel (gas stop, shuttle to port, hotel parking charges :mad:, etc.) - Yes!

Your call! :)

I agree......HASSEL. We did it with 4 people and barely fit all of our luggage (8 pcs/2 ea)in the the car. We had luggage between us in the back seat.

Filling up the gas tank (dont pass up the opoortunity:() is an additional expense.

WE have used SAS in the past. Comfortable, reasonable and always on time and pleasant to deal with. JMHO:D

We did almost the same thing as you did last week except we stayed in MIA the night before (we had an early flight into FLL).

It was four of us and we found it to be very reasonable to just use a private car service for four people. We used Go Airport Shuttle from FLL to the IC downtown and QLS from the POM to FLL.

For those looking for a private car I would recommend Go Airport Shuttle and would not recommend QLS based on our experience.

We've never used SAS, as this was our first time not flying into the port city, but did see a few of their shuttles upon debarking. They do look very nice - clean and new.

10am is way to early to fly out of FLL. Sometime after noon would be better.

Have fun! :)

Thank you so much, everyone. I really appreciate your time spent sharing experiences with me. I will book a car service, as I'm a little afraid of our amount of luggage. I also hate lugging luggage out to the rental car and then returning it and waiting for the shuttle. Jeez - I make it sound like it's all such a big deal, and I love travelling. Well, I love the "there" as opposed to the "getting there and back"!

I'll get a hotel in FLL for precruise night and I certainly will not book a flight home until after noon, at the earliest.

Smooth waters and sunny skies :)

I agree......HASSEL. We did it with 4 people and barely fit all of our luggage (8 pcs/2 ea)in the the car. We had luggage between us in the back seat.

Filling up the gas tank (dont pass up the opoortunity:() is an additional expense.

WE have used SAS in the past. Comfortable, reasonable and always on time and pleasant to deal with. JMHO:D

I've used SAS previously & they are great. I may reconsider the rental for that day. We don't tend to have much luggage since it's 2 adults & 2 kids but stopping for gas & such is a pain.

We are staying at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport - South they have a stay in FLL cruise out of POM package and offer free transfers from the airport to the hotel.

Thanks Stephanie - I checked the hotel and it is full the night we need it.

Great idea, though. I'll investigate others.

I just booked the Days Inn Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood airport for 1/26 for 128.00 all taxes included on the AARP rate. It has a 4star rating and a airport shuttle. We are flying in at 9:30 pm and sailing the next day out of POM.

I also booked SAS (we used them a couple of years ago and they are great)

Have a great trip !

Archived