1 port 2 excursions?

ladytiger96

First time cruiser, Carnival, 11 yr anniversary, 2 boys in tow, ages 6,10, balcony cabin.

Whew. Now for the excusrion question. Everyone wants to do something different, and I think I have a way to do it all.

MoBay: Hilton Rose Hall, AI

Grand Cay: Rays, Reef, Rum Point (my pick!)

Cozumel: Dolphin Swim (kids pick) AND ATVs (the hubs pick)

The private company in Coz says we should be fine. We port at 10, dolphins at 11 (1 hour) and ATV at 1 (3 hours), ship departs at 6. Sounds do-able....but am I missing something? We're so excited!

LT

First time cruiser, Carnival, 11 yr anniversary, 2 boys in tow, ages 6,10, balcony cabin.

Whew. Now for the excusrion question. Everyone wants to do something different, and I think I have a way to do it all.

The private company in Coz says we should be fine. We port at 10, dolphins at 11 (1 hour) and ATV at 1 (3 hours), ship departs at 6. Sounds do-able....but am I missing something? We're so excited!

LT

Be aware that ship time and island time could be one hour different.

You should be okay, but excursions o run late some of the time. I would arrive early for the dolphins to get started as early as possible.

Also, what about lunch, especially if the olphins runs late?

There is a dolphin at 10, but our ship docks at 10.

Was going to bring sandwiches from room service just in case we get "held up" and need a quick lunch.

Ship time and Coz time are both central time, as far as I know. Ship departs fromGalveston/central, and Coz is central. I will verify though.

6-7 ships in Coz that day on top of everything else!

It is possible that someone doesn't get to do what they want. :( We will see.

Was going to bring sandwiches from room service just in case we get "held up" and need a quick lunch.

Ship time and Coz time are both central time, as far as I know. Ship departs fromGalveston/central, and Coz is central. I will verify though.

The sandwiches may be a problem. Generally, they won't let you take food off ship. The exception would be packaged food like granola bars that you brought from home.

Cozumel custom regulations mandates that sandwiches or any unpackaged food cannot be taken off the ship onto land. I've been there when customs had dogs that were trained for sniffing food , just as there are drug sniffing dogs. So you may or may not be able to sneak sandwiches off the ship.

Also note that though the ship departs at 6:00Pm the ALL ABOARD TIME will be 5:15 Pm - 5:50PM. You need to check on board for exact time. Also the all aboard time can be earlier if it's a tender port . In that case the time of the last tender is key.

Ok, another plan. What if we book the dolphins, eat and try and find some last minute ATV excursion after? Note that there are at least 6 ships in port that day in December.

How far away is the ATV excursion from the ship. According to your 1st plan, your ATV excursion should end around 4pm. If you are really close to the ship, you might be ok. If you're 20 min or more away from the ship when it ends, I would either make a Plan B or end that one early.

I am not sure you will find a last minute ATV excursion that time of day. Once everyone is off the ship, all the tour guides that hang out right there leave for the day. I wouldn't recommend you aiming for that.

LT

Is it possible for you and the kids do the Dolphin Swim and your husband does the ATV? That is, if you husband really isn't interested in the Dolphin Swim. You can all take pictures and then share them later on the ship.

Archived