Dining Questions on the Allure Eastern Int.

joyus

This is probably addressed somewhere on the board, but can anyone answer the following questions for us? We're sailing (6 people) on this Nov. 11th.

1) We currently have 8:30pm dining reservations, but are waitlisted for 6:00pm. If we are unable to get the 6:00pm can we change to MTD once on board? Our friends really don't want to eat so late, plus they're thinking that after a late dinner, they may be too full & sleepy to really enjoy the shows, but we want to eat in the MDR.

2) What night is the Captain's Dinner?

3) What night is Lobster night?

This is probably addressed somewhere on the board, but can anyone answer the following questions for us? We're sailing (6 people) on this Nov. 11th.

1) We currently have 8:30pm dining reservations, but are waitlisted for 6:00pm. If we are unable to get the 6:00pm can we change to MTD once on board? Our friends really don't want to eat so late, plus they're thinking that after a late dinner, they may be too full & sleepy to really enjoy the shows, but we want to eat in the MDR.

2) What night is the Captain's Dinner?

3) What night is Lobster night?

Hi, we are on your cruise and this will be the first time we are trying MTD. We also like to eat early but since we weren't sure of the showtimes we thought MTD would be more flexible but wound up making our dinner reservations for the same time everynight (6:30) so this could also be an option for you unless you did not want to pre-pay grats.

I believe Lobster night is the night that the Fisherman's Platter is served, usually the 2nd formal night which leads me to think that the Captain's Dinner would be the 1st formal night.

FYI, we had no trouble with the shows and 2nd seating. I think it was Blue planet was the only show we had to schedule before dinner and that was fine. If you prefer earlier I hope you get it, but if not, you can make it work.

1) We currently have 8:30pm dining reservations, but are waitlisted for 6:00pm. If we are unable to get the 6:00pm can we change to MTD once on board? ?

Why not just switch to MTD now?

Once on board, first thing, go to the MDR, find the Head Waiter, and see what he can do to accomodate your needs. Always worth a shot.

Why not just switch to MTD now?

Once on board, first thing, go to the MDR, find the Head Waiter, and see what he can do to accomodate your needs. Always worth a shot.

We have quite a bit of OBC that if we don't use up (we don't gamble or drink alcohol, but may use at the spa), will be used towards tips. If we book MTD now then we will not be able to apply the OBC towards tips if we have any left over. Just trying to think ahead and leave our options open.

You can change to MTD after boarding IF they still have space, which is getting to be a bigger and bigger if lately as more people got MTD, especially on the Oasis/Allure due to the variety of dining and way the shows are scheduled (not the normal 2 a night, one for early and one for late dining).

The other thing, if you want reservations for MTD it may be more difficult to get the times you want if you wait. You do not need reservations, so if you don't mind waiting a bit for a table (have heard 5 - 10 minutes max) you should be fine.

ETA - yes, the captain's dinner is the first formal night and lobster is on the second.

Ok, my friends have only sailed one time (Carnival) and first on RCI. They are looking forward to the Captain's dinner, although I don't understand why since we aren't sitting at the captain's table :-)

Just a follow up. Called RCI and posed this question to agent. He was to tell me I what the how the MTD reservation where looking like at that time. I think we'll wait until we're on board to change our dining time.

Archived