Air Deviation Fee

yorkiemomjn

I just found out from our TA that the fee has increased from $125 pp to $150 pp. :(

But we've both learned that in certain situations, that $150 can be the best money that we've ever spent.........isn't that right Judy?

Don't make me remind you- :rolleyes:

But we've both learned that in certain situations, that $150 can be the best money that we've ever spent.........isn't that right Judy?

Don't make me remind you- :rolleyes:

Absolutely! We got the itinerary we had requested and at no extra cost!!!! I'm not complaining! Also, our wonderful TA was able to get the price increase waived for us. :). I just thought I'd let others know since this is a recent price increase. We will be upgrading to the Economy Plus seats as soon as we are able to do so.

Unless you've already flown in Economy Comfort and know what it is, I don't think that I would bother. We were VERY disappointed.

We have and felt it was somewhat better than coach. Every inch helps on such a long flight. We are just not willing to pay thousands of dollars more for Business class.

I found KLM's EC worth the extra $$...may not be worth it to everyone but on a long haul flight the little extra space is worth it to us

We got lucky this year & DH asked at check in if there were any space in Business class ...it was well worth the extra $$ still less than full BIZ fare ;)

I had booked the flights myself ...might be worth asking at check in

Lyn

I found KLM's EC worth the extra $$...may not be worth it to everyone but on a long haul flight the little extra space is worth it to us

We got lucky this year & DH asked at check in if there were any space in Business class ...it was well worth the extra $$ still less than full BIZ fare ;)

I had booked the flights myself ...might be worth asking at check in

Lyn

Thanks, Lynn, we will definitely do that! Worth a try!

If you have your air through Oceania how soon can you upgrade to Econmy Comfort..we do want to do this as have used it before on our own flights.

Sherry

The issue is that you have to be TICKETED (i.e. not simply "reserved") before Delta will permit the upgrade, and that typically happens at 90 days out when Final Payment for your cruise is made.

If you make your final payment earlier, Oceania will ticket your Air earlier (although there are limits as to how early), but at 90 days availability can be tough.

If you have your air through Oceania how soon can you upgrade to Econmy Comfort..we do want to do this as have used it before on our own flights.

Sherry

From reading about this here on CC, I think you can after final payment. You can ask your TA to check with O and ask if they will ticket you early.

From reading about this here on CC, I think you can after final payment. You can ask your TA to check with O and ask if they will ticket you early.

Until final payment there are no names on the record with the airlines just at Oceania..names are turned in when final is paid and you are ticketed..a lot of people prefer to pay final early to get special seats ..

Jancruz1

We have and felt it was somewhat better than coach. Every inch helps on such a long flight. We are just not willing to pay thousands of dollars more for Business class.

You did not say what airline you were flying (Economy Plus is a UA trademark).

But they do vary as someone mentioned KLM's is nice. So is AF and also Virgin. They are not just economy seats with a little extra legroom but a different seat with more width and more pitch.

But they do vary as someone mentioned KLM's is nice. So is AF and also Virgin. They are not just economy seats with a little extra legroom but a different seat with more width and more pitch.

Same for BA. Two across (window, aisle) instead of three but a *lot* more money than some of the inexpensive surcharges I have seen posted here. That was a long flight Vancouver to Milan via Heathrow. Heathrow to Milan was just regular seating. We did get a deal so not too bad and it was the first time I slept and actually enjoyed a flight in a long time. Had a few extra perks as well.

As PaulMCO points out, what you get (and the price) will vary by airline.

We are flying Delta.

ATL is a Gateway city (no additional charge for flights to/from)

If I choose to fly out of Memphis instead of Atlanta (and pay the 199.00) , is that considered an air deviation that then lets me chose my flights??

Thanks

J.

ATL is a Gateway city (no additional charge for flights to/from)

If I choose to fly out of Memphis instead of Atlanta (and pay the 199.00) , is that considered an air deviation that then lets me chose my flights??

Thanks

J.

A deviation is when you fly a different day that the begins or ends

If the cruise starts on Sunday & you opt to fly on Thurs that is a deviation

For overseas flight they do not count if you leave the day before to arrive the morning of the cruise as a deviation if they are an overnight flight Eg ATL to BCN you need to leave Sat if you will board the ship Sun

Your gateway city is no extra charge but Memphis would incur an extra charge because it is not one of Oceania's Gateway

They cannot have everyone's hometown as a gateway

Hope it does not confuse you more ;)

Archived