Grand Voyage billing

Lady Chew

I have posted this on our roll call, but this might be faster ...

... perhaps someone who has been on a Grand Voyage knows the answer ... we are working on getting our bills & such taken care of while we'll be gone on our 75 day voyage ...

(I know that we can request a copy of our statement from Guest Services at any time to review it.)

Will we get a copy in our room at the end of each of the segments? Will the balance due simply roll over into the next segment statement, and we'll get a whopping big bill at the end of the 75 days, or does HAL bill our credit card at the end of each segment, and we start again with a zero balance?

thanks!!

It is your choice. They can charge your credit card at the end of each segment or you may choose to wait and have the entire amount charged to your credit card at the end of the cruise. You will receive periodic statement updates, once a segment, at least.

I have posted this on our roll call, but this might be faster ...

... perhaps someone who has been on a Grand Voyage knows the answer ... we are working on getting our bills & such taken care of while we'll be gone on our 75 day voyage ...

(I know that we can request a copy of our statement from Guest Services at any time to review it.)

Will we get a copy in our room at the end of each of the segments? Will the balance due simply roll over into the next segment statement, and we'll get a whopping big bill at the end of the 75 days, or does HAL bill our credit card at the end of each segment, and we start again with a zero balance?

thanks!!

Laura - delighted to see that you are doing this - you are accomplishing all of your goals:D Smooth seas and good health and great cruises to both of you:)

It is your choice. They can charge your credit card at the end of each segment or you may choose to wait and have the entire amount charged to your credit card at the end of the cruise. You will receive periodic statement updates, once a segment, at least.

... and you can ask for updates along the way.... I asked for an invoice every couple of weeks so I could double check (and also watch my spending) and then got the whole thing charged to my card when I disembarked... at least I was not surprised.

Susan

We have always had the charge applied to our credit card at the end of the cruise. They did not ask what we wished and we said nothing -- that is just what they have done. We also received periodic statements -- as I recall we had to fix errors on each periodic statement right away as I think they sort of close accounts periodically but they did not charge our card.

However, you can get a statement quickly and easily whenever you wish by going to the front desk and requesting one. They print it right up for you. We always check our statement a couple of days after boarding to be sure that the on board credits, etc are correct -- while there is still time to fix it.

We have never had an issue getting corrections applied right away. Always done with a smile.

Laura - delighted to see that you are doing this - you are accomplishing all of your goals:D Smooth seas and good health and great cruises to both of you:)

thanks, Jacqui! Less than a month to go ... I can hardly stand it!

We have always had the charge applied to our credit card at the end of the cruise. They did not ask what we wished and we said nothing -- that is just what they have done. We also received periodic statements -- as I recall we had to fix errors on each periodic statement right away as I think they sort of close accounts periodically but they did not charge our card.

However, you can get a statement quickly and easily whenever you wish by going to the front desk and requesting one. They print it right up for you. We always check our statement a couple of days after boarding to be sure that the on board credits, etc are correct -- while there is still time to fix it.

We have never had an issue getting corrections applied right away. Always done with a smile.

Oh yes, we always check our statement several times during a cruise. I wish HAL would go to the interactive tv mode, but we'll manage! We've only had a few issues, easily corrected, but the last cruise I let Mr Chew check the statement ... :eek: ... and he missed a bogus charge from one of the bars at Half Moon Cay. We hadn't gotten off the ship at all. It wasn't too big, but ... lesson learned. I will check them myself from now on!

Archived