Question? How to get PVP to quit calling?

mapsmith

Been surfing the net looking for a cruise for the winter. Got on Carnival's site. Didn't really find anything exciting yet. Two days later I get a call from "my" PVP. Called at work. Told her I will call when I find something I like. But nothing attracted my attention yet.

So EVERY WEEK, she has been calling me at work asking if I am ready to book. (She also has emailed me several times asking if I am ready to book a specific Cruise. But that is another story)

Today she called again, one of my employees answered and told me who it was. I replied to have the employee tell her I will call when I am ready. And to not call back.

THE PVP exploded at my employee (not to me) saying that I gave this number in my profile and that SHE was supposed to call me on a regular Basis..

Now I am ticked.

Should I escalate this. I am thinking of posting this to John's Blog to see what he thinks.

Opinions please.

Been surfing the net looking for a cruise for the winter. Got on Carnival's site. Didn't really find anything exciting yet. Two days later I get a call from "my" PVP. Called at work. Told her I will call when I find something I like. But nothing attracted my attention yet.

So EVERY WEEK, she has been calling me at work asking if I am ready to book. (She also has emailed me several times asking if I am ready to book a specific Cruise. But that is another story)

Today she called again, one of my employees answered and told me who it was. I replied to have the employee tell her I will call when I am ready. And to not call back.

THE PVP exploded at my employee (not to me) saying that I gave this number in my profile and that SHE was supposed to call me on a regular Basis..

Now I am ticked.

Should I escalate this. I am thinking of posting this to John's Blog to see what he thinks.

Opinions please.

They Lie. They will take your cell phone# from your contact info from your reservation (not your profile) and call you on that. I was on their Don't Call list. JNow, they're call my cell again.

When you go to their web site, and you are "logged in", the PVP is notified that you are looking at their site.. that's how they get their sales leads.. tracking you.

Log out of the CC site and don't log in when viewing their web site.

I learned the hard way that they monitor your activity on their website and call a lot. I actually switched to a different browser where I searched without providing identifying information. For the relentless PVP, I told him I was going on Princess this year. Same parent so they can't complain, but they dont have access to see if I'm telling the truth.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Heck mine never calls guess he has plenty of business. But he's on point when I need him even on a Saturday while he's at the dry cleaners.

But I am easy, already know ship, cabin, rate, etc....do miss my old PVP that called with last minute deals!

If one calls me, I'll probably lose my mind on them after an experience with someone at Carnival tonight. I've booked online recently and I don't think they really bother with "those" people as much as those who call in.

I had similar situation, PVP kept calling me every time I would look on Carnival site, on my cell phone which is my business phone, emails etc. Tried to tell him I'd call when ready but he couldn't wait I suppose and kept calling. WELL..... when I was ready I purposely booked direct using Carnival's site. Haven't heard from him since and I've still been browsing at other cruises and haven't heard from him or any PVPs at all. I'm glad to be done with them!

Now I am ticked.

Opinions please.

I suggest yelling alot on the phone :)

Ask him/her for a cell phone number so you can call them when they are eating dinner

Its actually kinda fun .They stop calling too

I love my PVP so can't really relate. I'm always super excited to hear his voice, with it's east coast accent! :D

Its alittle different when you know your PVP and book with them.We always book online and every once in awhile we get a PVP assigned to us and they call about 15 times a day until I flip my lid

I'd inform her that she has succeeded in ensuring that you will NOT book with her, that she is harassing you, and that you will file a formal complaint with her management. Then just screen her calls or pick it up and immediately hang up every time she calls. Waste her time.

I have so many telemarketing calls from timeshare that I own (and everyone else that they sold my number to), that I stopped answering my cell phone unless I recognize the number.

I actually had a cruise booked (booked myself as an agent, so not sure why they didn't see that part!), and then I'd log into my "client" account on the carnival site to access my reservation as a guest to fill out online check in or see excursions, etc. And sometimes I'd use their cruise search while still logged in to check the pricing on the cruise I had booked to see if there was a price drop. I ended up getting calls every week or less it seemed. Told them, I'm an agent and I've already booked, they apologise, and then I'd get another call a few days later from another one of them, same thing!

Finally last time, I told the woman, "look I'm already booked, and I booked it myself. I've had you guys call a lot now and each time I tell you not to call, because I'm already booked".

Finally this one had some sense and made a note on my account about not to call, and I haven't gotten another one since.

Soooo..... maybe just ask them to note on your account that you do not want to be called?

Since you are being harassed by a Carnival Employee, you should call the 1-800 number and ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them your story. Also if the person calls again tell them that you will not be doing business with them IF you decide to book a cruise with Carnival.

My story:

I also dislike sales calls of any type. When I registered on Carnival website, we first got calls to voice mail, (we screen all our calls) then the PVP e-mailed saying "we tried to contact you by phone and we missed you." After the second round I e-mailed her back and told her that we do not want sales calls at home, and would contact Carnival if we decided to book. I later booked the cruise online. Did not get any more calls before the cruise from her that round (I had already booked so she had no reason to call) but did get an upsale call.

Fast forward to April of this year. Started looking again for a cruise. Within a few hours we got a call to our voice mail and then another follow up e-mail. I called her shortly after that to book the cruise. I had the cruise almost all booked when I raised the issue to her about the phone calls. I informed her that I did not want ANY phone calls from Carnival. She informed me that it was not possible to honor my request. I told her to cancel the booking then, that I did not want to book at this time if it meant that I would get calls from Carnival. She asked me to hold and came back after a wait to inform me that she was able to put me on their do not call list, with the exception of last minute calls for ship delays, weather delays etc.

Now I am ticked.

Opinions please.

I had this happen with another cruise line. I told the PVP that I'm sorry I already booked with another line and am no longer interested!

I've got a great PVP. He has never cold called me but is always eager to help me if I run into a problem. that's how I got him. My regular PVP was on vacation and this guy went out of his way to straighten out my problem. When my regular PVP lft the company the first thing I did was call my present guy. SO, there are PVP's and pvp's, OP needs to fire present one.

Go to your profile, and change the number listed to some bogus number.

End of story...

Not a bad idea but isn't this number also used as contact info for changes.

Friends got called on their cell the morning of their cruise to tell them that ship was delayed because of fog and to show up after 3 PM.

Wouldn't Carnival use the number in their profile or is this a different number?

How about get on the phone once say please do not call me at work and I will call when ready to book.

Does not seem as you ever bothered to do this.

Worked for me after saying it 5 times. A little annoying but not a big deal.

Each call was 45 seconds and told them to put me on the "Do not call" list. Haven't been called lately.

I go on the CCL all the time looking at cruises and my PVP never calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OIIIO

It's probably because you have a couple of cruises booked for the future, because the same thing happens to me. I have noticed that as soon as I have a cruise booked, the calls stop coming. I can go on the site 10x a day and I don't get a call. But as soon as my next cruise is complete and I'm back on the site looking for my next, I will get numerous calls a day from the dreaded "305" area code.

When my PVP was new, he called me. I told him upfront, do NOT call. I told him I would call him when I was ready. Period. And he has honored that request.

A year or so ago, I got online and looked at various cruises when another person called and then emailed saying they were my PVP. I called my PVP and asked if I had been reassigned. He told me no and asked me to forward him the email, which I did. I haven't been bothered again.

Can understand why they call once just doing their jobs to follow up after they see you visited the website.

Once you tell them to please not call you and that you will call them when ready to talk they will generally honor that request.

Avoiding phone calls does not necessarily give that message to a salesperson.

My first PVP was great in the beginning. Not pesty, very helpful, cheerfully answered my few questions. Next cruise, we had a couple who booked with us. They were newbies and had quite a few questions. We called maybe 4 times in 2 months with questions. He acted like we were bothering him, lots of sighs before he answered. Once we boarded, we discovered most of his info was wrong. He is no longer with Carnival and a new PVP inherited us. She is more knowledgable and responds very quickly the couple of times I've left messages.

But if I happen to look at another cruise I know that there will be a message on my answering machine within 12 hours from her! She is relententless. We never answer if we have a cruise booked or if the message says she is calling about helping plan a new cruise. I feel kinda of rude about ignoring her but if I get the info I need from the website there's really no need to waste my time telling her why I was on the website.

Heck mine never calls guess he has plenty of business. But he's on point when I need him even on a Saturday while he's at the dry cleaners.

Exactly this with my guy too, and I must have logged onto the website 1,000 times in the two years since my last Carnival cruise. When I was ready to book this one I had to call HIM! We've mostly communicated by e-mail since, but I really like him - friendly but exceedingly professional and very efficient in serving my needs. We live in a hugely different time zone and I've had him respond from home or wherever several times. Big :(:mad: that we can't do referrals for them on CC.

Archived