To go box?

Mschif78

I can't speak to leftover dinner, but we have taken dessert back many times. They give you the whole dish with the see through lid on top, similar to how room service comes or how they bring out the dinners from the kitchen.

Yes you can. They will not say no.

I've heard them say no. Ive heard a waiter say they arent supposed to do it. (maybe they were angling for a tip?? but they did not sound to me like they wanted to do it. I wasnt the one who asked, just overheard the conversation).

OP, there are plenty of desserts in the buffet .. just go up there and get one when you are hungry.

Or take one from the buffet to your cabin for your midnight snack.

Ive found that if I am hungry later, there is food you can snack on and I dont eat food in my cabin.. but thats me.

The waiters dont really like to do to go plates its my experience and what they have said.

Hi, Kerry:

I'm one year out from gastric bypass and 'practiced' my new way of life last November on the Freedom- the week before my surgery. I lost 8 pounds on the cruise! Couple of observations from my practice week:

Finding protein for lunch or dinner that didn't have sugar on it (teriyaki, barbeque, etc) was challenging outside of the MDR.

Breakfast in the MDR made protein much easier as well. At the buffet, the omelette station is your friend.

Room service was great. I ditched the bread on sandwiches and enjoyed the fresh vegetables and salads.

I packed individual packets of protein powder and brought along my shaker bottle. I don't think I could have made my 100 grams of protein each day without the supplements.

I practiced the RNY "3 bite" dessert rule. I was surprised how easy it was to be okay with that.

Not indulging in umbrella drinks was much harder. One year out and I'm the world's cheapest drunk. Half a glass of wine and I think I'm the life of the party...lol

In the MDR, I ordered a normal meal (appetizer, entree, dessert) and would sample bites. At first the waitstaff thought I didn't like my meals but when I explained the situation, they were terrific about scouting out the no sugar / low sugar options.

I'm down 120 pounds and counting. Looking forward to our cruise in the spring so I put my practice to good use. :)

~ Sheryl

Hi-

I dont eat that much at one sitting due to having gastric bypass...Id like to be able to take the rest of my meal from the MDR back to my room or possibly dessert? Is that going to be possible?

Thanks!

Kerry

Archived