need help/advice on shipping a package to NCL Spirit

happier

Might want to ask on the NCL or Ports of Call boards.

It can take 6 weeks or longer to get packages to Europe and it is very expensive. Cheaper to pay the extra bag fee. You also need to be aware of what can and cannot be sent to Spain.

In the States we cannot mail to ships but we can mail to hotels.

thanks all

called ncl assistance desk-very lovely person, btw,called me back

said no way to do this in Barcelona port, but offered to look to see if I could obtain the articles in a shop there.

The other problem is Spanish Customs. They could keep your box in their possession for weeks and then charge you huge amounts for Custom's fees. I've experienced that a few years ago.

yikes!!!

As someone who lives in Spain and has had two dire experiences of importing something from outside the EU I would implore you not to consider it. My first experience involved importing a piece of electrical equipment worth $200 that then cost me in excess of €300 additional charges for agents and customs fees and dues. Do not do it! If you can send the item to a contact in another EU country and then have it sent on.

Customs is a good point on shipping internationally. I have a friend who does camera work for the movies. Since their equipment goes with them on flights they often ship their personal belongings. One of his guys shipped his clothes to Canada and Canada held up the shipment then refused it. Apparently they wouldn't let him shipped use clothes to himself.

I once had to ship my mother's remote control for her garage door from Canada to the US (we accidently brought it on vacation with us). Customs wanted to charge me duty on the value of the remote control... BUT they decided that the value was the cost of the garage door since you wouldn't need the opener without the door. I told them "why stop there? charge me for the cost of the whole house since the garage was attached to the house!". I can't remember the exact custom cost but it was over $100 for a used garage door opener. I ended up driving down to Washington state and mailing it from there.

Archived