FCC and Grand Voyages

rafinmd

Well you probably won't be surprised that I have a crazy question about a crazy itinerary. I'm looking at something for Spring, 2014:

Crystal Symphony Bali-Singapore 2/28-3/11

Crystal Serenity Singapore-Cape Town 3/11-3/28

Amsterdam Cape Town-Ft. Lauderdale about 4/1

Now the question is I think I have 1 unused FCC. Can that be applied to a Grand Voyage and if so what are the conditions? I assume the normal reduced deposit doesn't apply but can I still apply the $100 to whatever the deposit is and get the normal onboard booking benefits. How is this supposed to work?

Thanks

Roy

If you mean you have a FCD and want to use that as deposit on a Grand Voyage..... no, Grand Voyages are not eligible for the $100 deposit. It is possible you could get OBC if you booked your Grand Voyage within 60 days of returning from a HAL cruise but you would have to place full deposit.

FCC = Future Cruise Consultant

That is the person who sold you the Future Cruise Deposit. :)

Grand Voyages are specified as exceptions where FCD's are not accepted.

We have read here before where they accepted FCD's against already booked cruises like you describe.

Is it indeed that FCD's are not accepted against Grand Voyages or rather that they are not accepted as the entire deposit for a Grand Voyage. It seems more reasonable to me that if someone had a $100 FCD and the Grand Voyage deposit was, say $2,000. that the net deposit required would be only $1,900 additional.

Am I making a mistake on this?

Scott & Karen

Archived