Grand Turk beach - away from Margaritaville

NCTribeFan

Go left down the beach from the port and pay a visit to the local village bar, it's the bar with the huge sign listing beer for $3.50. These guys are way cool. They even have a free bus tour around the island, just tip the driver.

Thanks, but my thread wasn't about going to the bars north of the dock area. There are already dozens of threads about that!

Not trying to be too territorial, but more than one person semi-hijacked the thread.

If someone has a question or comment unrelated to the original post, they should search to see if there is already a thread on the subject and ask there, or start a new one.

Hey, I used to be a moderator on a board. Keeping threads on topic is important. Otherwise, how will people know where to find pertinent information? Burying "new" questions within a thread doesn't help the next person who may have a similar question.

OK, moderator-mode off! :p

When I return in 1 month, I'll post a thorough review on the Carnival board, with plenty of pics (assuming my phone doesn't jump overboard like it did on the last cruise). :D

Thanks, but my thread wasn't about going to the bars north of the dock area. There are already dozens of threads about that!

Not trying to be too territorial, but more than one person semi-hijacked the thread.

If someone has a question or comment unrelated to the original post, they should search to see if there is already a thread on the subject and ask there, or start a new one.

Hey, I used to be a moderator on a board. Keeping threads on topic is important. Otherwise, how will people know where to find pertinent information? Burying "new" questions within a thread doesn't help the next person who may have a similar question.

OK, moderator-mode off! :p

When I return in 1 month, I'll post a thorough review on the Carnival board, with plenty of pics (assuming my phone doesn't jump overboard like it did on the last cruise). :D

NCTribeFan,

Not trying to be a smart alec, but I'm guilty as charged and I apologize for semi-hijacking your original thread. :) I tried to be direct with answers to your specific question about the beach to the right of the pier, but I realize I got off topic in answering a few other questions and corresponding with others. May I make it up to you with this?

A picture from the pier of the chairs to the right just before the smaller pier

DSCF0475.jpg

I hope you have a wonderful time. :)

Snarky! :D

I found ALL of the information on this thread helpful! Thanks all!:)

Oh no....seriously, I wasn't trying to be snarky. :) The original poster asked a question and I tried to answer it. With that, others posted questions to my response and I answered them too, then I started "chatting" with someone else about "Cruise Critic Addictions". We did hijack the thread, even if unintentional. Glad you found the information helpful.

Oh no....seriously, I wasn't trying to be snarky. :) The original poster asked a question and I tried to answer it. With that, others posted questions to my response and I answered them too, then I started "chatting" with someone else about "Cruise Critic Addictions". We did hijack the thread, even if unintentional. Glad you found the information helpful.

Lol! Not you being snarky! No way! I think you and I posted at the same time. There is a snarky post just above your's. No biggie. Good information abounds on this thread!!! Thank you to all contributing. :D

Snarky! :D

I found ALL of the information on this thread helpful! Thanks all!:)

I had the pleasure of Visiting Grand Turk on the 22 of September. What a beautiful place it was. All the information I got from here was so helpful. Took a taxi frome exactly where someone directed us to go "Anthony" our driver took us to the lighthouse waited for us and took us thru a tour of the town. He even laughed at me when he almost threw me from my seat when he made a "QUICK" stop for a donkey in the road I had forgotten about them. Even got to do a little bartering when i shopped in town. My better half and I most definatly will be back.

THANKS FOR EVERYONE HELP:D

• 1 month later...

Right, so my comment about NOT bringing in NEW information or questions into a thread doesn't seem to have gotten through. It isn't that the info isn't valuable, it's that the thread title wouldn't reveal that there is other info, so OTHERS might not find valuable information if they were just reading through the thread titles!

OK, so, we were in GT on 10/30. We were supposed to be there from 7-2, but thanks to Hurrican Sandy (this was Leg 2 of my B2B), we had HMC cancelled the next day, so we stayed at GT until 5.

I'm a little hesistant to comment about that area south of the dock, because I LOVED it there! I don't want people to know about it because I want to keep it all to myself! :p

The surf was very, very rough and high. We decided to walk through the shopping area, through the parking lot, out to the road, and down the dirt road to Boaby Rock Point.

There were tons of shells. Most, of course, were broken. Buddy did find one she wanted to bring home. We decided to brave the surf and walk back to the "civilized" beach area along the shore. We got slammed pretty hard a couple of times. I would've felt really stupid if I'd been dragged out to sea and drowned! :eek:

Seriously, it was probably a stupid thing to do. The surf was dangerous that day. But it was beautiful.

So we hung out on the beach for a little while, went back to the ship at noon for lunch and to meet up with DD (they did the independent horseback riding and ended up having a private tour). Back out after lunch and just sat and read.

There were a few people, but NOTHING like it is if you head north up the beach.

Please don't tell others about this! ;)

8154011335_408b99fd09_z.jpg

8154036998_37d4d197c5_z.jpg

8154001477_4a29e26b0b_z.jpg

Archived