Riveria Dining nights. What is a good night to book a specialty dining on a 10 day

ksrs11

We will be traveling on Riveria for the first time on O in January. I was wondering about the menu on the main dining. Can anyone share what was on the menu on the different nights. The other thing was we are in a oceanview room in 6067 can anyone let us know about it?

The menu changes daily. Most people try to book specialty restaurants on sea days or days with an early sailing. It is easier to book the restaurants on shore days therefore. Since you are in an oceanview cabin your booking window is later than concierge class passengers and you will find the times are limited. There are no bad days in the main dining room and you can always go to the terrace DR if nothing strikes you fancy.

The other thing was we are in a oceanview room in 6067 can anyone let us know about it?

Well not really because it does not exist ;)

Check the numbers again

They are the same as the balcony cabins only without the balcony & you have a view of the top of the lifeboats

As for the GDR menus there is no set menu for specific nights

...book your specialty restaurant & if you see something on the GDR menu you cannot live without call an cancel your Specialty dining reservation

The menus are available in the Morning for viewing in the TERRACE (or they use to be)

Enjoy

Well not really because it does not exist ;)

Check the numbers again

They are the same as the balcony cabins only without the balcony & you have a view of the top of the lifeboats

As for the GDR menus there is no set menu for specific nights

...book your specialty restaurant & if you see something on the GDR menu you cannot live without call an cancel your Specialty dining reservation

The menus are available in the Morning for viewing in the TERRACE (or they use to be)

Enjoy

181745.jpg

There IS a 6067 on the Regatta, but it is not an Oceanview, it is a veranda cabin:

182111.jpg might that be the ship that you are sailing on?

We will be traveling on Riveria for the first time on O in January. I was wondering about the menu on the main dining. Can anyone share what was on the menu on the different nights. The other thing was we are in a oceanview room in 6067 can anyone let us know about it?

Any night is a good night to eat anywhere on Riviera..

Jancruz1

I apologize for asking as this is somewhat only tangential to the topic but I'm also interested in the best times to book speciality dinners. Our first O cruise will be in November and we have a second booked in 2013.

I've learned from reading CC that the average age is somewhat older on O and I wonder if perhaps there is a better chance of scoring additional reservations in the speciality restaurants if you're open to late reservations. Is it fair to say that the older demographics imply that demand skews toward "early bird" dining times?

I apologize for asking as this is somewhat only tangential to the topic but I'm also interested in the best times to book speciality dinners. Our first O cruise will be in November and we have a second booked in 2013.

I've learned from reading CC that the average age is somewhat older on O and I wonder if perhaps there is a better chance of scoring additional reservations in the speciality restaurants if you're open to late reservations. Is it fair to say that the older demographics imply that demand skews toward "early bird" dining times?

Actually, I find that the early times are easier to book for some reason - perhaps most people like a cocktail before dinner?

It also improves your chances for additional reservations if you are flexible with time and table sharing.

My advice is to book your specialty restaurant reservations on-line on the earliest possible date, which is 45 days prior to sailing for those in verandah rooms. That is especially true on shorter (10 or 7 day) cruises.

The last segment we did in August was a 10 night cruise. 45 days prior to sailing, there were only 2 nights in which on-line reservations were available for Jacques...and for each the only time available was 6:30.

When we were on Oceania, the passenger age skewed older (say 60+ average) but these folks did not shy away from late dining. The only incentive for early dining is to make the show after dinner.

For those who were off the ship all day on excursion, returning at 4 or 5 pm was not unusual, and then you want to unwind, shower and change prior to dinner, maybe have a cocktail before in the lounge. We most often had 8:30 pm dinner time and the dining rooms were jumping until 11 pm. Good times!:)

And yes, as Aruba mentions, book your reservations online ahead of time. We booked for "at sea" days whenever possible. However, the best laid plans often go astray. If you meet others you'd like to join for dinner, one of your parties will have to cancel their reservation and see if they can be added to one of the existing reservations of the other party. They do count every person's reservations and you can't "double up" by joining others. It also happened that the Main Dining Room had excellent, creative menus and sometimes we just preferred their menu du jour. So cancelled reservations again. And last, we frequently arrived at the MDR about 7:00 to 8:00 and there was a line, so the maitre'd called specialty restaurants for openings and we got extra shots that way. Happened 3 or 4 times during the 2 week cruise. ;)

Archived