Grand Cayman Tender: Length of Time and All Aboard

vaitape

Don't want to be a straggler (too stressful!!) but do want to maximize our time there. Does tendering begin about 30 minutes after anchoring? This isn't our first cruise but I'll be darned if I can remember the interval from anchoring to tendering.

Another Grand Cayman question: Have you seen the Cruise Dispatcher office or a tourist assistance kiosk at the pier area?

Thanks for your help...

Yes, but the "all aboard" was an hour ahead :D

That last tender just mops up the stragglers

my last 2 stops in GC with Oceania were

2008 -last tender 3:15 departure 4:00 pm

2011 -last tender 4:30pm departure 5:00pm

according to the CURRENTS

most people set their watches to local time or what the ship has their public area clock set at ;)

Personally we are always back on the ship 1-2 hrs prior to all aboard time

do not want them calling our names :D

lyn

Don't want to be a straggler (too stressful!!) but do want to maximize our time there. Does tendering begin about 30 minutes after anchoring? This isn't our first cruise but I'll be darned if I can remember the interval from anchoring to tendering.

Another Grand Cayman question: Have you seen the Cruise Dispatcher office or a tourist assistance kiosk at the pier area?

Thanks for your help...

I think it starts as soon as they get clearance & tenders are ready maybe 30 mins ..I cannot recall as wee usually do not rush off

I think there is a tourist booth in the port area but I would just do your research before you go

There is a local bus across the road that will get you to the beach

We have been there a few times & just wander the streets :D

Lyn

Thanks Lyn. Last time we were in GC was 1983. We're going to revisit some of our old haunts (if they still exist) so we're renting a car.

We were told to go to the Cruise Dispatcher and they would call the agency to come collect us....

Thanks Lyn. Last time we were in GC was 1983. We're going to revisit some of our old haunts (if they still exist) so we're renting a car.

We were told to go to the Cruise Dispatcher and they would call the agency to come collect us....

When we were there last time they had just finished the new port area & there were several little buildings there so probably one will be what you are looking for

Enjoy

watch the traffic :eek:

Lyn

Thanks Lyn!

We need to look the "other way" first when crossing the street...among other things. Heard the traffic in George Town is pretty heavy. DH has had lots of experience driving on the "wrong side" of the road so we should do ok and I'm there always saying "Turn left Stay left" or "Turn right, Stay left". It helps when the car is right hand drive.

We hope our paths cross with yours someday soon.

ps/hi to Mikey!

We hope our paths cross with yours someday soon.

ps/hi to Mikey!

LOL

Mike will not even attempt to drive on the "wrong side"

We did that once in Bermuda ...

Hope we meet up again too

All the best to you both

Lyn

I think it starts as soon as they get clearance & tenders are ready maybe 30 mins ..I cannot recall as wee usually do not rush off

We're travelling to Grand Cayman by Oct 4th. It wasn't clear which of the 3 terminals we would dock at, but it's reassuring to know they're close to each other.

.. the listed port dock time in our itinerary was 8:00am. Does that mean our tenders won't actually get going till potentially 8:30am?

Reason I ask was that I was contemplating booking a stingray city tour with a listed 8:30am start-time. Is that pushing it? The next tour was a whopping 11:15am, which I felt was too much wasted time.

.. the listed port dock time in our itinerary was 8:00am. Does that mean our tenders won't actually get going till potentially 8:30am?

Reason I ask was that I was contemplating booking a stingray city tour with a listed 8:30am start-time. Is that pushing it? The next tour was a whopping 11:15am, which I felt was too much wasted time.

8:30 may be pushing it

You never know how long it will take to get off the ship

Another thing to consider Grand Cayman is often missed due to rough seas

If you book a private tour make sure you can get a refund if you have to pre pay

8:30 may be pushing it

You never know how long it will take to get off the ship

Another thing to consider Grand Cayman is often missed due to rough seas

If you book a private tour make sure you can get a refund if you have to pre pay

Completely agree. Also, does the oceania ship typically stay on ships time (EST) or would it adjust to local Grand Cayman time (AST) which is 1 hour ahead? If it stayed, then that means my ship actually docks at 8am EST = 7am AST.. that would give me the necessary time to tender.

Completely agree. Also, does the oceania ship typically stay on ships time (EST) or would it adjust to local Grand Cayman time (AST) which is 1 hour ahead? If it stayed, then that means my ship actually docks at 8am EST = 7am AST.. that would give me the necessary time to tender.

The ship changes it's clocks to match the local time. :)

Archived