140 points - Crystal Block ?

hmmmm... I am at 216 points and never received anything at either the 140 mark or the 210 mark.

I had the same situation I called C & A they told me I should of asked for it at 140 points. I told them at that time I was not aware of it , you should have it in your system. Long story short. We were at 210 points on the Liberty and got one while on the ship, one week after geting home the UPS fairy knocks on my door , its the one from the 140 points on the Brilliance from last year.Sometimes it does pay to call C/A.

I will be hitting 140 points on my upcoming December cruise on Vision. Does anyone have a picture of what this crystal block looks like?:)

Check out post #18 on this thread. It will look like this block but will say Vision and the etching will have the shape of Vision.

Hi

On our upcoming Oasis cruise in October, we will hit 140 points five days into our cruise.

Will we get a crystal block that says Oasis :confused:

Sheri

Congrats Sheri! Hopefully we'll see you on another cruise during the next 140 credits! :D

I will be hitting 140 points on my upcoming December cruise on Vision. Does anyone have a picture of what this crystal block looks like?:)

It's the same block pictured earlier in this thread (post #18), except that it will have an etching of Vision inside.

Check out post #18 on this thread. It will look like this block but will say Vision and the etching will have the shape of Vision.

I actually did read this entire thread. Not sure how on earth I missed that photo.:eek: It has been a loooong day. Thanks for the help.

Are these blocks listed as a benefit on the Royal website under Diamond or above? I am glad I opened this thread because we will hit 140 points a couple of days into our December Freedom cruise. If it doesn't appear in the room, I will know to ask. Thanks for the info!!

Are these blocks listed as a benefit on the Royal website under Diamond or above? I am glad I opened this thread because we will hit 140 points a couple of days into our December Freedom cruise. If it doesn't appear in the room, I will know to ask. Thanks for the info!!

Yes, I think it's called something like "milestone recognition".

We were going to be one point short of getting one this December, so I added a 3 night cruise in order to be able to get one on Independence (which I don't have yet) instead of Brilliance (which I do).

Hi, Ellen. I am getting one on the Indy cruise as well. I have fond memories of 8 previous days in Cabin 1700. I think I cried on the last morning when I saw the lights of Fort Lauderdale. Will be nice to have an Indy block to commerate them.

I assume from the conversation that the first 'crystal block' is awarded at 140 points. How often are they awarded after that?

I looked though the C&A section on the web site and did not find any mention of anything like this. Is there some web link that I missed that describes this?

Sad, but oh so true!

Our upcoming Oasis cruise in September will get us within two points of a milestone cruise. We thought about doing a B2B on Oasis but we already have the Oasis block so we will only do seven days and then choose either the Vision and/or Jewel in Oct./Nov because we don't have either of these ships in our collection.

Trade you for an Oasis if you wish to stay on, for a Jewel:D

I assume from the conversation that the first 'crystal block' is awarded at 140 points. How often are they awarded after that?

I looked though the C&A section on the web site and did not find any mention of anything like this. Is there some web link that I missed that describes this?

It's every 70 points...

If you go into Member Area - then Member Benefits it shows under "Milestone Recognition" and then has a #4 noted, which reads:

"4 A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter."

Hi, Ellen. I am getting one on the Indy cruise as well. I have fond memories of 8 previous days in Cabin 1700. I think I cried on the last morning when I saw the lights of Fort Lauderdale. Will be nice to have an Indy block to commerate them.

Hi Vicki, It's good to see you over here. :)

Sounds like we'll have matching blocks after our December cruise. :D

We have 3 of the blocks. We got our last one on Mariner, and that week they were

actually presented at the C&A past guests party. It was very special. The Captain &

some other officers were there. They even took our pictures (complimentary), and sent them to our

room prior to our departure. I think it all depends on the LA.

As others have said, it is wise to let the LA know about it ahead if time.

We're looking forward to getting #4 on Navigator in Jan; we think they are very

pretty.

Cruzin Lady

Hey, Nikki. We will reach 140 on the Vision the week before you do. One of the things I love about CC is finding out about things like the crystal blocks, a detail I probably would not have paid attention to otherwise.

One per household...

What's really bad is that once you have a few of them you may start calculating when you'll earn the next one so you don't duplicate a ship you already have...

We were going to be one point short of getting one this December, so I added a 3 night cruise in order to be able to get one on Independence (which I don't have yet) instead of Brilliance (which I do).

It actually sounds pretty silly to say it out loud :o, but if anybody would understand it's my CC friends.

I completely understand! LOL. We have Mariner, 2 Explorer blocks, and Liberty. We should receive Brilliance next month on the transatlantic. We almost booked a cruise that would cause us to get a 3rd Explorer block, but booked Enchantment instead so as to get a different block. Silly, yes. But completely understandable....I think. LOL We've had them presented at the "welcome back party" and also just left in our stateroom....depends on the LA and the particular cruise, I suppose.

Peter

Congrats Sheri! Hopefully we'll see you on another cruise during the next 140 credits! :D

Hi guys:)

Thanks...

Sorry, but we are not able to change our sailing dates for Adventure in March:(

Would love to sail with you again soon, as we think you are great friends.

Sheri & Asbjorn

Hey, Nikki. We will reach 140 on the Vision the week before you do. One of the things I love about CC is finding out about things like the crystal blocks, a detail I probably would not have paid attention to otherwise.

I know! I had NO IDEA about these. I'm thrilled! I love CC!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Received mine on the 08/25 sailing of Oasis.

Showed up 3 days into the cruise.

Packed it in carry-on. It set off some kind

of alert when going through the FLL airport security scanners.

TSA emptied my bag, found it and ran the

bag through again without it. No problem.

They have seen them before and knew what it was.

Very nice gift!!

Received mine on the 08/25 sailing of Oasis.

Showed up 3 days into the cruise.

Packed it in carry-on. It set off some kind

of alert when going through the FLL airport security scanners.

TSA emptied my bag, found it and ran the

bag through again without it. No problem.

They have seen them before and knew what it was.

Very nice gift!!

Yes, same thing happened to me. It shows up on xray like lead. They are also very heavy but very nice.

Archived