Barbie and RCI

"Mattel, meanwhile, plans an in-store Barbie promotion at Walmarts featuring a cruise ship and a sweepstakes to win a seven-day cruise and other prizes. "

Congratulations......Royal has fell to the depths of Walmart :rolleyes:

Fell?;):p

Ok beyond that editorial comment; I just have ro say, it's all about integrated marketing, they've done it with so many aspects of cruising. ( coke machines, Dreamworks, Tony Awards) I'm actually all for it, though we will never use this (or most of the other) premium experience, it will keep the cost of my cruise low. As long as my crusie is a value, I'll do it. And when I don't want to cruise with those types of experiences onboard, I cruise elsewhere.

It sounds great to me. Love that they are doing something special for girls. And I had 2 sons and 2 grandsons with no daughters or granddaughters!

Keep my cruise price lower, shouldn't interfer with my cruise - a win/win situation. Might have to give my nieces the cruise Barbie for Christmas.

Fell?;):p

Ok beyond that editorial comment; I just have ro say, it's all about integrated marketing,quote]

"I just have ro say" ??

My editorial comment :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Luckily, because it's a lack of dexterity with my fingers, I'm not very offended:D

I believe rci piloted this concept earlier (maybe 6-9 months ago) on fos. Apparently the pilot proved positive.

I was on FOS and witnessed the girls and this experience. If I was a little girl, I would have LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!!! It never interfered with anything else, but I wanted to see what al the girls did and thought it was absolutely darling. I am all for it. Think of Disney. How do you compete with them? By doing something like this it's a win/win for everyone. If I had a little girl that age, I would jump at the chance!

Actually, I think everyone has it backwards. More driving more demand, there will be less supply and then the price goes UP! Good if you are a shareholder because higher prices usually mean higher profit. But, for those of us used to this price point, who knows how well this will work in our benefit...

I can't turn off at night, even after I leave work. Sorry.

Actually, I think everyone has it backwards. More driving more demand, there will be less supply and then the price goes UP! Good if you are a shareholder because higher prices usually mean higher profit. But, for those of us used to this price point, who knows how well this will work in our benefit...

I can't turn off at night, even after I leave work. Sorry.

RCL stock opened up at $29.12 this morning...could this be a Barbie Bump?:D

Archived