Is DCL the only one cancelling Western Caribbean?

eskiemomo

Our Western Caribbean cruise next year (out of Galveston) has had a significant itinerary change! No more Cancun, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and now the whole thing is going to Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral :mad:

Does anyone know if there are widespread security concerns for those areas? Are other lines also cancelling those ports? they changed it so much we are going to cancel, it's completely a different cruise

Our Western Caribbean cruise next year (out of Galveston) has had a significant itinerary change! No more Cancun, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and now the whole thing is going to Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral :mad:

Does anyone know if there are widespread security concerns for those areas? Are other lines also cancelling those ports? they changed it so much we are going to cancel, it's completely a different cruise

They made adjustments on the Galveston cruises based, apparently, on guest comments. Many people expressed a desire to go to CC. And have shorter cruise options, also.

As to the "regular" Western that the Fantasy does, I'm not aware of any change.

:)

I think it was more to meet the requests of their client base to go to Castaway and not anything to do with security issues.

The Fantasy will still be doing a true Western Itinerary - and the Magic and the Wonder will be doing shorter Western cruises next year from Miami as well

They made adjustments on the Galveston cruises based, apparently, on guest comments. Many people expressed a desire to go to CC. And have shorter cruise options, also.

This. So many of us begged DCL for cruises with Castaway Cay as a stop. And a day at WDW too?!? Holy cow, we are over the moon!!! Every other cruise out of Galveston goes to pretty much the same Western Caribbean ports -- kudos to DCL for listening to their customers! :)

I do, however, think they handled it totally wrong... I was booked on one of those 8-nights that suddenly became a 4-night, and had to pay more to change to a sailing 2 weeks later. But the OBC they're giving us is nice and helps make up the difference, as do the park hoppers being thrown in. My son & I are so excited about the changes, we're just beside ourselves. :D

-gina-

The ship was originally going to Cozumel, not Cancun. The new itinerary also goes to Key West.

I can understand the appeal of sailing to Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral from Galveston, but DCL should've waited until 2014 to change the itinerary.

I'm chuckling about the guest demand part of Disney's explanation for the change. I'd interpret that comment as "guests weren't booking the other itinerary so we changed it to one we hope will attract more customers".

I'm chuckling about the guest demand part of Disney's explanation for the change. I'd interpret that comment as "guests weren't booking the other itinerary so we changed it to one we hope will attract more customers".

Well, that's the way the cruiselines figure out which are the more profitable itineraries. Noting wrong with that. But I do agree they should have waited for the 2014 release to make the changes.

:)

I agree that the new itinerary is more appealing to me than the old. Key West and Castaway Cay are my favorite ports on the Western Caribbean sailing. Costa Maya and Cozumel just aren't "all that" for me. And the free day pass for Disney World is awesome, especially for folks who have never been.

Archived