Hotel near St Pancras Train Station-Recommendations please!

stipmom

I have not stayed at this particular location but I am a big fan of Novotels. I've stayed at one in Paris and one in Southampton England. They are a great value. They are modern, with spacious rooms and modern bathrooms. None of that musty old smell that is common in many of the London Hotels- even the finest ones that I've stayed in. The Novotel model is more closely related to American style hotels.

http://www.pullmanhotels.com/gb/hotel-5309-pullman-london-st-pancras-previously-novotel/room.shtml

It also gets good ratings on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d192068-Reviews-Pullman_London_St_Pancras-London_England.html

stipmom, did you see my reply to you on your previous query? I recommended some hotels in the area for you - Novotel, Rennaisance St Pancras(at the station itself) and Radisson Edwardian Grafton. There are also more basic ones such as the Premier Inn. Please note that the Kings Cross area is not noted as being an attractive one for tourists although the area is improving and you may want a better quality of hotel to provide a more comfortable experience. It's a very lively area and can be a rowdy, hence my recommendations of a decent standard of accomodation.

• 1 month later...
Anyone know if there is anything to do in the area too ? (while we stay and wait to go to the port)

If you do mean in St Pancras itself (bearing in mind you are a handful of tube stops from everything that central London has to offer as Globaliser points out), check out the British Library. They have some interesting exhibitions.

I just meant in that actual area..(suburb?)
It's not a suburb. It's an inseparable part of central London. St Pancras is on the Circle Line, which is often regarded as marking the most central parts of central London. So this is almost as central as it gets.

If you're just looking for things that are a few minutes walk away, explore the area just to the east of Kings Cross station: north of Pentonville Road, east of York Way, west of Caledonian Road and south of the canal. Lots of nice things around there, including some good arty stuff at Kings Place, and good restaurants (a branch of one of my favourite tapas restaurants, for a start: Camino).

• 1 month later...

Renaissance at st pancras is fab hotel with great cocktail lounge. Holiday inn kings cross is good value and close by. Stayed in both and would visit either again. If nothing in immediate locality appeals (regents park is close by if you want a daytime stroll, ZSL London Zoo for a longer visit) then Westfield Stratford is a brand new big shopping mall at the gates of the Olympic park and is just one stop (5mins) from st pancras on the train using the southeastern rail service.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived