Freedom after the Allure--Will we be disappointed?

Last spring break we did the Allure with the kids and LOVED it! Wanted to do Oasis this year for spring break but it was sold out. This year we are thinking of going on Freedom. Are we going to be disappointed after the Allure?

Trying to decide if we should give Freedom a crack or do Disney's newest ship the Fantasy.

Thoughts?

No way will you be disappointed. The Freedom is better in so many ways. Tried the Oasis,Freedom gets our vote.

I could not agree more! After Allure, I appreciated the Freedom class even more. In my opinion there is not a better class to sail than the Freedom class!

I also sailed on the Allure of the Seas followed by the Freedom of the Seas. I wasn't disappointed with the Freedom of the Seas and may have actually had a better time on her. The service we got on the Freedom of the Seas was better than we've had on many previous cruises.

I'm looking forward to sailing on her again in October.

I could not agree more! After Allure, I appreciated the Freedom class even more. In my opinion there is not a better class to sail than the Freedom class!

I'm with you on that one. DH prefers Oasis/Allure, but my preference is Freedom class. I feel that there is more of a connection with the ocean having more of a ship feel than floating resort like the Oasis/Allure while still offering many of the features on the bigger ones.

I will stray from the pack here and say I was slightly disappointed in my Liberty post Oasis & Allure cruises. There was nothing "wrong" with it per say but I love my Oasis and Allure... I found the Liberty more crowded, not as 'logical' in layout and definitely missed the Park Cafe but on the other hand loved the fully open air solarium.

We did it on a B2B so cruise 2 was a repeat of cruise 1 with entertainment and MDR offerings so that may have put a damper on it in addition to knowing I would be back on my beloved Oasis in another couple months.

Overall from what i've read/heard people LOVE LOVE LOVE Freedom so I might just have to get on it one of these years ;)

I'm with you on that one. DH prefers Oasis/Allure, but my preference is Freedom class. I feel that there is more of a connection with the ocean having more of a ship feel than floating resort like the Oasis/Allure while still offering many of the features on the bigger ones.
Our opinion of the Oasis is that it is like being in a high rise building instead of on a ship.:eek:

Just back from Freedom 8/19 Western Caribbean sailing. Been on Allure twice and Oasis once. You will not be dissapointed with Freedom. The biggest difference is the passengers. On Freedom 90% American and Canadian. Allure many international passengers. Bigger is not always better.

I have been on every ship manyof them more than once.I love the Oasis and Alure.Freedom class uis next. I will be happier when they put the Park cae on it. The other ships aretoo small. You will be happy on the Freedom. We will be back on the Freedom in January. Have great cruise. BTW Disney is way too expensive.

Everyone is in a mindset that the larger the ship the better the cruise.

Personally I think 6000 people + 2500 crew is a little crowded.

If you really like cruising than smaller ships are great.

If you want a novelty than the Oasis is for you..

Last spring break we did the Allure with the kids and LOVED it! Wanted to do Oasis this year for spring break but it was sold out. This year we are thinking of going on Freedom. Are we going to be disappointed after the Allure?

Trying to decide if we should give Freedom a crack or do Disney's newest ship the Fantasy.

Thoughts?

We have been on the Allure but not the Freedom. Loved the Allure. However, if you have young kids I would not hesitate to try the new Disney ship. We took our (then) 9 year old granddaughter on the Disney Dream and we all LOVED it! Especially if you have never been on a Disney ship, you should do it while the kids are still young. No one does it quite like Disney, IMHO. Just my 2 cents worth :)

Thoughts?

oh my gosh what a fab trip you gonna have what a great ship boy is she a big beauty woman she is... one of the best ships we been on... never a disapointment. make sure you go to the Cafe from 11-2 in the Central Park section for the best Roastbeef sandwiches, all free even the chips... drink is extra soda but water is free and koolade.

but ur gonna love it... we did we stayed at the balcony central park, quiet and the birds made us fall asleep at night... great ship... want to go again... but try to find a new location and I am on board.

:D

I had the same concerns as the OP when I went from the Oasis to the Explorer. I ended up having a blast on the Explorer and I am looking forward to going back on her in March. However I am REALLY looking forward to going on the Allure in 2 weeks. The Oasis class is by far my favorite but I love the Freedom & Voyager class as well.

I don't think I'll go on anything smaller than the Voyager class however.

oh my gosh what a fab trip you gonna have what a great ship boy is she a big beauty woman she is... one of the best ships we been on... never a disapointment. make sure you go to the Cafe from 11-2 in the Central Park section for the best Roastbeef sandwiches, all free even the chips... drink is extra soda but water is free and koolade.

but ur gonna love it... we did we stayed at the balcony central park, quiet and the birds made us fall asleep at night... great ship... want to go again... but try to find a new location and I am on board.

The OP said they were on the Allure already.

I had the same concerns as the OP when I went from the Oasis to the Explorer. I ended up having a blast on the Explorer and I am looking forward to going back on her in March. However I am REALLY looking forward to going on the Allure in 2 weeks. The Oasis class is by far my favorite but I love the Freedom & Voyager class as well.

I don't think I'll go on anything smaller than the Voyager class however.

Good to know the Explorer doesn't disappoint!! Hubby and I will be sailing her in March also!

The Allure was outstanding! Have a great cruise:)

We had the same worries after booking the Freedom after LOVING our cruise on the Oasis. We had been on most of the other classes but skipped the Freedom class before the Oasis cruise.

We had a WONDERFUL cruise on the Freedom - not a moment of disappointment. The main thing we missed was Central Park and the Park Cafe. But we really enjoyed the more relaxed week that we had - we didn't have that need to be so scheduled and running from one thing to the next like on the Oasis, yet we were never bored. We did the Western Caribbean, and really liked getting back to Grand Cayman, along with the other ports we had on the Oasis Western.

She's still sparkly, new, fun, and beautiful!

We're heading next to the Allure since we're really looking forward to the changes made since the Oasis, but now have no qualms about heading to an 'older' ship (the Adventure) the cruise after that.

Hi,

I cruised on the Allure of the Seas in September 2011 and then the Liberty of the Seas (the Freedom's sister) in December 2011. I greatly enjoyed both cruises and was not disappointed by the Liberty of the Seas in the least. Both ships have their pluses and minuses, but they are excellent ships.

Chuck

Did you even read what the OP said?

Archived