NCL Itinerary to Port Canaveral/Orlando - What did you do?

roe2ship

I should add if going on this and getting in at noon, I'd rent a car or taxi it over to KSC, take the bus to the outer area where they have the launch simulation - I think that is the LCC. There are also some places to see the ISS in a different builiding. Then I'd head back to the main area, do the shuttle experience and maybe an IMAX if time allowed.

The buses run loops and you can do as much or as little on the route as you want - you are on your own schedule. You'd also have to coordinate the rental as some close early.

• 7 months later...

We sailed the Gem on 5/25-6/1. (Great cruise) I could not stomach the excursion cost to go to Disney for the day ($452 for 2 adults and 1 kid)... Totally not worth it in my book for only a few hours. So, what we did was rented a car from a national car agency for about $57 (including a fee for a car seat). A shuttle picked us up at the ship and took us to the agency to get the car.

We drove to "Downtown Disney" (about 1 hr from PC). There is no cost to visit Downtown Disney. We had a pretty fun day, nice lunch, lots of shopping. We rode the water taxi (DD loved that) and would have rode the high flyer if it was open (high wind). DD got away with a lot of Disney swag without paying all those fees. (We are going to Disney next year for vacation anyway...)

We left there around 7, back to the agency around 8 or so. Taxis were already waiting there for us (since the agency was closed at that time) but they gave us cards for the taxi services. He took us back to the ship for about $15.

I was pretty happy overall with how it all turned out and cost less than $100 instead of $452

~Intrepid <--Friend of Mickey.

Space Shuttle Atlantis is now on display at KSC's visitor center. I haven't seen it yet (although I used to work on Atlantis @ KSC), but have heard the display is awesome! I would highly recommend this & the KSC launch experience @ the visitor center is quite fun.

Archived