Tote Bags???

kc320

Does Holland America still give out the canvas tote bags? I still have mine from my 1st Hal sailing 10 years ago...comes in handy at the grocery store..but is starting to look a bit ragged...just wondering if it will be "replaced" when I sail again next march...

I sure hope so -- they gave them out in April. I use them to store photo albums from our cruises. Our old-fashioned albums are thick and heavy and hard to transport, and the tote bags are strong and perfect for carrying. They look good, too.

Mrs M

When do you get the bags? It will save me from bringing another.

The night before your first port -- which can be the very first evening of the cruise if -- for example your first port is HMC the next day.

If the first full day is at sea, then you get it that evening.

Sometimes if you have 2 sea days, then you have to wait a couple of days before you get it.

The regular canvas tote is on ebay for $4.99. The one for $14 is one I've never seen before. It's called vintage and has the name Holland America written across it multiple times.

that is the same tote I got when I sailed on the Rotterdam in 1988. it is vintage. I still have it.

The regular canvas tote is on ebay for $4.99. The one for $14 is one I've never seen before. It's called vintage and has the name Holland America written across it multiple times.

We have HAL canvas totes with a number of different designs. Ours have Holland America Line written again and again and again; another style has name of all the ships at the time; another has Alaska design and a pattern; another with a large HAL Logo.......

We also have a number of dark blue vinyl water resistant. They have the HAL Logo large printed on one side.

My favorite are the Mariners totes they give for Collectors cruises. I have a collection of those and they are so substantial, larger, longer shape with pocket in front and sturdier straps/handles. I really like those bags. :)

I use the totes around my community very frequently.

I don't want to wash them as some say some of them shrink. I rather bring them to my dry cleaner. :o

But every cabin gets a HAL tote on every cruise. As mentioned, it will be left on your bed the night before the first port.

The first time I was on HAL we both received a tote bag. Last month we received one even though two of us were in the cabin. It didn't seem as large as the last ones we received.

Unfortunately we were looking after a dog for the past two weeks and she managed to knock it off the table where I'd left it and once it hit the floor she peed on it so I threw it out! Talk about making a statement!

Next HAL cruise in 2 weeks so I'll see if we get one or two totes this time.

The first time I was on HAL we both received a tote bag. Last month we received one even though two of us were in the cabin. It didn't seem as large as the last ones we received.

Unfortunately we were looking after a dog for the past two weeks and she managed to knock it off the table where I'd left it and once it hit the floor she peed on it so I threw it out! Talk about making a statement!

Next HAL cruise in 2 weeks so I'll see if we get one or two totes this time.

We've only gotten one on our last few cruises too. No biggie - but if we get the nice collectors' totes next cruise - I will ask our steward for another one if we only get one:D The worst they can say is no, right;)

After reading sail7seas post I have realized that we haven't received a collector's tote. What I thought was a special one is the "dark blue vinyl water resistant" she described not the special one. Gee ripped off. ;)

The bags I saw on the Maasdam were really nice that some collectors were carrying around - they were blue at the bottom and sides (I would say water proof) and white in the middle portion with the HAL ship in blue. (sorry that's the best I can describe it). If that's what you got, I believe those are the collectors' totes:confused:

They were very nice looking and I would certainly put them to a lot more use than the typical HAL bag we get on our cruises

Archived