Question? How to get PVP to quit calling?

mapsmith

I had a similar problem. Only with me the guy was calling several times a day on both mine and my hubby's cell phones and sending emails. I called Carnival (the main number) and told them I wouldn't book again if he kept calling me like that. So they made a note on my profile. He sent an apologetic email. Then about a month later it started again. I called back and spoke to a supervisor and flipped out. It never happened again.

I know that each one is different and that some of them are good but the ones that constantly hound people have made me never want to deal with a PVP

I suggest yelling alot on the phone :)

Ask him/her for a cell phone number so you can call them when they are eating dinner

Its actually kinda fun .They stop calling too

I play with these kind of callers...

either I am the maid..babysitter..etc.

Or who ever they ask for is a doctor who was just called into surgery....

Or I am being evicted from my home as they speak.....

or I answer with a very thick accent...

of course I could just look at the caller ID and not answer the calls that appear to be sketchy....

but my method is actually fun:D

hint: if you say that this is not a good time for you to speak to them right now and they ask for a better time...just tell them after 9pm! Most if not all states have laws against marketing calls after that time.

I have nicely asked them not to call me, when we are ready to book we will call him. He doesn't get the hint, so now when I see their number on the caller ID I put my 4 year old granddaughter on with him. I told her it's Funship Freddy calling and he wants to talk to her. After his 2nd conversation with her, he hasn't called back and it's been 2 weeks now. He used to call weekly.

From the posts Im reading i can't decide if Im in luck or if Im missing out.

It depends on who your PVP is. If he's like mine, you're missing out. If the PVP is like the OP's, you're lucky not to have one then.

I have a "spamcatcher" e-mail address and a fake phone number that I provide when I suspect the information will be used for marketing (my area code + 867-5309:D). The spamcatcher address is a gmail account that I monitor only from my iPod Touch at home (it shows all the mail on both my regular and spamcatcher gmail accounts), saving me having to wade through the clutter on the regular account. I never continue to be surprised at the amount of junk I can get from a single transaction with a vendor.

As for the legitimate need to reach you to inform you of last-minute changes- put in your real phone number a few days before the cruise and change it back when you get home.

Sad to have to be so deceptive, but when marketers have shown how aggressive they can be with your personal contact information, you have to protect yourself.

Mine called like crazy until I booked. Now that I've booked - if I have a question....too bad.

I'm considering seeing if it's possible to switch. I'm pretty low maintenance, but when I have an issue or question, it would be nice to have an answer.

You can change PVPs. Whether you have booked or not, if you have a question, they should be available to answer or at least call you back if they are away from their desk. Since you are not getting good service, change.

I don't really like to get mean with anyone on the phone BUT when I first started looking for a cruise on the Carnival site several months ago I started receiving calls from a PVP who called my cell phone and left voice mails pretty much every other day for a month or two. I finally answered one day and without giving her a chance to speak, told her VERY sternly that I was too busy at work during the day to take personal calls, and to NOT call me again or I was going to report her to Carnival, and IF I so happened to need her help in the future I would be sure to let her know. I never heard from her again.

How about get on the phone once say please do not call me at work and I will call when ready to book.

Does not seem as you ever bothered to do this.

I agree. I screen calls for my boss all the time, and some sales people will not give up until they talk to him....so I give them voice mail over and over. It seems that you will have to tell her to stop calling yourself.

If you just can't be bothered, then tell your asst. to ask for this person's name and extension number and then inform them you will be contacting Carnival to complain. Then do it.

How about get on the phone once say please do not call me at work and I will call when ready to book.

Does not seem as you ever bothered to do this.

Actually Stu, I have done that. She insists on calling every Thursday or Friday. I have told her that she is causing me to reconsider booking with Carnival at all.

I LOVE my PVP... he never bothers me when I'm scoping around, because he knows I'm good for at least 1 cruise if not 2 a year... so when I do call him, I know exactly when and where, etc and he always gives me the best advice! He is incredibly patient with me when I ask (what I think are) dumb questions... If anyone wants Howard's extention, let me know!:D

I've been on the website a LOT and i don't have a PVP. I never get calls. I just research and book online when ready. From the posts Im reading i can't decide if Im in luck or if Im missing out.

I'm with you, here. I was thinking "Hey, maybe it's time to get a PVP!!" (although I'm not sure how you do it...call Carnival? I've always booked online before)....and now I'm not so sure I want to. :eek:

When my PVP was new, he called me. I told him upfront, do NOT call. I told him I would call him when I was ready. Period. And he has honored that request.

A year or so ago, I got online and looked at various cruises when another person called and then emailed saying they were my PVP. I called my PVP and asked if I had been reassigned. He told me no and asked me to forward him the email, which I did. I haven't been bothered again.

LOL we had the same problem last month just before we booked!!

Been surfing the net looking for a cruise for the winter. Got on Carnival's site. Didn't really find anything exciting yet. Two days later I get a call from "my" PVP. Called at work. Told her I will call when I find something I like. But nothing attracted my attention yet.

So EVERY WEEK, she has been calling me at work asking if I am ready to book. (She also has emailed me several times asking if I am ready to book a specific Cruise. But that is another story)

Today she called again, one of my employees answered and told me who it was. I replied to have the employee tell her I will call when I am ready. And to not call back.

THE PVP exploded at my employee (not to me) saying that I gave this number in my profile and that SHE was supposed to call me on a regular Basis..

Now I am ticked.

Should I escalate this. I am thinking of posting this to John's Blog to see what he thinks.

Opinions please.

I would call Carnival and ask for a supervisor, and tell them, that if so and so keep calling you Carnival will surely lose a potential customer! Tell supervisor that you will call when you are good and ready!

Actually Stu, I have done that. She insists on calling every Thursday or Friday. I have told her that she is causing me to reconsider booking with Carnival at all.

In that case would tell her that if she calls one more time unsolicited will never deal with her again and repoort her to her supervisor.

That should solve problem.

I had a similar experience with HAL. My original rep was replaced when she left the company. She knew I would call when needed. First I received several calls (unanswered on my part/messages left) and e-mails of self-introduction from my new rep. Then, every time I checked on HAL's site for browsing for bookings, I would get a call or e-mail from my rep. The contact was always polite, but enough is enough! I despise that kind of phishing. I finally sent a polite but firm e-mail to the rep saying that constant contact was an intrusion and, if anything, would keep me from booking. I stated that I would be in touch when I wanted to cruise HAL again and that until then, only mailings and the mass notification e-mails were expected and acceptable. I did not receive a reply, but the nagging notifications stopped.

I had a similar experience with HAL. My original rep was replaced when she left the company. She knew I would call when needed. First I received several calls (unanswered on my part/messages left) and e-mails of self-introduction from my new rep. Then, every time I checked on HAL's site for browsing for bookings, I would get a call or e-mail from my rep. The contact was always polite, but enough is enough! I despise that kind of phishing. I finally sent a polite but firm e-mail to the rep saying that constant contact was an intrusion and, if anything, would keep me from booking. I stated that I would be in touch when I wanted to cruise HAL again and that until then, only mailings and the mass notification e-mails were expected and acceptable. I did not receive a reply, but the nagging notifications stopped.

Seems to me she was doing her job. Answer the phone once tells her not to call as you will call when ready to book and the calls stop. What is the big deal of answering the phone and spending 15 seconds telling her what you want/

Been surfing the net looking for a cruise for the winter. Got on Carnival's site. Didn't really find anything exciting yet. Two days later I get a call from "my" PVP. Called at work. Told her I will call when I find something I like. But nothing attracted my attention yet.

So EVERY WEEK, she has been calling me at work asking if I am ready to book. (She also has emailed me several times asking if I am ready to book a specific Cruise. But that is another story)

Today she called again, one of my employees answered and told me who it was. I replied to have the employee tell her I will call when I am ready. And to not call back.

THE PVP exploded at my employee (not to me) saying that I gave this number in my profile and that SHE was supposed to call me on a regular Basis..

Now I am ticked.

Should I escalate this. I am thinking of posting this to John's Blog to see what he thinks.

Opinions please.

John is recuperating from an operation.

I have gone through this with a Pushy PVP..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-1560231.html

I first reported the issue to Carnival in January and it was not resolved till late March. After a very similar chain of events where My Mother, Sister and I were in the same room.. My cell phone rings.. it Carnival, I let it go to voice mail. Home phone rings, It's Carnival and I let it go to voice mail, my sister's Cell phone rings and she answers it. Its the same PVP who is referenced in the post above and I'm promised will not call.

We were all together because we were meeting with Hospice for my dad's care.

The next day I did get on the phone to Carnival. While on the phone I emailed the rep my previous chain of emails on the issue. I have not recieved a call since.

How frigging cold could that woman be to call me when she was told repeatedly we would not be crusing as my dad was dying. Yeah I might have gone on the Carnival website sometime to just look, but that was a distraction. It shouldn't open you up to repeated harrassing phone calls.

If you want the calls to stop, do what my PVP did, put in my account notes that I use a private TA. I have not received a call since then. My PVP said that is what stops calls. Being rude or mean to them doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived