What to do Post Cruise before my 5 pm flight??

MsDolly

We are looking for a tour to do once we walk off the Golden Princess this month after a short costal cruise. Our flight leaves at 5 pm, too much time to just sit around at the airport, but what to do with a couple of small suitcases in hand. I understand we can walk off the ship with our cases in hand and be off before 9 am, which should give us plenty of time so long as we find a tour operator.

Any one with experience or advice would be most appreciated.

Bel

Sorry am I bad! We'll be docking in San Pedro and I have checked and the cruiseline is not offering anything, which in itself seems odd.

Now that's not to say they won't have transfers available, just not sightseeing ones.

I'm thinking what's the worse thing, I take a shuttle to a popular location waste some time exploring the general area and hop a cab back to the airport. They are only little cases so not the end of the world if I have to take them with.

I thought about the hop on hop off bus but the cases could be an issue!

Again sorry for not being clear.

Sorry am I bad! We'll be docking in San Pedro and I have checked and the cruiseline is not offering anything, which in itself seems odd.

Now that's not to say they won't have transfers available, just not sightseeing ones.

I'm thinking what's the worse thing, I take a shuttle to a popular location waste some time exploring the general area and hop a cab back to the airport. They are only little cases so not the end of the world if I have to take them with.

I thought about the hop on hop off bus but the cases could be an issue!

Again sorry for not being clear.

Okay...

Now we can give you the answer you want:

Contact Sunseeker Tours...

http://sunseekertours.us/

That is the one tour operator that will personalize a tour for you with a pickup at the pier...

You will want to get off the ship early, though, because, with a 5:00 pm flight, you are going to want to get to LAX by 3:00 pm...

Sunseeker can pick you up with your luggage and take you on tour to the tourist sights of LA and drop you at LAX...

Okay...

Now we can give you the answer you want:

Contact Sunseeker Tours...

http://sunseekertours.us/

That is the one tour operator that will personalize a tour for you with a pickup at the pier...

You will want to get off the ship early, though, because, with a 5:00 pm flight, you are going to want to get to LAX by 3:00 pm...

Sunseeker can pick you up with your luggage and take you on tour to the tourist sights of LA and drop you at LAX...

I looked at them but didn't think they offered that service, thanks for the heads up I will see what they have to say.

We are looking for a tour to do once we walk off the Golden Princess this month after a short costal cruise. Our flight leaves at 5 pm, too much time to just sit around at the airport, but what to do with a couple of small suitcases in hand. I understand we can walk off the ship with our cases in hand and be off before 9 am, which should give us plenty of time so long as we find a tour operator.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rent an enterprise rent a car...they will pick you up...then drive up the coast and visit trump golf course...there is a public path you can use...

http://www.trumpnationallosangeles.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=326516&ssid=221303&vnf=1

and then have lunch at this fantastic resort which used to be marineland

http://www.terranea.com/

if you get great weather...it would be an ideal tour...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rent an enterprise rent a car...they will pick you up...then drive up the coast and visit trump golf course...there is a public path you can use...

http://www.trumpnationallosangeles.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=326516&ssid=221303&vnf=1

and then have lunch at this fantastic resort which used to be marineland

http://www.terranea.com/

if you get great weather...it would be an ideal tour...

Also good ideas but my husband says he definately wants to leave the driving to someone else.

Sunseeker was quick to reply and open to providing the pickup and drop off I needed so I think they'll be the answer for this trip.

You can tour the USS Iowa, which is docked next to the cruise terminal. Just a five minute walk further to the south is the Maritime Museum. Also, very interesting. Lots of places for lunch before catching transportation to the airport.

Thanks Jeff, I have been to the USS Iowa already on a previous visit, but good advice.

You can tour the USS Iowa, which is docked next to the cruise terminal. Just a five minute walk further to the south is the Maritime Museum. Also, very interesting. Lots of places for lunch before catching transportation to the airport.

My DH loves the idea of touring the USS Iowa and Maritime Museum. Do you know if there is a place where you can store your luggage while doing this? We'll just have our two carry-on's.

Thanks.

I looked at them but didn't think they offered that service, thanks for the heads up I will see what they have to say.

Just seen this post today. We are booked with Sunseekers as are several other from our roll call. They do pick up from San Pedro but you need to take your luggage off as early as possible (by 9:00 am) and they will drop you at the LAX or at a hotel by the airport.

Archived