Renovation, Champagne, Caviar, Toiletries and Watersports on Seabourn ?

flamboyant 1

Hi,

I would like to know which Champagne they currently serve complimentary on Seaburn !?!

Also, what is the surcharge for a bottle of Dom Perignon or Krug or a regular Taittinger ?

What Caviar do they serve ? Beluga, Oscietra or Sevruga or Imperial ?

When and how often can you get caviar ?

Toiletries are Molton Brown as far as I heard, any chance for Bvlgari Green or White Tea ?

Is using watersports equipment complementary ?

When are the 3 ships being renovated ?

What will be altered/improved ?

When will one be able to cruise on the ships after the refit ?

I rather wait until after the refit for an even better experience.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Sebastian~~~I'll try to answer a few of your questions.

As to Champagne....Seabourn serves a premium French brand. I'm not a big "bubbly" drinker, others on our board can answer this. I do enjoy ordering French desert wines and these are very reasonable...... a good chilled French bottle is under $40. A Bonne Dunne runs a 'lit more. Ask your sommelier to save your label.......he will bring it to you in a beautiful Seabourn "booklet" with his tasting notes and commments, the ship and the date. I like to have everyone at the table sign the "wine card"......

Caviar is: Sevruga And may be ordered a 'round the clock, 24/7! Anytime, anywhere.

Amenities are Molton Brown. Also your housekeeper will provide you with different brands of fine soaps: Hermes, Chanel, Bijan, etc. Linens are Frette. The Spa: Steniar and Elemis products (I stock up when I'm on board~~~these are excellent!)

All water toys are complimentary

The three Yachts will be refitted in Oct., Nov., Dec. of 2005. (look in your Blue "Yachting Life" book for exact dates) The Pride and the Legend in the Bahamas and the Spirit in Singapore. I believe they will be dry-docked for only 2 weeks.........I think this is truly amazing!

Have fun! And remember~~~~"Don't forget to renew your Passport.....'ya sure don't want to stay home!" Salute!

Martita

Seabastian,

We went on our first Seabourn cruise earlier this year and it was marvelous. The additional improvements should be nice. Seabourn has recently published their second half 2006 and first half 2007 itineraries so there is now almost two years of itineraries to choose from. If you see an intinerary that you like that is prior to the renovation I wouldn't wait for the renovations as the ships were great regardless of the additional planned improvements.

One of the keys to Seabourn is their outstanding service. The word no is not in their vocablulary so while on board if there is request that you have, just ask away.

We loved our first Seabourn cruise so much that we have now booked two additional cruises. I hope you feel the same way after your first Seabourn cruise.

Keith

Keith~~~Your mention of "NO, it can not be done".......brings to mind this 'lit happening.

Years ago Mother and I were on a voyage. She was probably about 93. She loved to board the tenders and go ashore with me......YES, on her walker, "'ole Silver"......this particular day we were in the Caribbean and the sea was very rough and I was concerned about her boarding the tender. (as you know, when the sea is mad, you almost need to be a gymnast to climb aboard) Soooo, I came up with a 'little plan for Mother. I ask the Purser if we could find "someone" to entertain and babysit Mama while I was gone. Welllll, sure 'nuff, in a few minutes the Assistant Cruise Director came and "invited" Mother to join him in an afternoon of fun and activities! She was thrilled to death! And said to me, "You noticed that he didn't include YOU!" She felt so special and so honored....and enjoyed her " prized afternoon" with the handsome Assistant C.D.! Until the day she died, she often spoke of that fun afternoon!

Yes, Seabourn only knows the word, "YES!"

"Amigos Para Siempre!"

Martita

Sabastian~~~as to the brand of "House" champagne there are many drinkers

on our board......I know they will post and give you the name of the brand.

I'm a wine drinker, but RED.........Seabourn serves excellent wines. I particularly

enjoy the reds from Chile.

If you've not sailed on Seabourn come join us! It is life changing!

Martita

The Heidsieck Monopole is a different brand from Piper Heidsieck. The family split off a couple of centuries ago. Seabourn sometimes (used to, anyway) has Piper in the suite on arrival. The Monopole is a very nice champagne. They use different brands depending on what they can get that they like, but always French and always meets with the sommelier's approval.

bgood

Since I do not have a "blue book" does anyone know when the Spirit will be in drydock in Singapore?? We are scheduled to begin a sail on the 25th of November and hope the renovations will be complete by then. Thanks. Maxine

It apppears that Spirit is in Singapore from Dec. 8, the end of the November 24 14-day cruise, until December 22, starting a a 14-day cruise Singapore-Hong Kong. Those two December weeks are probably the drydock dates.

I know the above was advertised but has anybody ever actually discovered any on Seabourn or maybe they are just in the top suites and not in the A1s where we usually travel?:o

I don't know about anyone else, but I generally don't tear the bed apart to look at the brand of linens!!! ;-) Having said that, the linens are very nice, not to worry.

Denyse

Seabourn actually did make a deal to use Frette bed linens, but the delivery was...erratic...and as you know, your stewardess needs those pillowcases NOW! So they have gone back to a top hotel-trade maker with actually a higher thread count than the Frette ones.

bgood

I don't actually tear the bed apart to look for labels but when we were on the Pride in April I thought the quality of the bed linen was not as good as usual. It didn't even appear to be 100% cotton - and they've introduced foam pillows as well and one has to ask for feather ones. Surely we're not the only ones to experience this??? Having said that, these are minor criticisms and we still would not cruise with anyone else. (I only mentioned the Frette linens because Seabourn made a big deal out of it at one point!):o

We had to request down pillows instead of foam on the Legend as well, but found the thread count of the linens to be quite nice. The bed was very comfortable, more so than in prior years.

I found the linens on the Legend (speaking about my bed, only<G>) to be rougher, the pillows heavier, and the duvet heavier as well, than on the Pride.

That being said, I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, or sleeper.

Jane

I had to chuckle at your saying that the linen was a bit on the rough side. It reminded me of remodeling my guest room some years ago..i had all custom made..but the sheets...they were a very expensive Ralph Lauren..the pillow cases buttoned on..I thought they were top drawer! My daughter came to visit..and said...Mom...THOSE SHEETS!...what are they?..Military issue???? Here I thought I had really made a great choice. Now, when she comes to visit...she gets a "blend" that I dont have to iron..and she is happy as a clam! ha!

Hi all,

I was on the Legend April 7 and as usual, slept like a baby. I think the bed, pillow, sheets etc are all very comfortable. The duvet is very soft. I actually ask the stewardess NOT to tuck it in at the bottom. As always, with Seabourn any and all requests are met with a smile. My bed was turned down every night and the duvet NOT tucked under per my request.

Bon voyage

Not only do I request that the duvet not be tucked in, but that the bedspread never be used. After all, I might just want a teeny lie-in (especially after two Mai Tai's) and it is a pain for me to take off.

Jane

Do you know, I have never thought of asking the stewardess not to tuck in the bottom of the duvet - I just virtually remake the bed every night - how stupid is that!!! I have always found the beds on all 3 ships extremely confortable and the duvets as well. It's just the sheets and pillows I have a bit of a quibble about and that is only recently.

With regard to toiletries, I wish Seabourn would switch to Bulgari Green Tea. I believe they did use these on Silversea but have now stopped. The trouble with Molten Brown is that every hotel and restaurant in the UK seems to use them as well as BA and it would be nice to have a change. Still MB is better than the Neutrogena they used to use.:o

Archived