Thrifty Honolulu airport

rlkubi

Has anyone rented a car in Honolulu from the airport after getting off a cruise? We are staying a few days after the cruise and it is $90 cheaper to rent to and from the airport. But if going to cost a cab ride and hassle it won't be worth it.

Thanks!

We have in the past - DH took a taxi to the airport and then came back and picked the rest of us up. One time he shared a cab with 2 others who were waiting for a taxi doing the same thing so they split the fare.

Thrifty certainly runs a shuttle from the dock to the airport rental car location on days when ships come in. We also had to call from the pier when we were ashore and waiting for the shuttle. We also reserved the car with the information that we would be arriving on a cruise ship and need a shuttle at the pier. I would imagine that if you contact them, that they will pick you up at the pier with the shuttle on the day you want to pick up the car.

We called the day before disembarking to confirm our rental, and the shutle was waiting to pick us up when we got off the ship. No problems at all. However, there did not seem to be too many shuttles available, so if you miss one, you might have to wait several minutes on the next one.

Yes...Thrifty will send a shuttle to the pier to pick you up and take you to the airport. We rented a Mustang convertible from them back in April and it was fantastic! We returned the car back before 10pm and they took us back to the ship for free.

:cool:Bill

Maybe I am asking for too much here, but we are renting a car from Thrifty at the airport when our flight arrives on Wednesday, September 5th and will return it to the airport mid-afternoon on Saturday, September 8th when we leave for our cruise on POA. Would Thrifty provide us with a ride from the airport to the pier?

Maybe I am asking for too much here, but we are renting a car from Thrifty at the airport when our flight arrives on Wednesday, September 5th and will return it to the airport mid-afternoon on Saturday, September 8th when we leave for our cruise on POA. Would Thrifty provide us with a ride from the airport to the pier?[

I don't see why not. We've used their free shuttle several times to return to the ship. I'd let them know in advance. All of our rentals have been port calls.

• 2 months later...

I have a car rented from Thrifty after disembarking our Pride of America cruise in December. We will need a ride from the port to the Thrifty Car rental location. What number do we call? I originally booked the reservation using Discount Hawaii Car Rental but I have a Thrifty confirmation number.

Pasted below is the information that was in my confirmation email. I assume you should have gotten one as well? I assume the phone number would remain the same but perhaps you could go to the Thrifty website and check your confirmation number to confirm the phone number.

Date/Time: May 06, 2012 at 08:00 AM

Address: 3147 N. NIMITZ HWY

HONOLULU INTL AIRPORT

HONOLULU, HI 96819

UNITED STATES

Map

Phone: (877) 283-0898

The number they gave me to call for the shuttle is 808-831-2266. When prompted press "0". I called right before I got off the ship they just said the shuttles are running. When I got outside there were two Thrifty shuttles there. They will take you to their location which is right on the edge of the airport grounds. When you return the car they will shuttle you to the airport and to your terminal.

Archived