On cruises in the Caribbean

Crusin Hogs

Yes, sort of. There is an island party one night on the deck. There's music and dance. Sometimes there's food out there depending on the ship. One night they have a champagne waterfall in the atrium and there's a party that follows. Depending on the CD, there is usually a country night or oldies rock night, etc., but it's mostly music and I don't really ever see people wearing theme clothing for them.

Yes, but don't worry about bringing proper dress, almost nobody does, just show up. They have the Ultimate Deck Party, (this is an exception, most people have shorts, T shirts, Island shirts which they bring along for normal wear) which has a live band, regular dancing, plus line dancing. No food on any recent cruises we have been on, but you can get all the food you want in the Buffet right next door, as well as pizza and soft ice cream right on the deck. There may also be a 50's/60's party and C&W line dance party indoors, depending on the length of the voyage. They are about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour long. If you go during a Holiday there will be holiday parties.

One of our Cruise Critic friends brought along costumes for the themed nights on our Crown cruise last December. She was mistaken for a member of the cruise director's staff. I did not see any other passengers go all out like she did. But she has a great time doing it, so I say go for it if it's something you'd like to do.

Archived