Question? How to get PVP to quit calling?

mapsmith

Tell them you plan to book with Royal Caribbean.

AND that you made the decision to book elsewhere BECAUSE you felt harassed by your PVP...AND you are contacting a supervisor/upper management to indicate this.

I'm a lead customer service rep at a callsite. If a business' sales personnel are driving sales AWAY to a competitor, they'll sit up and take notice.

It is sad how some of the PVP harass you. I love mine. She has told me she know I will call her when I am ready to book. She said Carnival does not like her doing this, but she does not see the point in bugging someone until they are upset and mad.

On one of my last calls with her, she said if you call the 800 number and do not dial your PVP extension to ask your question, Carnival will remove them as your PVP. You will then go back into the 'pool' of names. Carnival feels if your PVP is not there to answer the question, they are not servicing you. Guess no on is allowed a day off.

It is sad how some of the PVP harass you. I love mine. She has told me she know I will call her when I am ready to book. She said Carnival does not like her doing this, but she does not see the point in bugging someone until they are upset and mad.

On one of my last calls with her, she said if you call the 800 number and do not dial your PVP extension to ask your question, Carnival will remove them as your PVP. You will then go back into the 'pool' of names. Carnival feels if your PVP is not there to answer the question, they are not servicing you. Guess no on is allowed a day off.

Not true i have called the main line many times didnt dial the ext still have my PVP since 2009

Hmmmmm......OK, I have 4 cruises booked..........all with a private TA..........I'm on the Carnival site DAILY checking prices........I'm a Diamond with Carnival.........and I have NEVER been called by any of their PVPs.........never.....

Someone referred me to a PVP, so I have just recently booked a cruise using one, so I have yet to experience this yet.

I had a really good experience doing my booking (much better than the last time I booked through a travel agent!) In fact my PVP sounded so excited that I booked a cruise that I wanted to take him with me- he sounded like he'd be a lot of fun- lol

If one calls me, I'll probably lose my mind on them after an experience with someone at Carnival tonight. I've booked online recently and I don't think they really bother with "those" people as much as those who call in.

Don't know about that. I have always booked online then decided to check the Carnival website. I have had 2 calls. When I am ready I'll book but it will probably be with the online TA that I have used 13 times.

Been surfing the net looking for a cruise for the winter. Got on Carnival's site. Didn't really find anything exciting yet. Two days later I get a call from "my" PVP. Called at work. Told her I will call when I find something I like. But nothing attracted my attention yet.

So EVERY WEEK, she has been calling me at work asking if I am ready to book. (She also has emailed me several times asking if I am ready to book a specific Cruise. But that is another story)

Today she called again, one of my employees answered and told me who it was. I replied to have the employee tell her I will call when I am ready. And to not call back.

THE PVP exploded at my employee (not to me) saying that I gave this number in my profile and that SHE was supposed to call me on a regular Basis..

Now I am ticked.

Should I escalate this. I am thinking of posting this to John's Blog to see what he thinks.

Opinions please.

Odd. I'm logged onto Carnival all the time and my PVP has never called me. He did email me a couple times, but, of course, when I emailed him with a request, I had to email 3x to even get a response since I couldn't get him on the phone. Exact extreme opposite.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

Did you try saying "Please don't call me any more" instead of "I will call when I'm ready" ?

Just curious. I always book on my own, no TA or PVP. Last year within a month of completing my Liberty cruise, I got a PVP call (for the first time), saying "I can help you book your next cruise". I just told her I wasn't ready to book and would do it when I was ready. Never heard from her again.

My understanding is that it is actually illegal for them to call you once you specifically ask them not to call you (unless it's about a pending booking, etc). May have worded that wrong, but I know I'm on a lot of "do not call" lists. Unfortunately there is more telemarketing/cold calling on cell phones lately.....

I suspect any PVP who repeatedly ignores a customer's request not to call (or who treats a customer rudely) is violating Carnival's rules. This is above and beyond the general incompetence of their customer support. The company probably has a high turnover and lots of low quality workers in these positions. If you're being harassed, getting this resolved will require an aggressive response up through the ranks at Carnival, more than likely.

It is easy for them to track you...

You do not have to be logged in for Carnival to track your visits to the website. Tracking and data mining are easy to accomplish with cookies that remain on your computer long, long after you've logged out or even simply used their website without logging in. If you've ever set up an account, they can make reasonable assumptions based on your activities by simply observing your IP, depending on how they've rigged their tracking. More than one user account on a Comcast cluster, for example, may share the same IP, but a little bit of smart programming can guess who's visiting based on past history, time of day, and typical activities. It's hard to say how well Carnival has configured this technology, since they seem so inept at other things regarding their website. But they seem to figure out best those things that increase profits.

Don't make it even easier...

One thing that I configure on my web browsers is to remove cookies and history on exit. I don't want to give companies free information so they can target me with spam and advertising. Also, with data sharing, it is possible that you'll be offered less appealing deals for -- say -- airline tickets if you have tracking cookies that show you've visited a hotel or cruise website. After all, if you've already set a travel date and started booking your accommodations, the airlines don't have any reason to give you any enticing prices for flights.

In Firefox I recommend setting your Tools/Options/Privacy tab NOT to accept third party cookies, and to clear history on exit. Internet Explorer's settings are under Internet Options/General tab.

Been surfing the net looking for a cruise for the winter. Got on Carnival's site. Didn't really find anything exciting yet. Two days later I get a call from "my" PVP. Called at work. Told her I will call when I find something I like. But nothing attracted my attention yet.

So EVERY WEEK, she has been calling me at work asking if I am ready to book. (She also has emailed me several times asking if I am ready to book a specific Cruise. But that is another story)

Today she called again, one of my employees answered and told me who it was. I replied to have the employee tell her I will call when I am ready. And to not call back.

THE PVP exploded at my employee (not to me) saying that I gave this number in my profile and that SHE was supposed to call me on a regular Basis..

Now I am ticked.

Should I escalate this. I am thinking of posting this to John's Blog to see what he thinks.

Opinions please.

Wow!! I never get calls... mine will send e-mails, but that about it..

I'm thinking I'm lucky that no one calls me. I'd just let it go to VM & delete anyways since I never answer phone calls. Yes, I'm one of those people. Unless I know you or are expecting your call- you go to VM.

I am one of those people too. "My" pvp calls me too. She has been calling me on my cell phone, which is the numberI had put in when I did my fun pass last cruise in April, but is not on my profile. I had put that in case they were upselling me or had last minute changes. It annoys me. I have never used my pvp. First cruise I used an online TA, the last two I called the 800# and today I booked online myself. Its just easier for me to do it myself, when I want to.

Someone referred me to a PVP, so I have just recently booked a cruise using one, so I have yet to experience this yet.

I had a really good experience doing my booking (much better than the last time I booked through a travel agent!) In fact my PVP sounded so excited that I booked a cruise that I wanted to take him with me- he sounded like he'd be a lot of fun- lol

Glad to see you got booked . But as a footnote I don't log on to my carnival account when I do look at cruises because he will call they must get a alert when you log onto the carnival site using you account (I had mine saved on my browser when I went to the carnival site it logged me in ) I was quick to change that he would always call with in a day of me looking for a cruise but if I ask him not to call back he wouldn't I have use him for 8 cruises now because he respects your no call wishes

I am already booked on two cruises for later this year and three for next year. None of them are with Carnival. I haven't cruised Carnival in well over a decade. I have a friend at work that wants to cruise this winter, somewhere they can drive to the ship. So I check the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. The next day a guy calls me, introduces himself as MY Personal Vacation Planner. I informed him I already have all of my cruises booked with RCI, Celebrity, and Princess, that I already have and use a Travel Agent, and do not need his services.

So for the next month I'm helping my friend out and check more prices and dates. Every time I do this guy calls me. I work midnight shifts so he always calls me when I am asleep, during the day. He has called and left voice mails, called and not left messages, called and woke me up.

How can I get rid of this guy? Should I just quit helping my friend so that this guy will quit calling me?

Archived