Platinum and getting to your cabins when boarding?

Elmo31

Just off the Freedom as Platinum and had no issue with going to our room at 12:15. We simply opened the doors and entered. We were stopped by an officer in white and showed our cards and he let us proceed, a couple who entered right behind us were asked to return the way they came as their room would not be ready until 1:30. When they protested that we were permitted to continue, the officer explained that we were VIP guests and our room was already prepared. When we arrived it was ready and all those around ours was not.

Its good to hear they have someone who will direct things and it went smooth. I might try it when I board Conquest in a couple of weeks.

@DaDivaMom, that is good to hear. DH and I are travelling on the Freedom in December and were planning to arrive to the port late so we don't have to cart our carryons around, but since they let platinum into the rooms early--will now plan to get there early.

Which ships is this getting in your cabin early available?

We are all VIP.

It's supposed to be only the Imagination and Liberty, but apparently others are pushing the envelope on other ships. There's a reason all the hall doors are closed.

It's supposed to be only the Imagination and Liberty, but apparently others are pushing the envelope on other ships. There's a reason all the hall doors are closed.

I guess some cruisers just fellow every single rule.. Good for you but dont fuss when someone else takes advantage of the rule

Just off the Freedom as Platinum and had no issue with going to our room at 12:15. We simply opened the doors and entered. We were stopped by an officer in white and showed our cards and he let us proceed, a couple who entered right behind us were asked to return the way they came as their room would not be ready until 1:30. When they protested that we were permitted to continue, the officer explained that we were VIP guests and our room was already prepared. When we arrived it was ready and all those around ours was not.

Too funny! Gotta start watching the boards and reviews from

a couple on the Freedom who were P.O.ed at not being allowed

to their rooms early! :)

Just off the Victory yesterday. First platinum cruise so I have no standard for comparison....

Platinum worked great in our opinion! We bypassed hoards of people at noon when boarding the ship and were checked in and on the ship in 5 minutes. We went straight to the room to check out the location and it was ready for us. No other rooms in the immediate area looked to be ready because the doors were all open so we assumed it was because of the platinum status.

Getting into that room was really a bonus! We unpacked, changed our clothes and headed to the lido with no luggage!! It was really nice!

Another platinum perk that was really a benefit was being seated immediately at Anytime Dining. We were running late one evening and showed up to eat at 8pm. They were turning people away who were in the line in front of us, telling them that the wait was around an hour. We gave our name expecting to have to come back and they had us stand to the side then seated us in a couple of minutes.

Platinum was a good experience.

i wonder if hoards will go under the radar this go round. :confused:

Well it worked and the officer permitted it. We have always been allowed to do so, pushing the envelope or not:rolleyes:

We have never tried that because it was never a perk offered, so we didn't want to bother the hard working stewards when we weren't supposed to.

I guess some cruisers just fellow every single rule.. Good for you but dont fuss when someone else takes advantage of the rule

Taking advantage of a rule, i.e., breaking a rule, can upset the whole thing, maybe Carnival would decide to really clamp down and even the rule breakers would be unable to break the rules, wouldn't they be upset? It's just not something I would try since you're not supposed to do it and it upsets the flow of cabin cleaning. Why do you think the doors are closed to keep the cruisers out of the area? If they wanted everyone in there, the doors would be open. I guess I'm just too honest of a person.

and you imply that I am NOT an honest person...please.

The doors will NEVER be open or the masses will enter. The platinum, diamond and FTTF will be told to open the door, just like I did. No harm, no foul.

Let's not get our panties in a wad over something so small.

A question was posed and I answered. You may not agree with the answer but there it is.

Well it worked and the officer permitted it. We have always been allowed to do so, pushing the envelope or not:rolleyes:

This has never been allowed and Ive been Platinum since your 3rd cruise:rolleyes:

Thats why the fire doors are closed and than the CD makes the announcement that we can now go to our cabins

We were on deck 8 - 8257 and there were no closed doors. I'm guessing it was about 1215 or 1230 when we got to the cabin.

The cabin is in an unusual spot and loud as hell I might add - I would not recommend this cabin - right at the elevator/stair opening.

We didn't look at any other deck.

Jonbdg....its something new that just started. I have never opened the doors before and always waited to 1:30 to head to the cabin. So that being said I just wanted to know if you are already platinum can we get to our cabins LEGALLY especially interested in destiny. This is something being allowed to FTTF people. Platinum people were not happy with them getting that perk so decided platinum would receive it too. Just want yo know if the destiny has allowed PLATINUM to access cabins early

When we went on the Elation the last of July, as we were dropping off our luggage with the porters they asked to see our boarding pass.

Our porter looked at ours and said ... "oh you're platinum, you can go right to your room when you get on."

We were meeting up with our son and his family, who weren't platinum so we had planned on waiting for them and boarding together and staying with them until they could get to their room. So, I have no idea whether our room really was ready when we boarded.

I do know that we got our luggage and had it all put away before we went to our muster drill and our son's family's luggage didn't get to their room until after dinner. But that could have had more to do with some other issues that they had with their boarding process.

Jonbdg....its something new that just started. I have never opened the doors before and always waited to 1:30 to head to the cabin. So that being said I just wanted to know if you are already platinum can we get to our cabins LEGALLY especially interested in destiny. This is something being allowed to FTTF people. Platinum people were not happy with them getting that perk so decided platinum would receive it too. Just want yo know if the destiny has allowed PLATINUM to access cabins early

My comment was directed at the poster saying it has always been allowed.

Concerning the Destiny its been a few years since Ive cruised on her so I cant say what is happening now BUT than it wasnt allowed......

If the ship has FTTF by the time you cruise than it will be a new Platinum perk on the ship until than its not a perk according to JH.

Sorry I couldnt help anymore

Your sarcastic tone is well noted, however, we were told that at Platinum we were permitted to drop off our carry on bags and have done so as directed. If YOU have not done so, that is no concern of mine.

I am not breaking any rule. I am not causing any additional work for the hard working stewards, I am simply doing as I was told by the porter in Ft. Lauderdale. If it were an issue I'm sure I would have been stopped by that officer.

The point of these boards is to help and assist others, not to be know it alls. There is no need to be right or wrong. We are sharing experiences...get a grip.

Just boarded the Fascination. There was a delay in boarding because of a medical emergency on the incoming trip. We boarded about 11:30 (first 20 onboard) and they said to check back about 12:30. I went back about 12:20 the fire doors were open and our cabin door was closed . All the others in the area were open and the crew was till preparing the rooms. Ours was fully ready to go :).

We were on the Destiny in July and went straight to our room to drop off our things. Our room steward said since we were platinum that our room was ready and we could enjoy our room or go to lunch. We dropped off our things, went to lunch and came back to see our bags in our room before 1:00! They said all Diamond and Platinum rooms will be ready by boarding time fleet wide now. Very nice, indeed!

Just off the liberty on Saturday. The platinum was great. Easy getting on the ship and then we went right to our cabin and our luggage was already there.

Quick note. When checking in bags we took them to a special line for f2tf and platinum/diamond members. That's how the bags get to your room quickly. All the porters in Miami had list with people's name on them who had the status

We met two families that used the f2tf and said it was worth it.

Kathy

Good to know about the special lines for dropping your bags. I wondered how that was going to work. Thanks for the tip.

Archived