camera purchase onboard

shaq

Limited selection of decent cameras but not really competitively priced. If you have a huge OBC and no bar tab to match, it may be worth it if you are looking for the simple P&S type cameras that they carry.

Dave

Was soda competively priced or had a selection :D But for OBC if you like what you see and it works and better to spend than say spa, trinkets, gambling, excursions or whatever else you might be able to use it why not!

Has anyone purchased their camera on board the ship. if so were the prices competitive?

I will have a large OBC and looking to see if purchasing a camera might be a good idea.

I'm a big warranty person. And if you live in the U.S. most companies won't even give you the 1 year manufactures warranty on the item if it's bought outside the U.S. This won't help with the OBC but I believe I read that St.Martin is a good place to find deals. Hope this helps and Happy Cruising!!!!!!

Last week on our cruise, Carnival Legend, the only cameras that they have for sale onboard ship are the Olympus Tough cameras.

In St. Maarten and St.Thomas there are Boolchand's Electronics that offer good deals on cameras, lenses, etc.

Archived