140 points - Crystal Block ?

We should have received ours on the Jewel repositioning last year - I only realised this having already sailed and having seen a thread on here. I'm not surprised we didn't receive it onboard as the LA and team spent their whole time being very busy rebooking future cruises.

However, having returned home, I contacted the very efficient Crown & Anchor team in the UK and received one (shipped from the US) within a couple of weeks.

If you're entitled to one, and don't receive it, just contact the C & A department.

Just back from a B2B on Brilliance where we did not receive ours. I knew that we had 137 points before the trip. 140 would have been on the day of our 1st C&A welcome back party. After the party I asked the loyalty ambassador and she said "No. They give them for 120 points." I was sad to hear this as I thought it would be such a nice remembrance of our first European cruise.

Now that we are home I have checked on the C&A website and it does in fact still state that the first is given at 140. Then every 70 after that.

I emailed C&A this afternoon and then oddly enough I came across this thread.

I hope that C&A will make things right and send us one.

I contacted Crown and Anchor, and received an apology that the crystal blocks were not available when we were on the Enchantment. I was told mine would be shipped :).

I emailed C&A, too. They sent a nice apology and asked for my mailing address. Now that I know about them, I will be looking for my 2nd block on Freedom in June. :)

Just back from a B2B on Brilliance where we did not receive ours. I knew that we had 137 points before the trip. 140 would have been on the day of our 1st C&A welcome back party. After the party I asked the loyalty ambassador and she said "No. They give them for 120 points." I was sad to hear this as I thought it would be such a nice remembrance of our first European cruise.

Now that we are home I have checked on the C&A website and it does in fact still state that the first is given at 140. Then every 70 after that.

I emailed C&A this afternoon and then oddly enough I came across this thread.

I hope that C&A will make things right and send us one.

It's too late for me to edit my post. I meant "No. They give them for 210 points."

Didn't have to ask for mine in March on Enchantment. Found it waiting for me in my room one day. BTW-this thing is heavy! And I had to put it in my carry on bag to carry it off the ship. No room in my suitcase.

We got ours on Enchantment without asking. Trust me...it will weigh down papers in a strong windstorm! If you are flying, allow some added weigh on your return flight!

We got ours....the way I figure it, it cost me $50,000 dollars. (conservative figure)

That's approx. cruise costs for 2 people.

LOL!!! I was thinking the same thing.

Then again, we could have gotten a picture frame or notepad & pen.

After seeing this tread, I emailed C&A.

We would made the 140 during the conversioin in Dec 2010.

Here is the response we received:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. Your next commemorative gift will be awarded when you reach 210 cruise points. The crystal blocks were not being given out if the conversion put points at or over 140. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused."

After seeing this tread, I emailed C&A.

We would made the 140 during the conversioin in Dec 2010.

Here is the response we received:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. Your next commemorative gift will be awarded when you reach 210 cruise points. The crystal blocks were not being given out if the conversion put points at or over 140. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused."

They did not give them retro if you had the 140 points as a result of the conversion.

However, they started giving them on the cruise you reached 20 cruise credits (pre conversion number) starting in June, 2010. So if you reached 20 cruise credits between June 2010 and Jan 2011 you get a block. Or if you reach 140 cruise points after the conversion date you get the blocks.

Make sense???

They did not give them retro if you had the 140 points as a result of the conversion.

However, they started giving them on the cruise you reached 20 cruise credits (pre conversion number) starting in June, 2010. So if you reached 20 cruise credits between June 2010 and Jan 2011 you get a block. Or if you reach 140 cruise points after the conversion date you get the blocks.

Make sense???

Makes sense. Good response and answer.

One per household...

What's really bad is that once you have a few of them you may start calculating when you'll earn the next one so you don't duplicate a ship you already have...

We were going to be one point short of getting one this December, so I added a 3 night cruise in order to be able to get one on Independence (which I don't have yet) instead of Brilliance (which I do).

It actually sounds pretty silly to say it out loud :o, but if anybody would understand it's my CC friends.

DH and I reached 140 our last cruise and got our first block, consistent with the one per household rule. we are pleased with the block, of course. If he soon takes a 14 night cruise without me, he will reach 210 sooner, earning a crystal block. I would likely reach 210 two cruises and several months later on a different ship...Would I get a block when I eventually reach 210, or would they likely invoke a one per household rule?

DH and I reached 140 our last cruise and got our first block, consistent with the one per household rule. we are pleased with the block, of course. If he soon takes a 14 night cruise without me, he will reach 210 sooner, earning a crystal block. I would likely reach 210 two cruises and several months later on a different ship...Would I get a block when I eventually reach 210, or would they likely invoke a one per household rule?

Your points will be the same. When he reaches 210 points so will you. So 1 block it is.

Your points will be the same. When he reaches 210 points so will you. So 1 block it is.

Are you saying that they will give me 14 points even if DH takes a 14 nighter without me? If so, I can live with that.

Are you saying that they will give me 14 points even if DH takes a 14 nighter without me? If so, I can live with that.

Yes, if you have the same residence address, Royal will link your C&A records with your significant other, and you will both have the points and level of whoever has the highest total.

Archived