Price reduction after final payment

juicyjuju

We are travelling on the Quest in October 2012 and Seabourn has dropped the price on our cruise (after final payment)? Has anyone had any experience with this recently? Will they honor the new price? I'm ok not getting a refund but I would like to be moved to a higher category cabin or get OBC for the difference.

My TA talked to Seabourn and they won't honor the new price. They say it's a sale/promotional rate. Moral of the story, if you are booking an off season cruise that isn't likely to sell out, you might want to wait until after the 90 day payment due date and see if they drop the price. Cunard does this too.

When I booked a cruise while aboard (summer 2011) the cruise agent said that we could get any reduction in price that was announced BEFORE final payment IF we or our TA noticed it and brought it to their attention. That didn't happen. (I think prices went up.) Several years ago (2003) prices did drop after we booked and our TA got us a refund. Can't remember if it was after final payment.

How do you find out prices? When I look online at my upcoming cruise, the Seabourn website doesn't show prices. It just says call us.

Maybe your cruise is coming up really soon? My cruise on Oct 20th shows all categories available for booking.

The outcome (doesn't make sense to me but...): We had originally booked a guarantee. We got moved to a higher category that is comparable with the new sale price BUT Seabourn says we can no longer receive the generous obc our TA was getting for us through their consortium. I took the "upgrade" but now I'm filing for the Amex platinum benefit ($300) which is less OBC than I originally had.

Our friend, who is traveling with us solo, had a run of the house cabin (she is paying 50% supplement of the base price for her cabin) was denied the new sale price because she would now have to pay a 100% supplement, so she is staying put in her original cabin.

Archived