What Souvenir do you get ?? Must have?

seb1104mom

• 2 weeks later...
can you bring cheese back to the states? will they allow you to take it off the ship?

Yes and Yes.

I always recommend the little iron colorful iguana's for sale at the souvenier stalls. They are light, easy to take home and if you place them on the wall on your porch or veranda, you will always be reminded of the Caribbean. Instant good mood :D.

• 2 weeks later...

I collect bookmarks from wherever we travel. I have them in just about every material you can think of. On previous visits to Curacao, I got one in lace, an emroidered linen, leather.......

They are lightweight, travel flat, take no room in the suitcase and are great collectable..... IMO

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! Great ideas! Any particular brand of Gouda? I'm thinking picking up from supermarket would b a better option, right?

you can get gouda cheese right there at the port at a little store in the Riffort area. Forgot the name of store, but they sell t-shirts and lots of souvenirs. Nice shop.

We found very nice, reasonable jewelry in Curacao. In particular, we spent the afternoon at Mambo Beach, adjacent to Seaquarium, and there were nice shops along a sort of boardwalk behind the beach. In one, we purchased jewelry made with "apple coral," which we were told was only available locally. Not sure if that's true, but it was a nice purchase to remember the island by. They had necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc., made with coral beads and silver findings.

• 2 months later...

Reminders of Curacao's visit.:)

These all sound good, and here is my question.

It was mentioned that there were shops around some of the beaches where you could purchase "coral jewelry", etc. Now, is there just "some" beaches that have shops like that, or do all the beaches have some type of shops? Also, do you know if the items purchased are from the locals, or "made in China?"

What kind of tablecloths are you purchasing?? Lace? Colorful prints?

All Types--We shop at a table cloth co. located in Old City--over the bridge- on that street-to the Left. not far from the other side of the bridge.

We are going to Curacao (30 Dec-4 Jan) I'll make note of the name of store and post my findings.:D

PS: Remember to bring your needed measurements- including leefs added to Dining tables. Great place for Holiday themed cloths

Archived